Follow

Batman R.I.P.

Story arc »

Batman battles the mysterious Doctor Hurt and his Club of Villains. Long forgotten secrets from the past are dug up, and the Dark Knight is forced to fight for his very sanity.

Should have been titled BATMAN WTF??

Avatar image for marshall_madness
    Marshall Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Marshall Madness

Did this story make ANY sense to anyone??? Or did I just miss way too much before the actual R.I.P. story to follow it?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By The_Ghostshell

You missed way to much before the actual arc.

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By No_Name_
    Marshall Madness said:
    "Did this story make ANY sense to anyone??? Or did I just miss way too much before the actual R.I.P. story to follow it?
    "
    I will have an article and video about it by the weekend if you are interested! I can send you the info and maybe it'll help you out.
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#4  Edited By gmanfromheck

I read all the issues or at least I think I did.  Didn't feel like it though.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By danhimself
    G-Man said:
    "I read all the issues or at least I think I did.  Didn't feel like it though.
    "

it's because morrison is a nutcase and has said that he leaves scenes out so the reader can use his imagination to fill in the blanks....again i say nutcase
    No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#7  Edited By No_Name_

No its not :(

It was actually pretty amazinggggg

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Ghostshell

There's a comic entitled "The Black Casebook." I would recommend this to anyone who read R.I.P and felt confused.

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lantern Prime
    Marshall Madness said:
    "Did this story make ANY sense to anyone??? Or did I just miss way too much before the actual R.I.P. story to follow it?
    "

It did actually make sense, u must have missed alot of stuff.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I will say however that it took a lil work to understand what was going on. Babs and I had to go back to comics that weren't part of R.I.P to understand scenes and other things taking place within R.I.P But to me that was part of the fun and appeal of the arc.

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lantern Prime
    Gambler said:
    "I will say however that it took a lil work to understand what was going on. Babs and I had to go back to comics that weren't part of R.I.P to understand scenes and other things taking place within R.I.P But to me that was part of the fun and appeal of the arc.
    "
    Ilike the 3nding they gave to Jezebel......
    Avatar image for deactivated-5af7470263a09
    deactivated-5af7470263a09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ive read plenty of this story and i got what morrison was trying to say with batman and bruce wayne characters, but it was still pretty bad.

DialHForHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DialHForHero

I guess I'm late on this but I just got around to reading it. 

It seemed to be another version of Knightfall in some way.  Where the enemy has to break Batman down before he can kill/defeat him.  Nothing really new and this made very little sense.  Knightfall was fun and I knew what was going on.  I had no idea what was happening.  I like Morison too so this was a big disappointment.  It's one thing to leave it up to imagination.  It's another to leave the reader to make up their own story.  So glad I borrowed it from the library than having to own it. 

Sidenote: 

I want to read a complete Batman story, not the middle of it.  A good story would draw from what happened previously and lead to new stories, while also giving the reader a complete adventure.  I should want to read the pervious stories to see what made the one I'm reading so good and want to continue reading future stories.  I read The Black Glove too and I'm still at a loss.  I get that these are references to old Silver Age stories but they're way too obscure.  Understanding Batman should be fun, not tedious research.
    deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.