samimista's Batman: Under The Red Hood review

Batman:Under The Red Hood

"What hurts more? A? Or B? Forehand? Or backhand?" When you watch Batman:Under The Red Hood you know you'll be hurting from laughter due to the hilarious lines delivered by Joker (voiced by John Di Maggio).The screenplay for the 2010 movie was written by Judd Winick,based on the 1988 Batman Comics storyline "A Death in the Family",where readers voted via a 1-900 number to either save or kill off the second Robin,Jason Todd.Over 10,000 votes were cast and with only a 72 vote majority,the decision was made to kill him.Todd was later brought back in 2005 as part of the 2005 "Under the Hood" storyline.For those non comic readers or new comic readers who want to learn about Jason Todd I suggest for you to watch this as this movie gets to the point without any fillers.Yet this movie knows how to keep you on the edge of your seat with it's ability to create anticipation to discover the mystery of the twists.

The film is emotional,violent,and gripping..It has the same feel as a live-action film and works on so many different levels.
What really draws you into the movie is the flashbacks that adds more emotional element showing the history of Jason's past.
There was this certain flashback of Jason getting ready to fight crime for the first time and say's "This is the greatest day
of my life",that really got me teary eyed due to the irony of what happens in the future.If you're an adult who grew up with Batman:The Animated Series this movie will bring back a nostalgia feeling due to similar artwork style,though unlike the series this movie is aimed at a mature audience due to bloody gory scenes.Personally though,I find it refreshing that Warner
Bros is aware there's another target audience for Batman that isn't just the kids.

There's only one complaint I have about this movie and that's not having Kevin Conroy reprising his role as Batman,considering the fact he's been voice acting him for the past two decades making him iconic.Overall though,after the first time I saw this movie it left me pondering what could of happened and what will happen to Red Hood in the future comics.This was probably the best Batman movie since the Mask of Phantasm which Under The Red Hood in my opinion was able to surpass due to more of a compelling storyline.Bottom line,this movie will impact you the storyline is well written and will touch you.

Posted by AirDave817

I just watched this over the weekend on Netflix! Must be some sort of Father's Day theme to it...

Great review!

I didn't notice if there was a rating on this film so people would KNOW it is not for young kids.

I gotta be honest - the violence bothered me. It bothered me in the original comic. I get it that The Joker is crazy and violent, if I had to pick, I'd take Mark Hamill's Joker over Nicholson, Ledger and DiMaggio.

It is a really great story. Especially the flashback you mention!

Posted by castleking

this is a great review.
keep making more, pls.

i really liked the movie as well and i agree with much of what you posted.

Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k

Very well review. I agree.
Except that I didn`t get teary eyed of that last scene. But well, everyone reacts differently (probably).