silkcuts's Batman, Incorporated #6 - Nyktomorph review

• silkcuts wrote this review on .
  • silkcuts has written a total of 726 reviews. The last one was for

Batman is Everywhere!

The angle Grant Morrison's arc seemed to avoid was the idea of the urban myth of Batman, is he real?  That angle is no longer avoided and Grant Morrison makes sure to address the myth aspect of Batman.  People ask if Batman is real, and if he was not Bruce Wayne will invent him.  People ask if Batman can be everywhere at once and Batman responds by being everywhere at once.  There is a war brewing between Batman Inc and Leviathan and the chess board is being set with all the pieces soon in place.  The possibility of Bruce loosing his edge as "The Worlds Greatest Detective" is foreshadowed by Bruce loosing a chess match with an old friend.  I wonder how important the chess-table will be in the coming arcs.  Grant has used many classic games as plot developments: Dominoes that become masks, cards that become the Dead Man's hand and now The Art of War meets a chess table.

I look forward to rereading this in trade once more pieces are placed the build up in this issue will be more relevant. Batman Inc seems to finally running smooth after the long wait between issues 2-3 Batman Inc seems to be very focused.  Grant Morrison on Batman remains my favorite mainstream book.

Cheers
- Silkcuts

Posted by johnny_spam

Felt like a whole other issue one and now I wonder if Morrison goes on message boards with various names like Bruce does.

Posted by longbowhunter

By far my favorite issue of this series. Not too fond of Cassandra Cain's new identity. "BlackBat" seems really generic in both name and costume. Love the art though. Chris Burnham has been on my radar since he did Officer Down over at Image. Hope to see more from him and more stories like this in the future.
Posted by Silkcuts
@johnny spam said:
I think the fingermen at DC do it for him.  You know what, it does feel like it is an issue #1.

@longbowhunter said:
By far my favorite issue of this series. Not too fond of Cassandra Cain's new identity. "BlackBat" seems really generic in both name and costume. Love the art though. Chris Burnham has been on my rabdar since he did Officer Down over at Image. Hope to see more from him and more stories like this in the future.

Burnham does do a great job and your dead on about cain's new identity.  Why not just call her Batgirl #2...lol