the_cyan_lantern's Batman: Streets of Gotham #14 - House of Hush pt. 1; Two-Face: The Long Way Down review

I Really Wanted To Like You

Summary:

As Hush tries to escape with his master plan, he can't help but look into the past reflecting his mothers journal. Meanwhile an old time Gotham gangster is ready to reclaim his town by first taking out Bruce Wayne.

The Good:

Personally I think Gotham has too many freaks. So when I see the first few pages of this old time gangster man come straight out of prison and wants to "whack" Bruce Wayne it kinda gives you gitters for the arc to come. Especially since Thomas is "Bruce".

The Bad:

To me this issue fell short of the potential I saw for it. I praise this series to my friends and I think this was the book to take its blow. First off we get peek of the future put wasn't that epic of a hook. Then we get a sort inner monologue that was followed by the glimpse of the past. In this past we see a kindhearted Martha Wayne, a horrible Mrs. Elliot, and a party animal Thomas Wayne?!? 2 out of 3 makes sense. Afterward a sneak peak of a valuable character then given the what I think is the longest Second Feature.

Vote: 3 out of 5

Like I said, this series tends to be strong but not all books are perfect.
Posted by Silkcuts

It is sad... the cover is so nice, but the story is weak.

Other reviews for Batman: Streets of Gotham #14 - House of Hush pt. 1; Two-Face: The Long Way Down

At last they are coming back! 0

The good   The cover of this issue is awesome!! I think the story is ok, for an introduction. The part with the Waynes were interesting although I wonder how much of them are true, maybe hush's mother is no the most reliable source in Gotham. Now one thing it's new, at least for me is the fact that Martha's maiden name is Kane, I wonder if she is related to batwoman? If I remember correctly her family is very rich, second only to Wayne family. The second feature was great, I have been missing tw...

House of Hush Prelude 0

Main Feature: The House of Hush Prelude This was an interesting set up to the rest of the story, but sadly, not too much happened. Paul Dini wrote this issue well, but he didn't add a lot of plot development or action. Which also means Dustin Nguyen didn't have much to draw. His art is pretty good but I think he does action scenes better than dialogue scenes, so we don't get to see his real talents this issue. Most of this issue takes place in one flash back that has what could be interesting in...