Follow

Batman Inc.

Team » Batman Inc. appears in 81 issues.

Batman Inc. is the result of Bruce Wayne using the concept and idea of Batman to counter-act the idea of crime. His goal is to make Batman a global franchise and stop crime around the world.

So What's Happening with Batman Incorporated After Issue 12?

• 65 results
    Avatar image for johnkmccubbin91
    johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 672

User Lists: 103

Edited By johnkmccubbin91

Grant Morrison's second series of Batman, Incorporated is about to come to a close after issue 12, cultivating in the end of his long run on Batman, but is the series going to continue, and if so who will write it? Also will Chris Burnham stay as artist if the series continues?

This series has been much better than the previous Batman Incorporated series, and I have loved how it has used Robin (Damian Wayne), much more in it, especially considering that Talia al Ghul is the main villain in the series. The death of Damian also came as a bit of a shock, and although it was spoiled in the media before hand I was still slightly shocked that Morrison would kill a character that has been the basis for some of the best Batman stories (my opinion), and although he's stated that the character was created to be killed at a later date, I'm still upset about it. With the burial of Damian in Batman, Incorporated #9 there is still 3 issues left in Morrison's story, and I come back to the question will this series continue, and who will be the creative team if so?

No Caption Provided

I have to say I think it'd be better if the series ends with the end of Morrison's run, as he created this series prior to the New 52, and the main reason it was added to the Second Wave of the New 52 was because Morrison wanted to end his run on Batman properly, especially after cutting the previous run short. I do however think that DC won't do this as they are a money making company, and they will see the cancellation of the series as a loss of money, so in that case if it does continue who should write it, and what type of story should it be?

I think that if the series is to continue after the end of Morrison's run that it needs a person that is well seasoned in writing Batman. Someone like Judd Winick or Tony Daniel. Now I know that these options may not be to everyone's liking, but they have done good stories based on Batman in the past, with Under the Hood from Winick, and Battle for the Cowl for Daniels, and with none of them working on series following Morrison's finale they could easily take over. Also Daniels stated in a tweet following Andy Diggle leaving Action Comics that he'll only be writing that up till issue 21, and then he has something that's been pre-planned, is this the writing duties on Batman Inc.?

No Caption Provided

What direction should the series take if the series is to continue? I think that if it's to continue that it should become a fully team book, and focus less on Batman. I think that it should have characters the likes of Batwing, Chief Man-of-Bats, Squire (who's taken over as Knight following Cyril's death), and the other international members of Batman Inc. I think it should be something like this for a couple of reasons, one that there is too many Batman title that feature Batman, and Batman as a character is stretched over too many series, the other reason it that if the series is to continue it should be nothing like Morrison's run, besides the core concept of Batman Inc. as a world team, as if the series isn't going to end with Morrison, the style of story that he's written should.

Also as mentioned in an article on www.bleedingcool.com, Volume 2 of Batman Incorporated collects issues 7-13, and only credits Morrison, Burnham, and Jason Masters, so is Morrison's story going to last one extra issue like it did with Action Comics, is there a one-shot issue that follows by a new creative team, or is it a miss print to get us thinking? Either way it's something to think of, and I'm sure we'll find out the fate of Batman Inc. soon.

Thanks for taking the time to read this feature and please feel free to leave a comment expressing your thought on this topic, and what you think should happen with the Batman Incorporated series.

Update

No Caption Provided

It has been revealed with the July Solicits on IGN (click link for full July solicits) that Grant Morrison and Chris Burnham will be expanding for one more issue, which has been marked as the final issue of the series, so it looks like the series will end after issue 13, which is good, as I although the series was brilliant, I felt that it was Morrison's project, and that it should have ended with him (like I said in the main part of this article), so it's nice that the series will end with Morrison as writer, as it's the way it should be. See the solicit for issue 13 bellow:

• Written by GRANT MORRISON
    • Art and cover by CHRIS BURNHAM
    • 1:25 Variant cover by GRANT MORRISON
    • 1:100 B&W Variant cover by CHRIS BURNHAM
    • On sale JULY 24 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
    • FINAL ISSUE • Combo pack edition: $3.99 US
    • Batman saves the world and loses everything.
    • This issue is also offered as a combo pack edition with a redemption code for a digital download of this issue.
    broo1232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 180

User Lists: 45

Nice blog. I expect that Morrison may well stay on for an extra issue unless DC is trying to trick us but I think if Morrison is going to be on 13 that will be the final issue or a new writer will join after that.

johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@broo1232: That's very possible, and I think that either that is the case, or that it was a miss print.

broo1232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnkmccubbin91: I'm interested to see what happens anyway as it's one of my favourite ongoings. I still believe that Damian is going to come back out of a lazarus pit because of what was mentioned in issue 9 either that or Heretic is going to be the new Robin (I doubt it since he's an adult)

johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By johnkmccubbin91

@broo1232: The Heretic comment is a similar theory to what @batwatch thinks will happen, but I personally think that Damian will stay dead and that the Batman of the future will be another clone that's called Damian, but not Heretic, but we'll see. I also will probably drop the series following Morrison's leave, assuming that it's not cancelled (which I doubt), but if it's an interesting creative team I may give it a shot.

broo1232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnkmccubbin91: That's an interesting theory and I can see it happening but we'll see what happens. I also wonder what the creative team will be as they will have some fairly big shoes to fill.

johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By johnkmccubbin91

@broo1232: Yes they will. Unless Morrison is doing issue 13 then it should be revealed one way or another in the next week when the July solicits are up.

broo1232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnkmccubbin91: We'll see but I still think Morrison will try to stretch it a little longer as by the sound of it the last part a lot happens.

johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@broo1232: Morrison always lands up writing more than he expected, and always wants to give as much as he wants, as he did with Action Comics, so I wouldn't be surprised. Plus if he wanted another issue DC would give it too him without question.

broo1232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnkmccubbin91: DC would definetly want to keep him for longer as if they allowed this that would keep them on good terms with Morrison and that would make him come back.

johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@broo1232: He'll come back eventually. He's still got the 8 part Multiverse series that he's doing for DC, and he's also writing the Wonder Woman Earth One book, so he'll be around for the better part of 2013.

broo1232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnkmccubbin91: I'm not surd Multiverse is 8 parts thought it was 5 maybe I'm wrong. It's not confirmed it's Wonder Woman Earth one he's writing but it is more than likely.

johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@broo1232: Multiverse has been announced as a 8 issue run, see here. It's not been officially confirmed that Morrison is doing Wonder Woman Earth One, but it has been confirmed that he's working on a Wonder Woman project, and that Wonder Woman Earth One was planned before that, so I'd be very very surprised if it wasn't.

johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By johnkmccubbin91

@theacidskull: No problem, forgot when I messaged that you're not that big a Bat fan.

broo1232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnkmccubbin91: Thanks must just be confused. Wonder Woman Earth one by Morrison is more than likely as I don't see what other project it could be. Also rumoured that Yanick Paquette will be drawing it.

johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@broo1232: Easy done (I'm a big Morrison fan so I follow what he does). Yeah, plus also it was stated by Greg Rucka that he was originally meant to work on Wonder Woman Earth One with J.H. Williams III, but that it was given to someone else, and with Morrison working on a Wonder Woman project in the style of Earth One or All-Star, it's bound to be Wonder Woman Earth One. It has been confirmed that Yanik Paquette will be drawing the Wonder Woman story that Morrison is working on (even if by some chance it isn't Earth One).

broo1232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By broo1232

@johnkmccubbin91: I read about the Greg Rucka story but I prefer Morrison so I think he'll do a better job with it (although I'm not sure). Yanick Paquette is off Swamp Thing and he has not shown up on anything doing covers or interiors or even variant covers also when the rumour about WW Earth one surfaced he was rumoured to be doing it.

johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@broo1232: I think it will be better with Morrison, although I still don't think it was right DC mucking Rucka about as apparently he only agreed to do certain things for them due to being promised that project. He's worked with Morrison a few times in the past, so I think it will be good him doing the artwork, assuming it's not just a rumour, although I'm sure it was announced that he was.

broo1232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By broo1232

@johnkmccubbin91: I'd heard about that as well but DC seem to be making a lot of mistakes as of late. Yanick Paquette would be good on it no matter what.

johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By johnkmccubbin91

@broo1232: Yeah, both DC and Marvel are funny that way (and DC have had a couple of writers quit lately). Yes he would.

broo1232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@broo1232: Yeah, at the moment DC is more like that, but Marvel have been like that in the past.

broo1232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnkmccubbin91: They have in the past but DC have lost a Superman writer on his 75th anniversary and a Lantern writer (and I was excited for Fialkov's run)

johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By johnkmccubbin91

@broo1232: Yeah that is a silly thing, but that's editors for you. Never been a huge fan on Fialkov's work, and would be dropping Green Lantern Corps and Red Lanterns by then anyway, but with Johns leaving the main title it's not the best time to be mucking about with writers.

broo1232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnkmccubbin91: I've not read much of Fialkov's work either (okay none) but the premise sounded very interesting and I was going to get it in trade. what have you read of Fialkov's?

johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@broo1232: It did, but I've been wanting to drop it anyway. I found it more interesting that Guy's becoming a Red Lantern, and that may have been good. I've read some of Fialkov's Doctor Who issues which were okay, but not brilliant, and his He-Man origin issues which were very good. I also plan on getting the first two volumes of his I, Vampire series, and I'd been considering getting Alpha Big Time.

broo1232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnkmccubbin91: The concept of Guy becoming a Red Lantern is interesting and an intriguing idea as he has got the power to be a red lantern anyway. I'm definitely going to get I,Vampire at some point as it looks really good.

johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@broo1232: Yeah, I found Bennett a real interesting character for the short time he was in JLD.

broo1232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By broo1232

@johnkmccubbin91: He was interesting so I want to get it also Andrea Sorrentino draws it so it's going to look good.

johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@broo1232: Yeah he's been good on Green Arrow so should be on I, Vampire

broo1232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

@broo1232: The Heretic comment is a similar theory to what @batwatch thinks will happen, but I personally think that Damian will stay dead and that the Batman of the future will be another clone that's called Damian, but not Heretic, but we'll see. I also will probably drop the series following Morrison's leave, assuming that it's not cancelled (which I doubt), but if it's an interesting creative team I may give it a shot.

Morrison has stated that Damian is meant to stay dead as far as he is concerned, but that could always be a feint, and it is nearly certain that someone will revive him. I personally think he The Heretic might be revealed as Damian from the future, but someone mentioned the possibility that the future issue of Batman, Incorporated might have been Batman's vision of how things would go wrong on the current course. I'd have to reread and consider that.

It has been ninety-five% confirmed that Batman, Incorporated will continue after Morrison. You can check that out Here.

@broo1232 said:

@johnkmccubbin91: The concept of Guy becoming a Red Lantern is interesting and an intriguing idea as he has got the power to be a red lantern anyway. I'm definitely going to get I,Vampire at some point as it looks really good.

Guy seems more appropriate for a Red Lantern anyway. Is that a theory of what's in the works?

For more news, reviews, and commentary for the entire Bat Family, check out BatWatch.net.

johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By johnkmccubbin91

@batwatch: Yeah I believe that the series will continue, and I had the link of that article in my blog.

The future could easily have been what might have happened, but that's the easy thing with future stories cause the time isn't now means they don't need to happen. I do however see it as a clone if he ever comes back, plus that would technically mean that Damian is still dead, even if the clone's also called Damian.

KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#34  Edited By KRYPTON

I agree, Morrison did do a good job on his Bat Inc run. I think if someone should take over as writer of the series it should be Scott Snyder. Snyder has, and is, doing a great job on the BATMAN title with artist Greg Capullo. While it may be much as Snyder is also writing Superman and Swamp Thing, I think he would create some interesting stories with Batman Inc. Also Greg Capullo as artist for Batman inc was just be an awesome treat. Snyder could add to what Grant Morrison already has done. With Damian Wayne dead, Snyder could expand on that and show Batman's slow retreat to a more solitude state or more violent and crazy. Sort of what happened after Jason Todd died.

This would add to Batman's character and make him an overall more interesting character for the New 52.

johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krypton_: Yeah but he's already working on the main series, and he's got many projects that take up his time the now. Also he's no longer writing Swamp Thing, but he is doing another series for Vertigo called Wake. I do however think that he'd do a good job, but that each Batman related series should have a different writer, although interesting thought.

I do however agree that we need to see a different side to Batman following this as it's not something small, it's the death of his son, which would drive most people crazy, even if they're Batman (actually probably more so cause of that).

KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnkmccubbin91: Yeah I haven't been following Swamp Thing that closely, so that was news to me. I do partially agree that each Bat series should have a different writer.

johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krypton_: Yeah I started getting it during Rotworld, but I heard a few months ago that he was leaving due to working on Superman Unchained and Wake as well as Batman as he only wants to do three series' at a time to give the best he can. I wouldn't mind say someone working on both Batman and Nightwing, as Batman doesn't crop up too much, but if someone worked on two series that highly involved Batman it'd be hard to not compare them, as they should have a different feel to them to feel unique and necessary, and having the same writer wouldn't help that.

KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnkmccubbin91: Yeah I guess you are right. Maybe getting someone that has never written for DC Comics or Batman should help, maybe get someone from a popular book. Brian K. Vaughan (writer of one of my ALL time favorite books Y: The Last Man), should write Batman Inc. His work on that 60 issue story was fantastic. He adds a lot of mystery and suspense while telling a breathtaking story.

johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krypton_: Never read that series but what I have read of his work has been good so I could see it being good with him. I also think that someone like Brubaker could do a good job as he's currently not working for Marvel (doing creator owned stuff).

KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnkmccubbin91: Ed was awesome on Captain America. So I would put him on my list of dream writers 4 Batman. You should really check out Y: The Last Man when you get the chance. Whatever you have to pay for the hardcover graphic novel is worth it.

johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By johnkmccubbin91

@krypton_: Yeah, he was, not quite been the same since he left (although Remender's doing a decent job). He also did a brilliant job of Batman back in 2000, and a great job on Catwoman following that so I'd like to see him return to a Bat title one day. I've always meant to check out Y: The Last Man, but it's been like V for Vendetta, and Sandman, just never gotten round to it.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

@batwatch: Yeah I believe that the series will continue, and I had the link of that article in my blog.

The future could easily have been what might have happened, but that's the easy thing with future stories cause the time isn't now means they don't need to happen. I do however see it as a clone if he ever comes back, plus that would technically mean that Damian is still dead, even if the clone's also called Damian.

I'm not sure. I do hope everything gets resolved fairly neatly in the end. I found Grant's Final Crisis to be a bit messy, so I hope it does not end like that.

@krypton_ said:

@johnkmccubbin91: Yeah I guess you are right. Maybe getting someone that has never written for DC Comics or Batman should help, maybe get someone from a popular book. Brian K. Vaughan (writer of one of my ALL time favorite books Y: The Last Man), should write Batman Inc. His work on that 60 issue story was fantastic. He adds a lot of mystery and suspense while telling a breathtaking story.

He did Runaways as well which is an amazing series up until Vaughan's last volume, and I think then he had realized his well was running dry, so he moved on.

johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batwatch: Yeah Final Crisis was a little messy. What I disliked more was that you had to read that to find out what happened to Batman following R.I.P. which although I didn't mind it too much, it's still a bit annoying as a story should end in it's own series (unless it's a crossover).

Think I read a couple of issues of his Runnaways series (never really been into the Runnaways) and I think I liked them. I've personally only really read his work on Ultimate X-Men, and the Logan mini series, both of which were good, but have also meant to read Saga.

KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batwatch: Yeah it is good to know that a writer can sense when they have spent all the could in a comic book and need to move on. O

johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Article has been updated to show new information.

Stumptoucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stumptoucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Stumptoucher

johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stumptoucher: Seriously are you meaning to leave a proper comment?

Stumptoucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnkmccubbin91: Sorry I was working on an outdated browser last night and it was having problems with the site. Has anyone seen the promo covers for issue 10. I think Bruce is the batman that sold his soul to the devil for Gothams protection and revenge. He pushed away Damain (His only genetic son) out of fear which lead to Damain being killed, So Bruce fuffils the prophecy and ends up killing Talia (The only Woman he's ever loved) in a moment where he can't control him self comepleteing the oroboro serpeant and I guess figuratively the whole Barbatos thing from the Batman and Robin arc. There is also rumours of the Joker coming back to grants arc

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.