Who's Morrison going to off?

#1 Posted by jukeboxheroabc (148 posts) - - Show Bio

In Batman Inc 6.  Bruce states that with the whole leviathan problem that not everybody is going to survive, my only question is I wonder who will make it and who won't? I have a feeling some may be the international Batmen, but does any one think that someone that we care about is on the chopping block?

#2 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio

My guess would be Blackbat.

#3 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

Are they already planing a cop out for Batman Inc.?

#4 Posted by jukeboxheroabc (148 posts) - - Show Bio
@Green Skin: Hmm...I don't know, I guess if this goes long enough that Cass might be a big one 

I have a feeling that Stephanie Brown would be safe, since she was only "killed" a few years ago and I can't see morrison Killing of Damian. Oddly I see Dick being the one that I'm kinda worried about as well, I mean DC tried to kill Dick in infinite Crisis only to have Kon take the bullet and there were mentions of him being at a crossroads in August.  A the same time though Dick is kinda the glue of the DCU in someways. Who knows with Morrison
#5 Posted by jukeboxheroabc (148 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe: I have no Idea, trying to read Morrison's mind is a hard thing lol. 

All I know is that Bruce said "and no, Not everybody survives" when Dick asks him If things turned out right when he saw the future. 
#6 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio
@jukeboxheroabc: Now that you mention it, I could see them offing Dick.  It would be an easy way out of the 2 Batmans thing they are stuck in.  It would be interesting to see how Damian would react to Dick dying.
#7 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio
@Green Skin: or they could let Dick be his own man again like when he was Nightwing instead of leaving him trapped in Batman's shadow 
#8 Posted by jukeboxheroabc (148 posts) - - Show Bio
@Green Skin:  I know right, even though the little brat made want to hit him like Tim did upto Battle of the cowl, I would feel bad since it seemed Dick was the only one, besides Alfred and Steph,  to take an interest in the kid. I say it would go two ways, Damian becoming Darker   (which kinda scares me) or Damian getting to become closer with the rest of his Family.  As much as I love Dick Grayson I think it would be a great character development for everyone in the DCU. 
#9 Posted by jukeboxheroabc (148 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe: There have been a lot of talks of his return to being Nightwing, though if this happens, the original question comes around. Who does Morrison want to off? I hope it's not Alfred, I was just thinking one of the Outsiders?
#10 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

No one important will die. Some loser-Batman will get it. That's all.

#11 Posted by jukeboxheroabc (148 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: Hmm... you might be right, though there have been some complaints that the Batfamily is getting too big, you think Didio  and Morrison would try to use this as an opportunity to make it smaller ?
#12 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@jukeboxheroabc: Nope. Morrison loves the Bat-family, and he doesn't listen to Didio. Didio listens to Morrison.
#13 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio
@jukeboxheroabc: That's exactly what I was thinking.  Either he'd aspire to live up to the example set by Dick, or he'd go dark.  It could be interesting if he went dark, then there is the possibility that he could fall in with Jason Todd.  Could be some interesting stories there if Todd takes Damian as his protege.

@joshmightbe:  They have to do something.  Having them both use the Batman identity just doesn't work.  For better or worse, Dick taking the mantle was a story that they had to tell.  Now that Bruce is back Dick either has to die, or take a different identity.  If he goes back to Nightwing I just hope they make it interesting and actually give a a good story as to why he becomes Nightwing again.  
#14 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Green Skin said:
@jukeboxheroabc: That's exactly what I was thinking.  Either he'd aspire to live up to the example set by Dick, or he'd go dark.  It could be interesting if he went dark, then there is the possibility that he could fall in with Jason Todd.  Could be some interesting stories there if Todd takes Damian as his protege.

Todd and Damian hate each other with a passion. Damian still adores his dad too.
#15 Posted by jukeboxheroabc (148 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@Green Skin said:

Todd and Damian hate each other with a passion. Damian still adores his dad too.    
True, I could only see Damian going with Todd if the Death of Dick made Damian think that Todd's methods of dealing with Crime would be better, Though I hope he would become a better hero, DC has had enough Batfamily go rouge and Jason seems to be the only character that kind of successfully due. 
@FadeToBlackBolt
said:
@jukeboxheroabc: Nope. Morrison loves the Bat-family, and he doesn't listen to Didio. Didio listens to Morrison.  
lol sorry I forgot Morrison=God in Batman universe all writers bow down to him. xD 
#16 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@jukeboxheroabc said:

@FadeToBlackBolt
said:
lol sorry I forgot Morrison=God in Batman universe all writers bow down to him. xD 
That's ok. We all forget sometimes. Then we read Batman #681 and remember that it's the greatest run ever.
#17 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@Green Skin said:

Well damn, I apparently need to catch up on my Batman books.  

I hope they return him to being Nightwing, rather than kill him off anyhow.   Since DC and Marvel tend to mirror each other a lot, I could see them doing a Schism type story with the Bat Family.    Make Dick and Bruce have a big falling out which would cause Dick to give up the Cowl and return to being Nightwing.   Have some of the others side with Dick and you could have some interesting stories to tell.  I find the idea of the Bat Family at war with itself intriguing.
#18 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Green Skin said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@Green Skin said:

Well damn, I apparently need to catch up on my Batman books.    I hope they return him to being Nightwing, rather than kill him off anyhow.   Since DC and Marvel tend to mirror each other a lot, I could see them doing a Schism type story with the Bat Family.    Make Dick and Bruce have a big falling out which would cause Dick to give up the Cowl and return to being Nightwing.   Have some of the others side with Dick and you could have some interesting stories to tell.  I find the idea of the Bat Family at war with itself intriguing.
Jason shot Damian in the spine lol. 

Dick will return to being Nightwing eventually, since him being Batman is stupid anyhow. It's highly doubtful there'll be a Schism though since Morrison doesn't rip Marvel off, Dick and Bruce are closer than they've been in years, and Bruce would stomp everyone else in the Bat-family if it came down to a fight.
#19 Posted by jukeboxheroabc (148 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@jukeboxheroabc said:

@FadeToBlackBolt
said:
That's ok. We all forget sometimes. Then we read Batman #681 and remember that it's the greatest run ever.
True, He truly knows how to peice together an epic story and yet give enough character development to let other good writers to branch them out, i.e Red Robin. Though I have to say I read Justice League: Injustice League unlimited and I found Bruce's lines   my favorite part of it.
#20 Posted by jukeboxheroabc (148 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@Green Skin said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@Green Skin said:

Well damn, I apparently need to catch up on my Batman books.    I hope they return him to being Nightwing, rather than kill him off anyhow.   Since DC and Marvel tend to mirror each other a lot, I could see them doing a Schism type story with the Bat Family.    Make Dick and Bruce have a big falling out which would cause Dick to give up the Cowl and return to being Nightwing.   Have some of the others side with Dick and you could have some interesting stories to tell.  I find the idea of the Bat Family at war with itself intriguing.
Jason shot Damian in the spine lol.   Dick will return to being Nightwing eventually, since him being Batman is stupid anyhow. It's highly doubtful there'll be a Schism though since Morrison doesn't rip Marvel off, Dick and Bruce are closer than they've been in years, and Bruce would stomp everyone else in the Bat-family if it came down to a fight.
I have to agree with FadeToBlackBolt, Jason is the only one in the family that is currently at odds with Bruce, My only question is how will Damian feel about not being Dick's partner, since they have shown he can't work well with his father as Robin, or would Robin become nightwing's sidekick
#21 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@jukeboxheroabc said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@Green Skin said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@Green Skin said:

Jason shot Damian in the spine lol.   Dick will return to being Nightwing eventually, since him being Batman is stupid anyhow. It's highly doubtful there'll be a Schism though since Morrison doesn't rip Marvel off, Dick and Bruce are closer than they've been in years, and Bruce would stomp everyone else in the Bat-family if it came down to a fight.
I have to agree with FadeToBlackBolt, Jason is the only one in the family that is currently at odds with Bruce, My only question is how will Damian feel about not being Dick's partner, since they have shown he can't work well with his father as Robin, or would Robin become nightwing's sidekick
I'd say they'll just be working as a Unit for the foreseeable future. Whether Dick is Batman or Nightwing, Damian will still be his partner, and they'll all be operating out of the same areas.
#22 Posted by jukeboxheroabc (148 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@jukeboxheroabc said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@Green Skin said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@Green Skin said:

I'd say they'll just be working as a Unit for the foreseeable future. Whether Dick is Batman or Nightwing, Damian will still be his partner, and they'll all be operating out of the same areas.
I could see that. In my opinion Dick is the only one that can truly operate efficiently with Damian as a mentor/apprentice situation. (Dick should add that to his job description, "will train sidekicks, whether they be savage killers, or highly intelligent teens that will get moody if there life is screwed with").
#23 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@Green Skin said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@Green Skin said:

Very true.  I just want there to be a good reason why Dick becomes Nightwing again.   Seems about 99% of people want him too, I just don't want them to stick in something stupid as an afterthought just to get Dick out of the Batsuit.
#24 Posted by jukeboxheroabc (148 posts) - - Show Bio
@Green Skin:  I agree, Perhaps have Inc dismanteld after the Levaithan reaches it's peak and then have Dick feel that he needs to return to his own identity, or at least a new one that combines the maturity he has gained from being batman and the independence of being Nightwing
#25 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio
@jukeboxheroabc said:
@Green Skin:  I agree, Perhaps have Inc dismanteld after the Levaithan reaches it's peak and then have Dick feel that he needs to return to his own identity, or at least a new one that combines the maturity he has gained from being batman and the independence of being Nightwing
Are you more in favor of him returning to Nightwing or going with a new identity?  I was talking to a guy that wanted him to take the code name Batwing, lol.  Would certainly make the phrase 'Batman was in Batwings cockpit' a whole lot more interesting.
#26 Posted by entropy_aegis (15329 posts) - - Show Bio

Talia.she will be killed by Damian.Justice and irony both in one go,Darkseid shall rise.
#27 Posted by jukeboxheroabc (148 posts) - - Show Bio
@Green Skin: That does sound cool, but I'm not sure, It's whatever Morrison wants lol, if I had a choice in names I would want something with out a Bat-title.

@entropy_aegis
: Hmm.. interesting, Perhaps Selina will be killed by Talia, due to Helena is actually a child of Bruce to to a Batman Beyondesque DNA experiment with Sam Bradley jr., so Talia offs her due to jealousy and Jason and Damian put aside there differences and kill her, since they are not so afraid to get their hands dirty. You think Darkseid is part of this?
#28 Posted by entropy_aegis (15329 posts) - - Show Bio
@jukeboxheroabc said:
@Green Skin: That does sound cool, but I'm not sure, It's whatever Morrison wants lol, if I had a choice in names I would want something with out a Bat-title.

@entropy_aegis
: Hmm.. interesting, Perhaps Selina will be killed by Talia, due to Helena is actually a child of Bruce to to a Batman Beyondesque DNA experiment with Sam Bradley jr., so Talia offs her due to jealousy and Jason and Damian put aside there differences and kill her, since they are not so afraid to get their hands dirty. You think Darkseid is part of this?

I don't think they'll go Beyond on Selina,simple retcon is much more simple.With TDKR on the horizon,i simply cannot believe anything will happen to Selina.I don't see why Jason would wanna kill Talia though,it'll be more appropriate for Damian to do it.As for Darkseid,i hope he returns in time for Multiversity,it'll be a slap in the face to Bruce's sacrifice in FC.
#29 Posted by daredevil21134 (11860 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:
@jukeboxheroabc said:

@entropy_aegis
I don't think they'll go Beyond on Selina,simple retcon is much more simple.With TDKR on the horizon,i simply cannot believe anything will happen to Selina.I don't see why Jason would wanna kill Talia though,it'll be more appropriate for Damian to do it.As for Darkseid,i hope he returns in time for Multiversity,it'll be a slap in the face to Bruce's sacrifice in FC.
Jason wouldn't kill her
#30 Posted by jukeboxheroabc (148 posts) - - Show Bio
@daredevil21134 said:
@entropy_aegis said:
@jukeboxheroabc said:

@entropy_aegis
Jason wouldn't kill her
Yeah, I'll concede to that. I don't think he would kill her but I don't think he would protect her as well. She helped restore him but at the same time she has killed,
#31 Posted by entropy_aegis (15329 posts) - - Show Bio
@jukeboxheroabc said:
@daredevil21134 said:
@entropy_aegis said:
@jukeboxheroabc said:

@entropy_aegis
Jason wouldn't kill her
Yeah, I'll concede to that. I don't think he would kill her but I don't think he would protect her as well. She helped restore him but at the same time she has killed,

I don't think Jason will be a part of Morrison's larger plans though.
#32 Posted by daredevil21134 (11860 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis: I agree
#33 Posted by jukeboxheroabc (148 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis:  @daredevil21134:  (to both of you) 

I can see the side of things you are coming from and I kinda agree as well, But then again who knows with Morrison and the way he interconnects things throughout all his work. We could be guessing about something that he has discreetly mentioned in a comic that everyone overlooked. Hopefully Morrison will just give a good story  and that things keep going forward.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.