Follow

Batman Inc.

Team » Batman Inc. appears in 85 issues.

Batman Inc. is the result of Bruce Wayne using the concept and idea of Batman to counter-act the idea of crime. His goal is to make Batman a global franchise and stop crime around the world.

Off My Mind: Why Batman Incorporated is a Good Idea

• 123 results
    obscurefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By obscurefan

Was that Red Robin in his old costume I see in there? Or is it another character in that outfit?

Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Or35ti

I love that first picture of all the different Batmen fighting in their respected regions.

DarthShap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By DarthShap

@johnny_spam said:

Leviathan Strikes is one of the best examples of why Batman Inc should exist a worldwide terrorist organization that brainwashes people in all levels of society is reason enough for Bruce to change things. Considering who Leviathan is then it's possible that it was made to hurt Bruce so it makes sense for him to feel responsible for stopping and since Leviathan has existed for some time in Batman comics then it might have been inevitable. Batman was not a loner and never has been one when you look at the large supporting cast the constant superhero guest spots and memberships in the JLA and Outsiders calling him just a loner is being very forgetful of the character's actual history and goes against what he has been since the forties. The whole urban legend thing it does not hold up after Year One when people know he exists. As for continuity why does it bother anyone? All of DC's continuity has always been hard to pin down and when writers are forced to follow it then it hurts the books like Robinson's Justice League.

Editorial mandate on who could be on the team and poor storylines hurt the book, not continuity. And Giffen and DeMattheis had to deal with forced roster and years of prior continuity (because Crisis did not destroy the JLA continuity) and their JL was by far one of the greatest.

As for Leviathan, it is nothing but a new name for the League of Assassins (and not even all of it considering that Ra's is still around). In the past, Batman dealt with it alone. And when he could not, he called the Outsiders or the JLA. He does not need an international company of Batmen. It makes sense that he would want it but he does not need it.

The writer wants it to be so he created it and that's just it.

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By johnny_spam

@DarthShap: To me when children were seen killing in Leviathan's name I think that is enough for Bruce to want to need Batman Inc so many different types of people including many with power are agents of Leviathan so I can see the conclusion that it has to be fought with making superheroes into agents of Batman. The last issue of Return of Bruce Wayne also showed him temporarily having a history of time and is when he first saw how potential damage to the world. I understand Batman Inc is made just because the writer wants it like all stories but a big reason is given in the story to explain why it is needed.

Most of the time editorial mandate is continuity many books can be hurt by it and it's become a far worse problem in recent years. I also think that it does not add to the story as much as people think Dark Knight Returns, Kingdom Come, All Star Superman are all told outside regular continuity and are able to provide a complete story without continuity which many writers end up messing up in mainstream books by accident.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@htb106 said:

I like the idea of batman inc., it shows that if batman was going to be put out of action there would be plenty of people ready to become batman.

And, in his case not having powers, it makes sense. It gives the world an equivalent to the Green Arrow Corps.

@DarthShap said:

What's next? The Wonder-Woman corporation like in that awful 2011 TV Pilot?

The Amazons can be considered Wonder Woman's backup and resource providers. If she goes down or on a hiatus, another Wonder Woman would be provided, and other Amazons have worn the gear.

batfan1939

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By batfan1939

I honestly don't see why Batman didn't do this in the first place! Especially since he uses rejected military tech in the first place! His own League of Shadows, of sorts. I personally think Batman should go into semi-retirement, only helping with the global threats (his sidekicks are more than capable of handling threats in Gotham, and having "The Batman" not appear would completely eliminate people like Riddler, Strange, Joker... heck, just those three are enough reason). Batman had his time in the sun, it's time to hand things off to the next generation while he still can. Maybe Batman can be the Oracle to Batman, Inc (at least the US division), and do the legwork for the new guys until they can do it themselves (to Batman-level standards)? This is by far the coolest and most logical thing they've done (not thrilled with Bruce being an OFFICIAL SPONSOR, but whatever). Cracked JUST DID an article comparing Iron man to Batman, and this could fix every one of the complaints! Imagine the plans, technology and combat techniques he could produce with the added free time. Maybe have him liason with the JSA? The possibilities are endless, and I can't wait to check the series out in TPB (don't buy individual issues)!

DarthShap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By DarthShap

@johnny_spam said:

@DarthShap: To me when children were seen killing in Leviathan's name I think that is enough for Bruce to want to need Batman Inc so many different types of people including many with power are agents of Leviathan so I can see the conclusion that it has to be fought with making superheroes into agents of Batman. The last issue of Return of Bruce Wayne also showed him temporarily having a history of time and is when he first saw how potential damage to the world. I understand Batman Inc is made just because the writer wants it like all stories but a big reason is given in the story to explain why it is needed.

I do not think so. We have seen him call the JLA for help in JL #9 for an Arkham break-out and in #8 for the Night of Owls.

And even if you think he does need extra help beyond the JLA (who stopped Darkseid and his army), why do they need to be Batmen? And why the need for a big company behind it all?

@johnny_spam said:

Most of the time editorial mandate is continuity many books can be hurt by it and it's become a far worse problem in recent years. I also think that it does not add to the story as much as people think Dark Knight Returns, Kingdom Come, All Star Superman are all told outside regular continuity and are able to provide a complete story without continuity which many writers end up messing up in mainstream books by accident.

I am not saying stories cannot be good outside of continuity. What I am saying is that a great writer, like Morrison or Snyder, will use continuity in his advantage. Batman Inc. is in itself a use of the Batmen of All Nations storyline (which you can find in The Black Casebook, a bunch of stories which inspired). All Star Superman and Kingdom Come are based upon years of continuity. Even TDK stole the Batman characterization from O'Neil's Batman (but gave the death of Bruce's parents, also continuity, a more central role in his rationale).

Everyone seems to agree that Batman, Animal Man and Swamp Thing are great reads. Well those universes have not been rebooted and actually use continuity a lot.

Avatar image for crimsonalchemist
    CrimsonAlchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By CrimsonAlchemist

Well there goes the myth.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By AlKusanagi

But then it becomes the whole "Why doesn't he ask Superman to clean up Gotham in a week?" question. Instead of one Batman in every country, why don't they just all blitz a single city at once, wipe out all the major criminals, and then move on to the next?

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By colonyofcells

Batman needs his own secret organization to fight global threats and other global groups. Maybe Batman should try to expand his Batman Inc to cover all the known universes and all the dimensions.

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By johnny_spam

@DarthShap: Already Leviathan is said to have five hundred members so a Batman army is needed to fight Leviathan in Batman The Return Bruce says you fight ideas with better ideas he is trying to inspire anyone not a Leviathan agent to have hope by showing them a big organization that will save them. Because it is a Batman story is why they are Batmen if the characters were to be absolutely practical the Justice League would be an entire army that fights crime with only the help of other characters then every issue of most DC comics characters always guest star other heroes. In the end that ends up being a problem that can apply to all superhero comics under a shared universe.

What I said about continuity applies to when people cannot enjoy a story because it does not fit into other current books. So far Batman Inc has it's own story based on history yes, but I think dismissing it on the fact that there may be a small continuity error with the new 52 somewhere does a disservice to the book. Batman Inc coming out before and after Flashpoint should not be a problem in grand scheme of the book. I know all about the examples you listed I feel the same way about them that I do with Batman Inc the stories may have been inspired by older ones that is okay I think they are good but if anyone tries to exactly list up the continuity at the moment with what came before in those books and what is happening in other books it will not make much sense at all so it is not worth trying to resolve.

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#62  Edited By RedOwl_1

I think it's a great idea

• But there is Superman: I know he could clean Gotham or whatever city he does want of crime but wait...he has A LIFE remember Smallville? the why Lois didn't wanted to marry Clark?, short of alike
    • But we have the Justice League (then three JL): Yeah but they can protect all the world along with having A LIFE?... (Clue the answer is no)

Now with having Batmen in each country seems useful, instead teams of big superheros jumping around the world, each guy has his place and the responsibility of keep it clean, instead having ____ around the world saving everybody and making himself responsible of the entire planet so it just makes life easier for every-hero, giving a city a hero of its own to, not just protect it for a while but almost permanently giving a little sense of control at world's crime :D

To conclude: Bruce, man YOU'RE A GENIUS

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
    Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

I love Batman. He was the very first superhero that I ever watched on the small screen that inspired me to look into comics. 

However, he isn't a team player. Not even in the Justice League he was a team player. So the idea that he forms a corporation of heroes to fight crime all over the world is anathema to me. 

For crying out loud, he rarely even bothers to bring along Batgirl and Robin to a fight unless he's outnumbered. So why now all of a sudden does he decide to make a company of superheroes?

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By colonyofcells

Maybe Batman should just clone himself and take over the whole planet ?

DarthShap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By DarthShap

@johnny_spam said:

@DarthShap: Already Leviathan is said to have five hundred members so a Batman army is needed to fight Leviathan in Batman The Return Bruce says you fight ideas with better ideas he is trying to inspire anyone not a Leviathan agent to have hope by showing them a big organization that will save them. Because it is a Batman story is why they are Batmen if the characters were to be absolutely practical the Justice League would be an entire army that fights crime with only the help of other characters then every issue of most DC comics characters always guest star other heroes. In the end that ends up being a problem that can apply to all superhero comics under a shared universe.

As I said, it's well done so that when you read it, it makes sense that he wants it and that he has a rationale for it. The guy is a control freak (Tower of Babel & Omac Project) with illusion of grandeur so there is no real problem here. But when you think about it, it just feels forced.

Morrison wanted Batman to be a big company, for some unknown reason, and when for it.

@johnny_spam said:

What I said about continuity applies to when people cannot enjoy a story because it does not fit into other current books. So far Batman Inc has it's own story based on history yes, but I think dismissing it on the fact that there may be a small continuity error with the new 52 somewhere does a disservice to the book. Batman Inc coming out before and after Flashpoint should not be a problem in grand scheme of the book. I know all about the examples you listed I feel the same way about them that I do with Batman Inc the stories may have been inspired by older ones that is okay I think they are good but if anyone tries to exactly list up the continuity at the moment with what came before in those books and what is happening in other books it will not make much sense at all so it is not worth trying to resolve.

I agree with you on that. Continuity has never been perfect and at least the Batman franchise got to keep most of its past (I do hate what was done to Oracle and to the entire Batman-Catwoman dynamic, especially after Hush and the Dini run).

The reboot is problematic but a few problems here and there will not spoil my enjoyment of the book, and I do enjoy it. I just do not think it is the right direction for Batman and I am pretty sure DC will undo it all or even ask Morrison to do it himself to end Inc.

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By johnny_spam

@DarthShap: Maybe it does not feel forced to me because in Grant Morrison's Batman he's been showing the idea of multiple Batmen for so long this had to be the next step.

EvanTheMexiJew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#67  Edited By EvanTheMexiJew

I think that Batman having his "corperation" makes a lot of sense. Bruce has a sense of how businesses and franchises work since he IS a world class business man, and Batman isn't thought of as a team player, except for Robin (5), Nightwing, Batgirl (3), Azreal, Huntress, Batwoman, Birds of Prey and, apparently, Red Hood. That makes roughly 15 people Batman has brought into his Bat-family. It makes sense that Batman would want to expand his name & influence to help the world. He would probably realize sooner or later that evil isn't just confined to Gotham. Batman inc. or as I like to call it, the JLB (Justice League of Batmen), is a way for Batman to see what's going on in the world, and even though he has the JL, it's not the same as having employees that report back to him.

Mumbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Mumbles

people be knowing lots about batman. wow!

Ijan092

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Ijan092

I see Batman more like a loner even if he has his sidekicks and is part of the Justice League he does thing by his way....

DarthShap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By DarthShap

@johnny_spam said:

@DarthShap: Maybe it does not feel forced to me because in Grant Morrison's Batman he's been showing the idea of multiple Batmen for so long this had to be the next step.

No but I have read his entire run and I did like his Batmen of All Nations reference in his Island of Mr Mayhew arc but it was not about Batman being an international company but about Batman having fans from all over the world and the whole point of this story was that the club did not work!

And to me, there really is no real continuity between Inc. and the rest of his run. His first part was about deconstructing and reconstructing the character, with the Black Hand and Hurt as the anti-Batman created by Darkseid as his final revenge. Inc is at best an homage to the Silver Age and the Bronze Age Brave & the Bold stories but the villain is different and there is no real character development for Batman.

Inc is only linked to the subplots of the original run.

kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#71  Edited By kennybaese
    @DarthShap Why not? There are basically three different robins running around. If he built an army of Robins, would people have the same reaction? At a certain point, it's arguing semantics.
    IronAngelX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#72  Edited By IronAngelX

I am totally behind the move by Bruce Wayne to endorse Batman! I think it was a strategic move on his part. Everyone would have eventually figured out who Batman was, and I think this move countered that. EVERYONE'S BATMAN!!

DarthShap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By DarthShap

@kennyshat said:

@DarthShap Why not? There are basically three different robins running around. If he built an army of Robins, would people have the same reaction? At a certain point, it's arguing semantics.

Four Robins actually (considering that Steph is missing) but it is not the same. They were not Robin at the same time. And they are not one giant international company. They are five kids raised at some point in their lives by this one guy. They are not his employees or his army. They are his children, representing the childhood that he never got to have because he lost himself after the death of his parents.

It is not semantics at all.

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By johnny_spam

@DarthShap:

I do see The three replacement Batmen, The Club of Heroes, Dick as Batman, Hurt wanting to be like Batman, Jason Todd fighting crime and saying he is a better brand, the Bat People in ROBW all part of the same story. Even Leviathan's existence is alluded to in issues in Batman and Son. The Island of Mr. Mayhew arc also says that although some of them failed others did stay heroes and are needed in certain places like Man of Bats and Raven Red they also all showed up in RIP to help them and Dick as Batman I think show that the idea can work. Of course the beginning of this past issue does show Bruce does fail at something but that will be explained later but I do not think that writes off the entire thing.

I view it as at the beginning Bruce has evolved so much that the normal Batman rouges are no longer a threat like they once were and only Joker can keep up now he is on a level where he has to fight crime at a global level. On this level it is a natural story evolution.

Fantasgasmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Fantasgasmic
    DarthShap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By DarthShap

@johnny_spam said:

@DarthShap:

I do see The three replacement Batmen, The Club of Heroes, Dick as Batman, Hurt wanting to be like Batman, Jason Todd fighting crime and saying he is a better brand, the Bat People in ROBW all part of the same story. Even Leviathan's existence is alluded to in issues in Batman and Son. The Island of Mr. Mayhew arc also says that although some of them failed others did stay heroes and are needed in certain places like Man of Bats and Raven Red they also all showed up in RIP to help them and Dick as Batman I think show that the idea can work. Of course the beginning of this past issue does show Bruce does fail at something but that will be explained later but I do not think that writes off the entire thing.

I view it as at the beginning Bruce has evolved so much that the normal Batman rouges are no longer a threat like they once were and only Joker can keep up now he is on a level where he has to fight crime at a global level. On this level it is a natural story evolution.

In the first part of his run, and you forgot 666, 700 and Mid-Nite, Morrison did show other people wearing the cowl but I am not sure there was a message behind it except that Batman had become this symbol and everyone wants a piece of it. In Action Comics #9, Morrison invented a villain version of that idea for Superman, also a symbol in his own right.

I definitely see the evolution Morrison is going for but to me it is not character development, just a different setting, one big company and more characters and this "bigger is better" way of thinking is kind of dumb. What's next? The Batman Lantern Corps, to get rid of crime in the universe? Fortunately, the comics are very good but to me, a global Batman company is not the greatest use of the title.

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By johnny_spam

@DarthShap: In an older Grant Morrison interview the idea of constant comic events came up and how it affects the comics at DC he responded that then only way would be to make every story feel like an event. This is something that he has always done dating back to JLA. It's just the style of the writer who believes that the superheroes should live in a much larger world and in the end it just helps this Batman story stand apart.

Bergquist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#78  Edited By Bergquist

was that the old red robin suit? :D

abeyance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By abeyance

So what can Batman Inc do that the Justice League can't. It seems like Batman Inc consist of highly trained humans so far. I think this deeper than just fighting crime. He's trying to say you don't need superpowers to get the job done. If this was a Batman stand alone universe it would be an awesome idea, but it's not. I don't see how people like the Superman, Superboy, Wonder Woman, Wonder Girl, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern (take your pick), Blue Beetle, and ton of other powerhouse heroes aren't enough. Especially when most the villains and super villains aren't that impressive. This looks more like an opportunity to bring lesser known heroes into the light across the DCverse and hype Batman up even more than he should be. I guess what I'm saying is that Batman Inc is a waste of time and resources. Ultimately its a watered down Justice League.

ps...don't listen to me I haven't cared much for Batman since he survived his fateful encounter with Darkseid a guy that can go toe to toe with Superman without magic or kryptonite.

kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By kennybaese

@DarthShap It becomes semantics when you're talking about the actual effect of his training and arming those people. He's taking that concept and applying it to a larger group of people. The Robins were a direct response for his need to replace his lost childhood. Batman Inc. is the natural evolution of his need to surround himself with other people as a way to replace his lost family. Like I said, semantics. Batman Inc. is simply his recognition of the fact that he does need other people, rather than his self-delusion that he can be purely self relient.

Booster_Bronze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Booster_Bronze

Two Words: Joker Inc.

DarthShap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By DarthShap

@kennyshat said:

@DarthShap It becomes semantics when you're talking about the actual effect of his training and arming those people. He's taking that concept and applying it to a larger group of people. The Robins were a direct response for his need to replace his lost childhood. Batman Inc. is the natural evolution of his need to surround himself with other people as a way to replace his lost family. Like I said, semantics. Batman Inc. is simply his recognition of the fact that he does need other people, rather than his self-delusion that he can be purely self relient.

You are kidding, right? Are you actually saying that all the members of Inc. are his family? He does not know the half of them. He has met Nightrunner something like once or twice. The reason why it made sense for Robins to stand for his family was because he adopted them and lived with them. A big corporation getting financial help from Wayne Entreprise and its team composed of robots and people he has met a few times only (even the club of heroes) is his family? It is nothing alike.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#83  Edited By Decept-O

Why not? I still like the concept, even if Batman has been a "lone" vigilante, but that really hasn't been the case, as G-Man points out. The Outsiders, his involvement with the Justice League, the list goes on as already pointed out. So why not expand the notion of having multiple Batman characters? If so many super villains have begun to pop up why not do what you can to put a thorn in their sides to stop their efforts? I think its a cool idea on many levels.

tiger26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By tiger26

I really disagree with this I thjought batman inc is a bat idea to begin with but if this is cass shows up in the book regualy than im on board but sooner or later this will blow up in his face just like the plans to stop the justice leuage

TyphonNotMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By TyphonNotMe

I really want to like this series, but after reading the last season a few times I never felt there was much continuity between issues. The idea of a world wide Bat - Team does appleal a bit, but I liked it more when they dressed the same. ie The Batman of France, Batmand of Russia etc...

Sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Sammo21

Batman Inc seems to me to be the antithesis of what makes Batman him and cool. Also it seems to make people not knowing Bruce and Damian's superhero identities even more of a suspension of disbelief.

Frausto_PRIME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#87  Edited By Frausto_PRIME

hella sick ass picture

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I was once a critic of it but the more I look into how some enemies of Bruce's work worldwide, I cannot but see how B.I. is not only an innovative but even a necessary concept. I guess the only criticism I still have of the whole concept is how it is apparently part of the whole New 52 despite the DCU being revamped. Then again I have criticisms of that all around for all characters int he New 52, with so many inconsistencies between continuity in this reality and the pre-Flashpoint reality. Still, I do love Batman Incorporated.

hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By hunter5024

I hope Sara writes an article about why it's a bad idea =)

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

@Fantasgasmic I believe Bat-Cow is from the Tiny Titans...but I could be wrong

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#91  Edited By JonesDeini

I'm not really opposed to the idea so much as I am the execution. I have no doubt that Bruce would do something like this. Him having his own team is nothing new and has been grounds for some very good stories/characters to cultivate over the years. I mean the Outsiders are pretty cool (nice to see a few of them here). My biggest problem with Inc. is how it came about. The whole announcement that Bruce was funding Batman was something that did not need to happen in story at the end of his B&R run and it was totally out of character. And that's saying a lot considering how out of character Morrison wrote Bruce at many points during his run. Bruce equipping/training/allying with other crime fighters is nothing new and has been an aspect of the character since he ceased to be a "loner" with the introduction of Robin, but the way Morrison's gone about it just doesn't feel right. Especially the fascist overtones of it all.

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#92  Edited By Mucklefluga

BEST ARTICLE EVER!! NUFF SAID

DarthShap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By DarthShap

@JonesDeini said:

I'm not really opposed to the idea so much as I am the execution. I have no doubt that Bruce would do something like this. Him having his own team is nothing new and has been grounds for some very good stories/characters to cultivate over the years. I mean the Outsiders are pretty cool (nice to see a few of them here). My biggest problem with Inc. is how it came about. The whole announcement that Bruce was funding Batman was something that did not need to happen in story at the end of his B&R run and it was totally out of character. And that's saying a lot considering how out of character Morrison wrote Bruce at many points during his run. Bruce equipping/training/allying with other crime fighters is nothing new and has been an aspect of the character since he ceased to be a "loner" with the introduction of Robin, but the way Morrison's gone about it just doesn't feel right. Especially the fascist overtones of it all.

I agree with you on the announcement, especially considering what it means for his billionaire playboy act and the dangers for his secret identity and Wayne Enterprise as a whole.

Other than that, what do you mean by "how out of character Morrison wrote Bruce at many points during his run"?

wildcardcomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By wildcardcomics

I just read my copy of Batman Inc. #1 and I was really happy. Not sure if "that one dude" is really dead from the last panel, but it is really great. If you like Morrison, Batman, or just a great comic, man...I haven't recommended a comic in a long time so yeah this is the one.

P.S. I miss good old fashion Cyclops the way Jim Lee drew him in my childhood. I'm old :(

SupahGiggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By SupahGiggles

I'm sorry but this idea is beyond stupid. You have to be as high (or delusional) as Morrison to believe otherwise.

eiderglast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By eiderglast

@LB70145: Without a doubt, I agree with your input. But sadly, it's a comic book of a vigilante trying to fight crime in Gotham. Not trying to eradicate crime once and for all. If the comic is about abolishing crime and making Gotham a better place to live on, Batman wouldn't be Batman... he'd be simply Bruce Wayne, philantropist, humanitarian, and he'd be all too busy making jobs for people, building soup kitchens, and wouldn't have to be physically the Batman to make Gotham the best real place in fictional America. But this would make a great Elseworld tale.

Avatar image for theblaquebasterd
    THEBlaqueBasterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By THEBlaqueBasterd

@FoxxFireArt: LMFAO..BlackWater?! r u serious?? As much as i have my doubts about the carelessness of this storyline.. I highly doubt Batmans gonna be overpaying a bunch of mercenaries/contract killers/military rejects to go round killing innocent ppl without any accountability.... -___-.

kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By kennybaese

@DarthShap: I don't think that is really a fair assertion. Most of these Batman Inc. characters have only been a part of Bruce's life for, what? Two years real time? How much time that amounts to in the comics, I'm not sure, either way, a very short amount of time. Also, I think that the implication is that Bruce has gone and inducted each member of Batman Inc. into the organization personally, in which case he would have met all of them.

I'm not saying that the members of Batman Inc. are Bruce's replacement for his family but that they could be. The idea that I've always had for Bruce's tendency to surround himself with allies and peers has been that he's trying to replace his lost family. This explains why he has so many people he, not necessarily relies on, but works with very closely. At the same time, he's controlling and distant so that he doesn't have to worry as much about losing them like he lost his parents. Batman Inc. seems, to me, to be an extension of that part of his character. Batman Inc. is the product of Bruce finally realizing his tendency to surround himself with those allies and embracing it rather than looking at it as a weakness.

Anyway, I feel like this could veer into one of those internet arguments that turns ugly fast, and I value this site and community to much to let that happen. This is simply my opinion. I like the concept. A lot of people don't, and I understand why, I simply disagree. I've enjoyed this discussion, and I want to make sure it doesn't become adversarial. I look forward to any further thoughts you have.

mdaugherty88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By mdaugherty88

@Rainy: This. I can't be the only one who thinks Batman works best (and has the best stories) when he's solo.

Rainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Rainy

@mdaugherty88 said:

@Rainy: This. I can't be the only one who thinks Batman works best (and has the best stories) when he's solo.

Yes Batman is a more interesting character if he's 100% solo sure getting help from allies once in a while is fine but bring back his badass lone wolf personality like in the cartoon, "The Batman" the episodes where he worked alone was so friggin awesome but once he got sidekicks it just got lame.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.