the_cyan_lantern's Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne #2 - Until the End of Time review

Bruce Is Coming Back, But Did You Understand It?

Summary:

Picking up directly from issue 1, Bruce has entered 16th century where he is know as "Brother Mordecai' (or Witch- Hunter Batman). When he arrives he meets Annie who has made deals with her gods. Meanwhile the Gotham Colony is in the middle of a witch hunt and it will take "The World's Greatest Detective" to convince the town's people and especially Brother Malleus to show them that they are wrong.

The Good:

As you may remember when we left off at issue 1, nearly 99% of us were wondering "How the hell did Bruce time traveled?". This issue answered that in way it takes a revelation at the end to understand. Reading through you start to see names like "Brother Mordecai" and unless you are reading Grant 24/7 you forget little tib bits like that. It might sound like a complaint but I really like how that's Grant's style. And to be honest I hated how Frank Irving's Batman & Robin #13 covered look so I was a little iffy, looking through I changed my mind on his style.

The Bad:

The only bad was how Hal, Superman, Rip and Booster had a little scene where they explain how would Bruce effect time when he comes back. Maybe it's just me but that left me a little unsatisfied.

My Vote: 4 out of 5

Overall great and explained his mystery jump (although he does it again). This issue had me reading it again 3 times and even Batman & Robin 10, 11, and 12 to fully get it but well worth it