inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    No Caption Provided
    Hush, who had plastic surgery done to look like Bruce Wayne, continues to pose as Gotham city's number one playboy while being "babysat" by Zatanna. What does he have planned for the city and who's trying to kill him?

The Good

Many Streets of Gotham fans, like myself, have been waiting for this storyline to pick back up, and the creative team of Paul Dini and Dustin Nguyen deliver a highly entertaining book. Even though Thomas "Hush" Elliot has been posing as Bruce Wayne for quite some time, the justice league still doesn't trust him, which they shouldn't. We get bits and pieces of what hush may be planning, and it looks like he's going to turn Gotham upside down. As always with Dini and Nguyen, they deliver a well drawn and written book that's reminiscent of the Batman the animated series from the 90s.

The Bad

This issue moves pretty slow, but it's mostly doing so because it's re-establishing Hush as a key villain in the rogues gallery. In addition, a couple of issues ago, they set this story up, then had one issue featuring two-face, and they conclude the story as a back-up in this issue. The problem with this is that you're getting into the current storyline and then right in the middle, you're dealt a new creative team and story, and sometimes the story is just uninteresting.

The Verdict 4/5

This is a great jumping on point for new readers, as long as you're aware what is going on in the batman universe. This is one of the best creative teams on any comic and is highly recommended if you're interested in the world that batman lives in.
    Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
    The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

User Lists: 4

We'd better not lose Dustin Nguyen to Batgirl. Nothing against Batgirl but Streets of Gotham is one of the best Bat-Books out there right now and it'd be a shame to lose the Dustin/Dini Duo.

NXH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By NXH
    @The Mighty Monarch said:
    "We'd better not lose Dustin Nguyen to Batgirl. Nothing against Batgirl but Streets of Gotham is one of the best Bat-Books out there right now and it'd be a shame to lose the Dustin/Dini Duo. "

Agreed. Dustin and Dini are my favourite Bat creative team right now.
    Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Eyz

Awesome book!

Joey Ravn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Joey Ravn

SoG is a great title plagued by terrible timing. "House of Hush" looks great, but it's all over the place. They threw a Two-Face issue between part 1 and 2, and part 3 is scheduled for october, if memory serves...

Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
    They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By They Killed Cap!

Just got this looking forward to reading it.
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

I love Paul Din's work on here, but he needs to get on the ball, every few issue there's a fill in writer, I know Dustin Nguyen isn't the problem because he's been drawing almost every issue

The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
    " I love Paul Din's work on here, but he needs to get on the ball, every few issue there's a fill in writer, I know Dustin Nguyen isn't the problem because he's been drawing almost every issue "
    Chris Yost's Man-Bat/Huntress story was excellent, and if it hadn't interrupted House of Hush, I'd have to say the Two-Face Co-Feature taking over the entire last issue was fantastic because in the end, that was still an amazing story.
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The Mighty Monarch: I'm not denying that those stories were good, even Mike Benson's little fill in wasn't bad. But I wish I didn't have to wait longer than I have to to get the conclusion of a story
    The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
    " @The Mighty Monarch: I'm not denying that those stories were good, even Mike Benson's little fill in wasn't bad. But I wish I didn't have to wait longer than I have to to get the conclusion of a story "
    Yeah, true that. Although I noticed that Dustin Nguyen's usually amazing covers were less than stellar in the cases of Yost and Benson's stories, which is amusing to me XD
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The Mighty Monarch: I think he was alittle annoyed too, lol
    The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Emperor Gonzo Noir: Although the one issue where he didn't do any art had one of the absolute best covers. #15 with Two-Face had a mind-blowingly awesome cover.
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The Mighty Monarch: I know, it's the background for my computer

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.