Disappointing Storyline.

#1 Posted by Master_Prophet (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone else been disappointed with the storyline in this series since the new 52 reboot? I've been picking up every issue since the relaunch, but it just can't even compare to the masterful Batman story arc that Scott Snyder is penning right now. The problem I have with this series is simple: rather then weave an interesting story together, this has just become nothing more then a playground to dump all of Batman's rouge gallery at him. We've seen Two-Face, Joker, Poison Ivy, and now Scarecrow...and I from what I saw in the previews, Bane. But what about the whole connection to the mysterious "White Rabbit" character? That intrigued me, and it seems that Finch has just abandoned that. I will say that this is one of the better series in terms of art work, but the story has fallen flat here.

#2 Posted by StarKiller809 (1237 posts) - - Show Bio

I got every single issue before the relaunch. It wasn't great but it wasn't too awful for me. The delays made me super mad but that's it. The rebooted version I read for two issues because why get this when I could get Batman or even Detective.
Great art, think the story could use some work.

#3 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

finch is a great artist, not much of a writer

#4 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2219 posts) - - Show Bio

@Master_Prophet said:

rather then weave an interesting story together, this has just become nothing more then a playground to dump all of Batman's rouge gallery at him.

Yeah, that's exactly what this story is. It reads like it was written by someone who skimmed works like Hush, Knightfall, Arkham City, etc. but completely missed the point. That it all needs to be driven in a connected manner for streamlined storytelling and intrigue, otherwise you're just throwing in villains left and right like a little kid playing with his action figures.

As for White Rabbit, she never intrigue me. I defend Red Hood and the Outlaws, Voodoo, and Catwoman tooth and nail but White Rabbit is pure exploitation, plain and simple. She wants you to 'chase' her even though she doesn't want you to 'catch' her. She's a massive attention whore for powerful men and readers alike. Don't give it to her, and maybe she'll just fade away and we can put this embarrassing storyline behind us.

#5 Posted by Master_Prophet (8 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty excited to see the takeover with Issue #10. I think the Court of Owls issue was fantastic, probably my favorite of Batman: The Dark Knight so far, but that isn't saying much.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.