Follow

Batman Incorporated

Story arc »

After traveling through time Bruce Wayne has returned to the present day and is prepared to take his war on crime to the next level, by essentially "franchising" it, by drafting, training and commanding a team of heroes who will fight crime on a global scale representing the bat symbol.

Reading order?

Avatar image for omertalvendetta
    Omertalvendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Omertalvendetta

I'm really interested in picking up all the issues for Batman Incorporated... are they all necessary, and secondly, most of the reading order has been updated in Batman Incorporated , but where do the newer issues stand... they're still out of order and I don't know the order at which I should read them... can anyone help me out?

GamiSB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By GamiSB

The only required reading for Batman Inc is the Batman Incorporated book. The other titles are all on their own and telling their own stories but just fit with the general over arching theme. 
    I do recommend picking up Detective Comics starting at 871 since the run there has been amazing.

Avatar image for omertalvendetta
    Omertalvendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Omertalvendetta
    @GamiSB: That's what's most disappointing.  I have read all three Batman Inc titles and I truly feel completely lost.  I have heard that Morrison is cryptic, but the confusing storytelling is bordering on absurdity.  I really don't want to drop the series, hence me asking if me getting supplemental story off other titles would actually make the storyline any better, because frankly, right now it's lacking a whole lot of essence and making me wonder why I should care.  (Sorry for the rant... it was not aimed at you.  Thanks for your response!).
    GamiSB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By GamiSB

You may also try picking up Batman: The Return (not to be confused with Return of Bruce Wayne) It sets up Inc and may clear up a few questions. Or you can ask here. I've been reading all the bat books so I can help you out if you don't understand something. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@omertalvendetta said:
    " @GamiSB: That's what's most disappointing.  I have read all three Batman Inc titles and I truly feel completely lost.  I have heard that Morrison is cryptic, but the confusing storytelling is bordering on absurdity.  I really don't want to drop the series, hence me asking if me getting supplemental story off other titles would actually make the storyline any better, because frankly, right now it's lacking a whole lot of essence and making me wonder why I should care.  (Sorry for the rant... it was not aimed at you.  Thanks for your response!). "

I've been reading all of Morrison's Bat-work and I still feel lost.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Magian

Yeah, I was a bit lost too when I read the last issue of Batman Inc.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @Jake Fury said:
    "@omertalvendetta said:
    " @GamiSB: That's what's most disappointing.  I have read all three Batman Inc titles and I truly feel completely lost.  I have heard that Morrison is cryptic, but the confusing storytelling is bordering on absurdity.  I really don't want to drop the series, hence me asking if me getting supplemental story off other titles would actually make the storyline any better, because frankly, right now it's lacking a whole lot of essence and making me wonder why I should care.  (Sorry for the rant... it was not aimed at you.  Thanks for your response!). "
    I've been reading all of Morrison's Bat-work and I still feel lost. "

and you still enjoy it?WOW you must be a really kind hearted dude. 
    @omertalvendetta said:

Pick up the return one shot,and have some patience.these mysteries will start unwinding.
    correlmal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By correlmal

Hi, I had the same question as the OP and found a great list posted by another user here which includes a lot of what you need, specially if you're very new to all of Batman. Here you go:  http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/silkcuts/required-reading-to-understand-grant-morrisons-batman/75-20588/ 

The list encompasses quite a bit, but I think a good place to start if you have common knowledge of Batman is with Batman R.I.P. and Final Crisis, as they explain what happened to Batman, and is where Batman: The Return starts. Also, a bit of history about Dick Grayson (the original Robin) and Damian ( Batman: Son Of The Demon) would help.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.