Follow

Batman Inc.

Team » Batman Inc. appears in 84 issues.

Batman Inc. is the result of Bruce Wayne using the concept and idea of Batman to counter-act the idea of crime. His goal is to make Batman a global franchise and stop crime around the world.

Off My Mind: Why Batman Incorporated is a Good Idea

• 123 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Batman is a vigilante. Vigilantes take the law into their own hands. It's one thing to do things your way in one city where the police commissioner might look the other way over the laws being broken. Since Bruce Wayne announced he was funding Batman and they were starting Batman Incorporated around the world, the declaration has been made that they are taking their vigilantism into other countries.

Critics against the idea of Batman Incorporated have stated that Batman doesn't have any grounds or a right to force his agents onto other countries. This is even something I addressed back in December 2010. Batman has been trying to fight crime in Gotham City for years and hasn't been able to make too much progress. If anything, things have gotten worse with the costumed villains he, for some reason, attracts.

No Caption Provided

Despite the criticisms, Batman Incorporated has become a necessity. There is actual value in Batman taking his fight against evil to a higher level. Batman Incorporated is an organization and idea that is needed in the DC Universe.

== TEASER ==

One of the common examples that Batman is overstepping his ground is from DETECTIVE COMICS ANNUAL #12. Bruce went to Paris, France and informed the authorities that he was expanding Batman Incorporated into their country. This was seen as an arrogant move that some rich American (and superhero) could march into a country and just tell them what they were doing.

No Caption Provided

The key with Batman having Nightrunner become his 'Batman of France' along with the other 'Batmen' he's sanctioned in other countries is he's not necessarily placing his own people there. Nightrunner was already active in Paris. The new Mr. Unknown was active in Tokyo. Batwing was living in the Democratic Republic of Congo. There may be some exceptions to this, such as Black Bat (Cassandra Cain) being the 'Batman' of Hong Kong (if that's where she's going to be used/end up in the "New 52").

No Caption Provided

Batman is simply seeking out existing heroes and making them part of his network. He is offering them training and resources to do the job they are already trying to do. By becoming part of Batman Inc, they are able to move on to a higher level of crimefighting. They can become a better crimefighter.

Batman has always had allies. He took it upon himself to train those that became his Robin. He's worked with Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown to make them better heroes. The Outsiders owe a lot to Batman and he has often played a crucial role in working with other heroes and leading the Justice League (pre-"New 52" at least).

Batman simply has mastered the art of being a superhero. He has high standards. He has managed to overcome incredible odds and is always prepared for whatever may come his way. The level of guidance he can offer will help make good heroes even better.

The argument that Batman should focus on the level of crime in Gotham before trying to fix the world's problem but Batman has seen the bigger picture. He nearly died (during R.I.P. which we can assume still happened to some extent in the "New 52"). If he should happen to actually meet his final fate, having an army of his own to take his place will help protect the rest of the world. It might be a little controlling, but it's Batman's way to ensure the next generation of superheroes can live up to his standards.

Crime has risen to a new level as well. If you go back and re-read all the BATMAN INCORPORATED issues, you see the level of threat Leviathan has posed. Leviathan's reach stretches out across the world. It's been one thing after the other and you really get a sense of just how grand a scheme is being concocted. This is another reason why Batman needs Batman Inc.

No Caption Provided

There is an army being assembled against Batman. During his time away, he accepted that there's nothing wrong with needing help. Batman can't be expected to do everything. With the coming war against him, there's likely to be casualties. Having a team of allies at his side will ensure those casualties are at a minimum. Issue #1 of the new BATMAN INCORPORATED series begins with a somber tone. Let's hope the team will be able to prevent things from getting really bad. The Bat-Universe is becoming a dark place and Batman has what it takes to ensure the world gets more heroes.

venomyak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By venomyak

I imagine some day there will be a "The Last Batman" story about the end of Batman Inc. set in the future.

TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By TheMess1428

I really hope they show some new Batmans this time around. And I want to see more international versions of Batman's classic villains.

TronHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#3  Edited By TronHammer

It certainly looks like a nifty idea.

It also gives a reasonable reason or excuse to have many variations of the Batman costume standing side by side in the same universe rather than having elseworld versions.

Rainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Rainy

Batman would be more bad ass if he never ever had allies.

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5  Edited By FoxxFireArt

I'm with Sara that this more feels like Batman being a terrorist to push vigilantes onto other countries. Gotham needs a Batman, but it's absolutely arrogant that he's going to other countries and forcing them to accept his private military. That's basically what he's created. A Batman equivalent to Black Water. Some of these heroes were already in those areas, but what about the ones he's actively sending out to places?

Batman is suppose to be the ultimate loner, but making a team of heroes under his command to fight crime. What? Was the Justice League too flamboyant for the job?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Saren

Inb4 jsphsmth's tired anti-Morrison tirades.

Avatar image for emperormeister734
    Emperormeister734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By Emperormeister734

Batman is needed in Gotham, but the world itself need Batman like figures, it was the greatest plan to have made plus we get batman ALL AROUND THE WORLD. Thought the True Batman will always forever be Bruce Wayne, my opinion he started a revolution to fight the worlds crime

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By batkevin74

Honestly if Batman, Nightwing, Red Robin, Robin, Batwing and all the other bat...well bat-losers got together in Gotham for one week for an intensive crime wipe out maybe they'd succeed. Call in the JLA as well and do it. But it won't happen :(

DarthShap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DarthShap

I think G-Man is missing the point if he thinks that the criticism was about whether or not it made sense in-universe for Batman to have his private army. Yes, it does but again, that is not the point.

I loooooove Grant Morrison but my main criticism is about his editorial choice (I know he is not an editor but being the lead writer of the Batfranchise for six years with carte blanche and absolutely no editorial intervention because he is Grant freakin' Morrison, it was his choice to go there with the character) to make Batman an international franchise.

It makes sense within the context of the story but it is not necessarily where the readers want Batman to go.

The comics are awesome (except that second life BS) but to me the whole concept is fundamentally flawed. In my opinion, that was the point of the criticism.

redmanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By redmanta

i see an outsiders series in the near future

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Eyz

I just love the concept! It brings a fresh new angle on the take of Batman - specially for such a long enduring character created waaaay back in the 30s.

DarthShap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DarthShap

@Eyz said:

I just love the concept! It brings a fresh new angle on the take of Batman - specially for such a long enduring character created waaaay back in the 30s.

It is not that fresh either. The Outsiders were basically Batman's own private army and the Batmen of all Nations were created in the mid-50's.

Now, I usually love when Grant Morrison reconciles a character with his past continuity but here, I just think it does not make a great use of the Batman concept. "Bigger is better" is kind of stupid.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
    deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

I really like this idea...

Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Gylan Thomas

@TheMess1428 said:

I really hope they show some new Batmans this time around. And I want to see more international versions of Batman's classic villains.

I'd kinda rather see new villains. International versions of classics would just seem kinda lazy and chances are we wouldn't get anything that would last.

Same for heroes. I'd rather see new concepts than, Spanish, German, French, Irish, British, Ruissan Batman.

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kagato

Does Batman inc still take place in the old dc universe or has it crossed over? I really dont need to add another Bat book to my pull list but if we are going to see cross over events then i guess i have no choice. For the record, i like the idea of Batman having a network of other Batmen and women but the Batman i grew up with would have done it all in secret. Just seems strangely out of character for him.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By Billy Batson

@kagato:

It's crossed over.
    BB

lb70145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lb70145

Why isn't Bruce using all the money poured into this idea to fix up Gotham? I mean if he can run an army of Bat people, I am pretty sure he can fix up the schools, hospitals, public housing, etc. The "regular" crime in the city can be fixed if he just improved the city. He could even put some money into Arkham so it could be better fit to hold its criminals. That could at least curb some of the super crime.

But then again, I guess this way is less exciting...

Fantasgasmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Fantasgasmic

@kagato: If you read the the issue, Morison tries to say it's in the New52 (Batman references Damien and Nobody... and there's this picture) but he references Mtamba which was where Batwing was from in the original DCU.

Look who's back!
    Look who's back!
    No Caption Provided

Oh, there's also this picture, which proves that Morrison is STILL Morrisoning it up.

DoctorTrips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By DoctorTrips

I still can't be sold on the idea. For one thing Batman works best as a demented loner stalking criminals like he has an intense felony fetish; sure he's had the Robins but they're really just avatars of the child Bruce Wayne never got to be, which is kind of creepily pathetic in it's own way. You'd think someone as crazy stupid smart as Batman would recognize A) You can't eliminate crime (no matter how hard one tries) and B) This just has ACME dynamite blow-up-in-your-face potential written all over it. Which I kind of hope it does; Batman needs to know his limits in the most blatantly painful and soul crushing way possible. That I'd like to see.

Which isn't out of hatred for the character, though I'll admit I don't like him at all, I'd just think it'd be interesting to see his great plan go up in flames. Because it isn't really 100 percent of a good idea, a nice way to sell comics which is good, but the finer points of it are 'Meh' inducing to say the least.

Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By Miss_Garrick

Batman Inc. is a cool concept.

feargalr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By feargalr

My problem with Batman Inc. isn't so much the breaking american, and international laws or whatever. Like the basic concept is sound, I just thought it was completely and utterly ridiculous that Bruce would just go announce to the public

Sarcastic tone *Hey guys Batm.. I mean Bruce Wayne here, I'm not Batman, but I have been funding Batman all these years.. also sure Batman has had the exact number of Robins as I have children, and sure they're all the perfect ages to fit in, and ya the kids always happen to be in the same place at the same time as one of the Robins showing up, and ya I'm the exact size and build of Batman, and ya I'm funding him for years, and ya Batman and me are always, completely by coincidence in the same place but never in the same room.. but I'm not him... also super villains if you wanna get some back on Batman just take it out on Wayne enterprises, that would totally cripple Batman financially, or maybe just start killing the employees, or ya know what lets just go after Bruce Wayne, that rich guy won't know what hit him. Actually wasn't Bruce raised by some old guy, ya lets go break his legs and then threaten to kill him unless Batman comes forward and takes off his mask*

Its just completely and utterly ridiculous and makes absolutely no sense what so ever to link yourself to Batman in such a clear and obvious way.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22  Edited By InnerVenom123

@CitizenBane said:

Inb4 jsphsmth's tired anti-Morrison tirades.

I saw those on the recent Batman Inc review.

Lulz were had.

Omega-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23  Edited By Omega-Man

My only pet peeve with the new Batman Inc is it does kind of come from where the last one left off. But it has a 52 twist to it but doesn't that mess up continuity? Damian says Batman died and Grayson was Batman for a time, yet Final crisis isn't cannon anymore so I want to know how Bruce died in the new 52. I know it's still cannon with Grayson being batman and all that but how can things be pick and choose with cannon? somethings are considered cannon to some characters but not with others. That causes confusion for readers and it confuses me even more.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By dernman

I've tried to get behind Batman Inc. but there is just can't with this being in continuity. For me this should be an elseworlds story.

jcohn6354

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jcohn6354

Sounds like a good idea. Hopefully it will work out.

pspin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 182

#26  Edited By pspin

@FoxxFireArt said:

Batman is suppose to be the ultimate loner, but making a team of heroes under his command to fight crime.

Well this is clearly a case of the ultimate loner setting up a team of loners so they can fight crime together alone, clearly.

On the other hand if Batman is the great hero everyone claims, he would definitely inspire others to take up the cape and cowl because any reports of him would not mention super powers so then other people would be like "If he can, so can I"

Avatar image for apatheticavenger
    ApatheticAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#27  Edited By ApatheticAvenger

Of course it's a good idea, it's Grant ☠☠☠☠ Morrison.

Lonestar9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Lonestar9

I love to see Batman work with others, I don't buy that he has to be the ultimate loner, or only work alone, etc. That's me of course, other people do like him to work alone. I gotta go back and finish reading the previous Batmna Inc stories, I have the trade now so I can eventually, but I will follow this one as well for sure.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#29  Edited By Outside_85

While the execution of the idea (being the book itself) is good, the idea is the complete opposite of what I usually think Batman is;

Unbribeable; not possible when he (as Bruce) steps up and says "Yes, I have Batman in my pocket." Which kinda destroys the image that Batman cannot be bought by anyone for any price, which is part of what makes the crooks so scared of him in a town as bent as Gotham.

Doesn't really exists; It doesn't matter so much that Bruce is Batman more that with Inc. Batman takes a final step out of the Urban Myth that still existed before this, if simply for Gordon to have an excuse to explain the Bat-signal as faulty equipment to new out-of-town brass.

So I hope Inc will end up as a great maxi-series, but ultimately in the demise of the concept.

(Btw, is that spread image from Pre-Flashpoint?)

sinful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By sinful

It's not a good idea..end of story.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
    SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#31  Edited By SupremeHyperion

Less bats the better

Mr_Wayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#32  Edited By Mr_Wayne69

@FoxxFireArt said:

I'm with Sara that this more feels like Batman being a terrorist to push vigilantes onto other countries. Gotham needs a Batman, but it's absolutely arrogant that he's going to other countries and forcing them to accept his private military. That's basically what he's created. A Batman equivalent to Black Water. Some of these heroes were already in those areas, but what about the ones he's actively sending out to places?

Batman is suppose to be the ultimate loner, but making a team of heroes under his command to fight crime. What? Was the Justice League too flamboyant for the job?

You obviously don't know Batman very well do you? He has worked with partners in more years than he's been a solo act, so to call him the 'ultimate loner' is incorrect. To answer your question, yes. The Justice League would be too flamboyant for certain cases. Batman, Inc. is meant to be in the same vein of IMF, MI6, CIA, etc. If the League was the answer to everything then what's the point of even having any Batman stories? And the fact that you even mentioned the Justice League proves he's not the 'ultimate loner'. So you shot down your own point.

How is going to a country to essentially ask permission to use an operative, one that's already a citizen of that country, an act of terrorism; or in your words 'feels like Batman being a terrorist'? I've never heard of any that don't kill.

If some of you don't like Batman, Inc. just say you don't like Batman, Inc. if that's what it really is. You don't have to come up with hilarious reasons for why you think it doesn't work (although it is entertaining).

Avatar image for vampireselektor
    VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By VampireSelektor

When did explaining one's opinion become passé? "..... end of story" lacks conviction or depth.

the_fallen11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By the_fallen11

Ya know I'm not really one to nay-say new ideas in comics but I will say that Batman Inc. is a terrible idea. It puts Batman in the spotlight, when he belongs in the shadows.

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By htb106

I like the idea of batman inc., it shows that if batman was going to be put out of action there would be plenty of people ready to become batman.

Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Paracelsus

Makes sense- in an era of globalization if the bad guys can work together to promote their aims- then why NOT the heroes as well? We already HAVE an International Criminal Court (whihc I hope the next President of the United States, be he Barack Obama or Mitt Romney will not only sign but ratify) to pursue those accused of genocide and war crimes.

Terry

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#37  Edited By gmanfromheck

@Outside_85: All the images are pre-New 52. LEVIATHAN STRIKES falls under that as well since it had Steph as Batgirl. I didn't wanna spoil anything from this week's #1.

kaijuhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By kaijuhero

I agree batman inc is good idea. I am big fan of the series. People talk about batman be the ultimate loner, but batman has learned he cant do it alone. Batman teams up the justice league and JLI all the time, but nobody complains about that? Gotham needs batman and bad. I don't see why batman in fighting crime in other countrys is bad? Batman fights aliens and stuff, and people complain about the idea of batman fighting crime in other parts of the world. People really dont know batman. Batman is the one superhero to that anyone can be (to a degree), its about a human with no superpowers fighting crime. That is great about batman inc, though crime can never be taken out completely, however crime and be kept down to a minmum. I am a big fan of the batman mythos. Even if batman never franchise people would still be inspired by batman, look at dc one million batman who was inspired million of years into the future. It make sense other people would do it even in other countries, people dress up as batman in real life! I am really glad about these new batmen. There should be more stories and team ups with them. A team up with Knight & Squire with the hood. Also a team up with batman of japan and nightrunner. Raven red could be with the teen titans now. These characters are great and deserve their own one-shot or mini series. Batwing is a good character, but DC needs to share the spot light with other batman inc characters. Grant Morrison is one of those hit and miss writes. If you like him, you like him, if you you dont, you dont. plain and simple. I do really enjoy his run on batman, which is phenomenal! At least he is not totally reinventing the wheel, like most riders. He not just making new characters left and right, but expanding on old characters. The character "the hood" which was introduce durning knight fall/quest is an interesting character. Most riders wouldn't dream of using old characters like that. Haters are going hate, no one is forcing you to read the book. People who thinks its silly and else world feeling don't know batman that well. It shows that there are many americans that are self-centered when it comes to things, batman can only be in America and nowhere else? Really?

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#39  Edited By Trodorne

@DoctorTrips said:

I still can't be sold on the idea. For one thing Batman works best as a demented loner stalking criminals like he has an intense felony fetish; sure he's had the Robins but they're really just avatars of the child Bruce Wayne never got to be, which is kind of creepily pathetic in it's own way. You'd think someone as crazy stupid smart as Batman would recognize A) You can't eliminate crime (no matter how hard one tries) and B) This just has ACME dynamite blow-up-in-your-face potential written all over it. Which I kind of hope it does; Batman needs to know his limits in the most blatantly painful and soul crushing way possible. That I'd like to see.

Which isn't out of hatred for the character, though I'll admit I don't like him at all, I'd just think it'd be interesting to see his great plan go up in flames. Because it isn't really 100 percent of a good idea, a nice way to sell comics which is good, but the finer points of it are 'Meh' inducing to say the least.

*thumbs up*

Wolverine0628

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#40  Edited By Wolverine0628

@feargalr
    I have to agree with you there.  That was kind of a stupid move.
    clemj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By clemj

an army vs an army of batmen... it'll be epic

DarthShap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By DarthShap

@kaijuhero said:

I agree batman inc is good idea. I am big fan of the series. People talk about batman be the ultimate loner, but batman has learned he cant do it alone. Batman teams up the justice league and JLI all the time, but nobody complains about that? Gotham needs batman and bad. I don't see why batman in fighting crime in other countrys is bad? Batman fights aliens and stuff, and people complain about the idea of batman fighting crime in other parts of the world. People really dont know batman. Batman is the one superhero to that anyone can be (to a degree), its about a human with no superpowers fighting crime. That is great about batman inc, though crime can never be taken out completely, however crime and be kept down to a minmum. I am a big fan of the batman mythos. Even if batman never franchise people would still be inspired by batman, look at dc one million batman who was inspired million of years into the future. It make sense other people would do it even in other countries, people dress up as batman in real life! I am really glad about these new batmen. There should be more stories and team ups with them. A team up with Knight & Squire with the hood. Also a team up with batman of japan and nightrunner. Raven red could be with the teen titans now. These characters are great and deserve their own one-shot or mini series. Batwing is a good character, but DC needs to share the spot light with other batman inc characters. Grant Morrison is one of those hit and miss writes. If you like him, you like him, if you you dont, you dont. plain and simple. I do really enjoy his run on batman, which is phenomenal! At least he is not totally reinventing the wheel, like most riders. He not just making new characters left and right, but expanding on old characters. The character "the hood" which was introduce durning knight fall/quest is an interesting character. Most riders wouldn't dream of using old characters like that. Haters are going hate, no one is forcing you to read the book. People who thinks its silly and else world feeling don't know batman that well. It shows that there are many americans that are self-centered when it comes to things, batman can only be in America and nowhere else? Really?

There is a big difference between having allies and franchising Batman. I do not think he is this "loner". He never was alone. But I do not see how it means that because of that, it is only logical that he would create an army of Batmen and an international company around them.

And I loved his entire run up until Inc. Ever since, it is still good but the concept is flawed.

I do not hate Morrison, I usually love him and I have read pretty much everything he has written. And I am not American. I am one of those "cheese-eating surrender monkeys" (David Hine is a very bad writer who knows nothing about France, cf Nightrunner, so cliché).

I just do not think it is a good idea because the Batman does not work as an international company.

Dedpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Dedpool

I want them to bring in NightDragon from the Batman: Hong Kong graphic novel!! He'd be perfect. have Cassandra be his partner as the Black Bat, and they'd be like the current Green Hornet and Kato. He's experienced but she's MORE experienced. They'd play off of each other well i think.

kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#44  Edited By kennybaese

I'm looking forward to seeing if Babs writes an opinion thing going the other way on this. I personally love the idea. The Batman has always fought a war on crime. He's referred to his partners as soldiers more times than I can count in stories. The fact that he's supposed to be this lone dark avenger when he surrounds himself with people (at current count, five Robins, three Batgirls, and the Outsiders) to help him in his personal war has turned into something of a joke that everyone is in on but Batman himself. Batman Inc. is just Bruce finally seeing the punchline and instead of turning away from it, embracing it.

I think that Bruce taking a little control over these different heroes in different countries (as well as telling those countries that he'll be installing Batman Inc.'s soldiers in their countries) is completely in character. Batman Inc. is hardly the first time that Bruce has crossed some lines in his attempt to control those around him, all with the intent to do the right thing.

I've also got some thoughts on Sara's mention of Bruce acting like a terrorist. Isn't that what the Batman always has been, a terrorist? His mission has always been to strike fear into the hearts of criminals. The difference between the Batman and the stereotypical "terrorist" that he's going after bad people, rather than, say, the general public. At the same time, though, there's a certain amount of fear the Batman puts into everyone: the fear that if they don't stay on the straight and narrow that he will come for them. The Batman is a terrorist. It's just that the people he terrorizes are those that we don't mind seeing scared.

Webjaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Webjaker

@FoxxFireArt said:

" What? Was the Justice League too flamboyant for the job?"

Thats a very good point - has many good points FOR Batman Inc. But this is a good one against. Are the (Current) THREE Justice League Teams not good enough??

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By kagato

Thanks Billy Batson and Fantasgasmic, looks like ill be picking it up afterall lol. Ill need to go find the trade of the first half too so i can read it from the start.

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By johnny_spam

Leviathan Strikes is one of the best examples of why Batman Inc should exist a worldwide terrorist organization that brainwashes people in all levels of society is reason enough for Bruce to change things. Considering who Leviathan is then it's possible that it was made to hurt Bruce so it makes sense for him to feel responsible for stopping and since Leviathan has existed for some time in Batman comics then it might have been inevitable. Batman was not a loner and never has been one when you look at the large supporting cast the constant superhero guest spots and memberships in the JLA and Outsiders calling him just a loner is being very forgetful of the character's actual history and goes against what he has been since the forties. The whole urban legend thing it does not hold up after Year One when people know he exists. As for continuity why does it bother anyone? All of DC's continuity has always been hard to pin down and when writers are forced to follow it then it hurts the books like Robinson's Justice League.

Overlander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#48  Edited By Overlander

Where are the Occupy Wayne Enterprises protesters?

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#49  Edited By KainScion

i have read batman inc. not good. horrible art and the story crap. it was good before but now just another attempt at getting batman in another book to sell.

DarthShap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By DarthShap

@kennyshat said:

I'm looking forward to seeing if Babs writes an opinion thing going the other way on this. I personally love the idea. The Batman has always fought a war on crime. He's referred to his partners as soldiers more times than I can count in stories. The fact that he's supposed to be this lone dark avenger when he surrounds himself with people (at current count, five Robins, three Batgirls, and the Outsiders) to help him in his personal war has turned into something of a joke that everyone is in on but Batman himself. Batman Inc. is just Bruce finally seeing the punchline and instead of turning away from it, embracing it.

I think that Bruce taking a little control over these different heroes in different countries (as well as telling those countries that he'll be installing Batman Inc.'s soldiers in their countries) is completely in character. Batman Inc. is hardly the first time that Bruce has crossed some lines in his attempt to control those around him, all with the intent to do the right thing.

I've also got some thoughts on Sara's mention of Bruce acting like a terrorist. Isn't that what the Batman always has been, a terrorist? His mission has always been to strike fear into the hearts of criminals. The difference between the Batman and the stereotypical "terrorist" that he's going after bad people, rather than, say, the general public. At the same time, though, there's a certain amount of fear the Batman puts into everyone: the fear that if they don't stay on the straight and narrow that he will come for them. The Batman is a terrorist. It's just that the people he terrorizes are those that we don't mind seeing scared.

Again, that is not the point. The question is "should there be more than one Batman?"

He always had allies but that does not mean he needs to be the head of a company filled with Batmen.

What's next? The Wonder-Woman corporation like in that awful 2011 TV Pilot?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.