thatlad's Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne #5 - Masquerade review

• thatlad wrote this review on .
  • thatlad has written a total of 38 reviews. The last one was for

It's all becoming clear...

Once again let me preface this for you, I read this once when it first came out and then each time another issue came out I've re-read this issue to refresh myself.
So now I've got all 6 issues and I'm re-reading the whole lot and it's finally starting to make some sense.    Now's the time for me to review them.

Okay going to start out with a pet peeve I mentioned in my review of issue 3, Red Robin's depiction by the artist. Once again he's too big, he's only about 16-18 and the suit looks different now. It's not like the kingdom come suit it's been changed to symbolise Tim making it his own.

Anyways lots more allusions and explanations of the whole Black Glove & RIP storyline here, we see why there was the detective investigation and it's all down to those pearls once again! Good symbolism and it's important to realise that relevance of these things in the bat mythos This is the issue you need to buy to explain any of the black glove & batman RIP stories, it explains a lot. This is essentially another danse macabre with another Jezebel Jet waiting in the wings and even Bruce comments "I couldn't help thinking I'd done this before"

The art is split between two artist but is pretty seamless, overall I'd say the second half of the book is the better but I enjoyed it all. A very good read.
Posted by Silkcuts

I am glad you pointed out:
This ties into the Möbius strip stuff I mentioned in the Batman: The Returns review.
Glad you picked that idea up about "Another (insert) event"

Posted by thatlad

I'm still waiting on my copy of 'the return' seems to have got lost in the post along with Batman Inc, Daken & X-23...I'm chomping on a bit!!!!!!!! Damned post office!!!!