riddlemethis's Batman: The Dark Knight #1 - The Dark Knight Returns review

Great Series

Very good take on Batman, focusing on the grittier side of his character, even before that style of comics has became as popular as it has today, clearly shows that The dark knight is human, and fighting people at 50 could prove a challenge.
The ideas of splinter Batman groups are great ideas, "the sons of batman" prove to be a way youths have risen up by the memory of Batman to combat the "mutants" although they're rather misguided, without Bats' they torch buildings to convey a message.
The way Bruce shows his guilt for the Jokers crimes because of his inabillity to break his rule (not to kill anyone) is a great climax towards the end of the story.
The series can also be found in a graphic novel form, where i first read it, which is a good way to get the story read without breaks...
As it provides a great insight into Batmans head, and it portrays what gotham could become without a hero, i'd give it about 4.5 out of 5, and i also agree with 'smile' It would make a great film.

Other reviews for Batman: The Dark Knight #1 - The Dark Knight Returns

A dystopic version of Batman's possible future! 0

Miller did some good work back in the 80s when working with Dc comics... They were Ronin, Batman: Year One and this one... In my opinion one of his ultimate masterpieces: Batman The Dark Knight Returns. An extensive version of Batman's possible future (just like Gran Morrison's 666th Batman issue) Where our beloved Bruce Wayne has clearly the "Ol' Warhorse" Perennial Personality... Now, when he's 50 years old he must strike again the streets because of the impending chaos and mayhem overrunning ...

One of the greatest comic book of all time. 0

This comic book , the Dark knight returns one the first I read a great comic book. Once I first read this book, I found out that I seem very shock  that this a batman comic book. I like that it had a strong dark setting. It made you realized that this is not your kid like batman. It was writing by frank miller who is one of the coolest comic book writer. Also I like how Batman returns Gotham city in a way that is very surprise. Overall I recommend  that you read this book. If you have not read ...