jonny1995's Batman: The Dark Knight Returns #1 - TPB review

• jonny1995 wrote this review on .
  • jonny1995 has written a total of 2 reviews. The last one was for HC

Awesome take on one of the greatest comic-book characters of all time

Before Frank Miller wrote Sin City and started to suck, he was famous for his run on Marvel's Daredevil and Batman: The Dark Knight Returns.

The story is about an old Bruce Wayne becoming Batman again but he soon comes face-to-face with not only the Mutant gang but The Joker and Two-Face as well.

Pro's:

- The art is great because it capture's the tone of the graphic novel and I like how Frank Miller uses the colors.

- The plot is interesting because you have Batman who's fighting crime again despite being old and there's moments where the plot kept me on the edge of my seat especially when the Joker is released from Arkham Asylum.

- The action scene's are cool especially when Batman faces off with Joker and Two-Face.

Con's:

- Some of the character design's are silly and I had trouble taking some of the character's seriously with there goofy designs.

Overall, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns is an amazing comic-book that's definitely worth adding to your comic-book collection.