thatlad's Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne #2 - Until the End of Time review

• thatlad wrote this review on .
  • thatlad has written a total of 38 reviews. The last one was for

Possibly my favourite

Once again let me preface this for you, I read this once when it first came out and then each time another issue came out I've re-read this issue to refresh myself.
So now I've got all 6 issues and I'm re-reading the whole lot and it's finally starting to make some sense.    Now's the time for me to review them.

So we're two issues in, I don't mind telling you first time I read this issue I was lost. I was thinking "Where the hell has this bloody monster come from? Why would it be in the olden times? This is a bit weird for me!" Then the vanishing point stuff came in and my head ached. Thing is now I've read through everything it all makes sense (well most of it at least) and it's so rewarding to start figuring it all out after resisting the urge to just read spoilers and explanations on the websites and blogs. I will say now I understand what the 'monster' / 'dragon' is I'm understanding things a bit clearer now.

Something worth mentioning here is Frazer Irving's art, it's clearly an acquired taste, not everyone likes it. I think it fits the time period well but with such a confusing storyline, having art where two characters look so similar makes for difficult reading. Such a shame as it really is good art, could use less heavy lines though. A lovely little detail i liked was Superman holding his head in his hands as the time sphere is stolen, it fits well with his character.

It is pretty cool to see some Bruce's detective skills in play here, he's forgotten a lot but his detective side is part of his nature ingrained in his character just as is his moral code to justice.

SPOILER WARNING: Click here to reveal hidden content.

So at first read I wasn't sold on this issue but after reading as part of the whole, I would probably say it's possibly my favourite