deadpool1109's Batman, Incorporated #1 - Leviathan, Part One: Demon Star review

• deadpool1109 wrote this review on .
  • deadpool1109 has written a total of 19 reviews. The last one was for

Batman Inc. #1 (DC)

So much blood!!

The issue gets going from a couple of pages in with a whole bunch of action and blood and beating-the-living-hell out of a bunch of guys in weird masks. Yes, weirder than Batman’s. They look like goat heads. Goat heads trump bat ears in weirdness. This issue also marks the introduction of Bat-Cow, and Damian stating he is now vegetarian.

Damian has a price on his head. Apparently set by his mom to get Batman’s attention. At the same time a bunch of villains known as Leviathan are taking over the Gotham underworld. Meanwhile we see various Bat based superheroes (part of Batman Inc.) who are hiding out in Batcave West. And you wonder ‘What in god’s name is going on?!’ I’m not going further for fear of spoilers.

Ok so the story is interesting. Gripping and full of action, violence and blood.

Burnham’s art leaves me wanting. I feel like there is something missing that I can’t quite put my finger on.

SCORE : 7.5 / 10