inferiorego's Batman: Streets of Gotham #21 - The House of Hush Finale review

• inferiorego wrote this review on .
  • inferiorego has written a total of 318 reviews. The last one was for

Review: Batman Streets of Gotham 21

Tommy Elliot finally goes back to being Hush.

The Good

As always, the writing and art are top notch. Dini and Dustin Nguyen work together perfectly on this book. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, each issue feels like an episode of Batman: The Animated Series. As for the actually story contained within the issue, I really like how Tommy Elliot is no longer Tommy, and he's no longer Bruce Wayne because he's back to being Hush. While I loved the idea of him taking the role of Bruce, while Bruce was misplaced in time,  it was really time for Tommy to go back to his bandaged up roots.

The Bad

I don't know how I feel about Jane Doe yet. The idea of the character is really cool, but I'm not feeling like she can be believable as a key player in the Gotham crime network. I thought, overall, I'd love this storyline, since I really enjoy Hush, but when it comes down to it, I just don't like the House of Hush arc. It wasn't as good as the other stories in this series, and I'm still a little peeved about that Two-Face story a few months ago.

Am I the only person who gets a little annoyed with this book? Ever since they jumped over to a Two-Face story in issues 14 and 15, which was actually the start of this storyline, I've lost a lot of interest in this book just due to that. Personally, it's a 3 out of 5 for me. Many other Batman Streets of Gotham fans will differ, but I'm just not enjoying this issue or story. The writing and art are some of the best at DC, but that doesn't make a book great. It will only get you halfway there.
Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir

This has been pretty scattershot for a while now. It really feels like Dini got the word that series was getting the axe a while ago and shoved in as much as he could at the end.

Posted by The Mighty Monarch
@Emperor Gonzo Noir: I'd say the opposite. I almost feel like he didn't find out the series was cancelled until he'd finished this issue. The whole thing with Bedbug, Skel, and Hush's new status, all seem like loose ends to set up future storylines in Streets of Gotham.
Edited by noj

Did you notice that the Joker as a kid was in this issue!? Crazy!!!