Batman, Incorporated Will Return in 2012

• 80 results
Posted by G-Man (30606 posts) - - Show Bio

We've been hearing a lot of announcements from DC. Today's focus has been mainly on Batman and the related characters. There wasn't any clear indication what this new direction would mean for Batman, Inc. We know that Dick will return to being Nightwing so that lead to speculation that Batman, Inc was finished. But then we found out that Batwing, the Batman of Africa will have his own title.

It turns out that Batman, Incorporated will NOT be revamped in September along with the other titles but instead will return with a new #1 in early 2012, according to DC's The Source.

It should be interesting to see how this all plays out. Will there be any mention of Batman, Inc in the new #1 Batman titles? Will we still see the characters pop up in guest appearances as the story unfolds and the new direction is set up? We still have many questions that will be answered over the next few months up until September arrives.

As for what this means for the current Batman, Incorporated series and storyline:

== TEASER ==

Here's what Grant Morrison had to say:

Batman, Incorporated will continue through to Issue #10 and August’s shocking season finale that changes the Batman status quo yet again. The series will take a brief hiatus while I work on a major new project to be announced shortly. Batman, Incorporated returns next year with me, Chris Burnham and Batman: Leviathan, the epic 12 part conclusion to my 6 year Batman saga. Don’t miss it!
Staff
#1 Edited by ChrisTobin (14 posts) - - Show Bio

10 issues seems short for a Morrison story.

Also, still no news about Tim. Bummer.

#2 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

Kingdom Come Bat-Bots!

#3 Posted by Jake Fury (18113 posts) - - Show Bio

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#4 Posted by Schmidty816 (10 posts) - - Show Bio

This brings me joy on so many different levels.

#5 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32616 posts) - - Show Bio

yes, this was the news I was waiting to hear

#6 Posted by ImperiousRix (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

Soooo, Morrison gets to finish his Batman story, but it won't have anything to do with the rebooted continuity?  So essentially Batman INC. will be the last bastion of the old DC? 
I'm so thoroughly confused.

#7 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

Good. Btw who is the girl in the top pic, in the top left corner that is transparent?

#8 Posted by monopolyloser (74 posts) - - Show Bio

There could be truth to the rumor of Morrison doing Superman!

#9 Posted by laussica (80 posts) - - Show Bio

so grant will have 2 titles batwing and batman inc

i dropped batman inc after issue 2 maybe ill pick it up with my long list of other new titles

my poor comic shop so many new titles, its going to be a big bill for that month, also its all #1s meaning lots of variant covers ):

#10 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio

I knew it, I knew DC wouldn't go and just anger Grant by erasing all his movements.  That's basically giving him away to another company, i.e Marvel.

#11 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1161 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice.Glad the series is coming back.

#12 Posted by Sekele (276 posts) - - Show Bio

now I can rest 

#13 Posted by punisher1313 (46 posts) - - Show Bio

Sad.........

#14 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32616 posts) - - Show Bio
@ImperiousRix said:
Soooo, Morrison gets to finish his Batman story, but it won't have anything to do with the rebooted continuity?  So essentially Batman INC. will be the last bastion of the old DC? I'm so thoroughly confused.
I think at the end of the arc something happens that ends the team but the members are still out there ala Batwing #1
#15 Posted by Crimson Eagle (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to know what will happen to Tim Drake. 
Will he maintain the Red Robin mantle?

#16 Posted by Mumbles (846 posts) - - Show Bio

dc has flashed out morrison's run. only good thing was damien

#17 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2219 posts) - - Show Bio
@laussica: Grant's not writing Batwing, Judd Winick is.
#18 Posted by laussica (80 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crimson Eagle said:

I would like to know what will happen to Tim Drake. Will he maintain the Red Robin mantle?

batman and son arc was his greatest work in all his bat work, also his batman and robin run aswell

#19 Posted by laussica (80 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Mighty Monarch: oppps your write lol i just saw the word batwing and automatically thought it was grant hahaha thanks

#20 Posted by StarKiller809 (1237 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah!!!!! I was afraid there would only be 10 Batman related series! Thank god there is this.  

I love Batman, but there is going to be too much.
#21 Edited by Adnan (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm okay with this. And with Bat-Wing getting a book (probably a mini), I doubt that we won't be seeing any of the Batman Inc. during the hiatus.

#22 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2232 posts) - - Show Bio

So wait, maybe I missed it, but does this mean Batman Inc will be sort of out of continuity?  Having Dick Grayson being Batman along with Bruce Wayne and Batwing from Africa in this comic, while having him go back to being Nightwing and only one Batman in the other comics?

#23 Edited by punisher1313 (46 posts) - - Show Bio

Two-Face "Man I hate Batman!!!"
Riddler "Which one one?"
Poison Ivy "The one with the funny belt buckle?"
Two-Face "No the one with the goofy thing on his chest."
Penguin "Which goofy thing on his chest, yellow or black?" 
Crock "I thought they were all the same guy!!!!"
sigh..............

#24 Posted by ChrisTobin (14 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:
Good. Btw who is the girl in the top pic, in the top left corner that is transparent?
That's Oracle's avatar in some secret internet that she uses for hacking, I believe.
#25 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32616 posts) - - Show Bio
@punisher1313 said:
Two-Face "Man I hate Batman!!!" Riddler "Which one one?" Poison Ivy "The one with the funny belt buckle?" Two-Face "No the one with the goofy thing on his chest." Penguin "Which goofy thing on his chest, yellow or black?" sigh..............
get over it
#26 Posted by Craig Lovecraft (202 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it wrong that I'm not a Grant Morrison fan?

#27 Posted by Fantasgasmic (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

This just confuses me further!

#28 Edited by Adnan (1037 posts) - - Show Bio
@ArtisticNeedham: @Fantasgasmic
Yeah, this is gonna be confusing, even for Morrison. I'm guessing the Flashpoint changes are gonna simply interrupt/change up the story somehow, kinda like how we knew Bruce made it back to the current timeline during 'Return of Bruce Wayne' in -I think- B&R, even though Return of Bruce Wayne #6 hadn't come out yet.
#29 Posted by sj_esposito (457 posts) - - Show Bio

Man... This confuses things a lot. I don't understand why they'd let Morrison do a story independent of the new revamped continuity that they're working so hard to get over with the fans. It just doesn't make sense. 

#30 Posted by Jake Fury (18113 posts) - - Show Bio
@punisher1313 said:
Two-Face "Man I hate Batman!!!" Riddler "Which one one?" Poison Ivy "The one with the funny belt buckle?" Two-Face "No the one with the goofy thing on his chest." Penguin "Which goofy thing on his chest, yellow or black?"  Crock "I thought they were all the same guy!!!!"sigh..............

Indeed, it is difficult to tell the TWO Batmen apart.
#31 Posted by punisher1313 (46 posts) - - Show Bio
@Craig Lovecraft said:
Is it wrong that I'm not a Grant Morrison fan?
Not at all..............
#32 Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi! (27638 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, I like this a lot...first real good news that has come out of the revamp, imo...well, other than Flash getting his own on-going again..

#33 Posted by The Poet (8291 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, thank you! I was afraid this wouldn't continue! Herrah!

#34 Posted by darkcloakx (788 posts) - - Show Bio

isn't there already an african batman called the black panther from the marvel universe? i'm still learning about bp from the avengers earth mightiest heroes  and still waiting for the man without fear trade to come out.  

#35 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8865 posts) - - Show Bio

At least they are still having the story

#36 Posted by KingSolomon (161 posts) - - Show Bio

Dang, am i the only one that sort of feels jipped? Dick grayson IS a good batman, there are still so many great stories that they could do. Going back to NIghtwing feels like a de evolution of his character... Will damian still be hanging around... Hope they dont kill the kid off. I like reading that pair. Also am i the only one that thinks this mirrors whats happening over at marvel with Cpt America. I guess for major characters like these two there really can be only one...
#37 Posted by laussica (80 posts) - - Show Bio

@KingSolomon: nah damien will be batman and robin with bruce

im sad about dick going back to nightwing aswell it could be worse tho

he could have been robin again hahaha that would have been horrible

#38 Posted by antiterra (168 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, yes, YESSSS!!! Batman Inc. and more Grant Morrison Bat-goodness. Not sure what this all means in regards to continuity, because if the 2012 Batman Inc. is "season 2", then it can't tie into the relaunched DCU. Maybe Grant will be allowed to properly end his epic Batman run while the rest of the DCU moves on.

Now all that's left to quell my fears is news of Tim and Cass.

#39 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this validates G-Man's assessment that the DC revamp/relaunch thing will last for 13 issues or a little over a year.

Hard to say for certain just by guessing from this title alone but it looks like a good indicator to me.

#40 Posted by johnny_spam (2031 posts) - - Show Bio

I am so damn happy his story finishes at least. This whole run has been epic and now maybe he can turn his attention to other DC characters for it's hiatus. Also the year is very fitting with The Invisisbles which final issue took place in 2012.

#41 Edited by ArtisticNeedham (2232 posts) - - Show Bio

I too am OK with this.  Sounds confusing but still cool.  Glad they aren't just abandoning the whole Batman Incorporated concept.  Maybe letting the story run its coarse.  For those who like Batman Inc and don't want to see it gone, it works, and for those who want only one Batman it works.

#42 Posted by MrUnknown (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

This series isn't really coming back. It's not part of the 52 for September. But at least, it will get a proper ending. I don't think Inc. will affect the new launching titles.

#43 Posted by azza04 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm getting confused now :(

#44 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds like things are getting real convoluted, even for my taste..

#45 Posted by Omega-Man (761 posts) - - Show Bio

It's good they are finishing Batman Inc giving it a good send off and it will be the end of the timeline pre flashpoint. Though for some people this will be confusing as batgirl will be Steph in batman Inc while in the new series it's Barbara. 

I'm not complaining because batman Inc should not be dropped it was a good growth point for Batman, but it is confusing as when this restarts in 2012 will people remember the old continuity before Flashpoint? It reminds me of the Titans series, when the first issue said part 2 of a story arc and it was the first issue of the series. when I found out what part one was I was mad and cheated AGAIN!. Because it took four or five months to remember the continuation of it and what book it was in.

I still don't like Damian and Bruce as batman and robin, it will NOT be good. Both characters are brooding it's why Dick/Damian worked so well a brooding Robin with a light hearted Batman. Where with Bruce and Tim or Bruce and Dick. It would work a brooding Batman with a light hearted Robin. 

My main mad point is Barbara she should NOT be Batgirl, not only is she too old she's a woman not a girl (unless due to reboot they have deaged her to a teenager) but then it wouldn't make sense as to why Dick is older than her when they were both the same age. Also what happends to Joker's streak of causing pain to Batman? Even though Jason came back it was still cannon he was killed by Joker. Will the reboot of Batgirl address it just like they did with Jason? She was crippled and now she can walk due to years of rehabilatation. Even so if that was true I find Babs to be a Batwoman rather than a Batgirl.

Still no word on Red Robin though. which I am concered about. he's obviously NOT going to be Robin as damian has taken that. alot assum that Nightwing is Dick Grayson (which it should be) So what about Red Robin?

#46 Posted by shadow303030 (21 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's make this REAL simple.... Batman Inc. is just a new version of Batman Family.
#47 Posted by J1ml33 (518 posts) - - Show Bio

my only question is (why is DC comics puling a stunt like marvel did with his run on New X-Men ?) 
just when things was getting interesting and wildly different for the character and in the direction in which the line was going (at least as in terms of the evolution of the characters example New X-men then the company decides to just say F#%k It  Grant Morrison your ideals do not matter in our corporate big picture , well will in many ways undo all the interesting work you have done with our characters in favor of getting new readers .  My personal opinion is That his run on Batman up until this point has been Great and a real joy to read . in most ways it reminds me of that popular/un popular run on New X-Men , it was fun deconstructing characters we all grew up with and revigurating  them with new life within the already ongoing continuity (meaning the same regular numbering of issues ) and from my point of view  all his work is new reader friendly (plus with new added layers of  untapped potential from past material )it`s a wonder that he has yet to do something at image comics yet he would be great over there right now at least he would not be getting grief  with unpredictable/unnecessary   editorial mandates that in one way or another ruin his over all creative flow . to me this whole thing will blow over soon and DC will revert back to the way it was before they decided to do house cleaning and giving everybody 52 #1 (ironic that it was 52 that in one way or another change/moved forward the then current DC universe as co-orchastrated by Grant Morrison himself ) but atleast there is back issues and trades I can buy up on Amazon.com of the pre-Revamp DC featuring it as it was . I respect DC`s idea of trying to bring in new readers but if it means the end of yet another Grant Morrison penned vision (as the way marvel did New X-Men ) then at least Grant can at least give this one a Grand Finish and some decent closure for his variantion on the well known charater as more or less as he did on All Star Superman . 
I also Hope his run the new superman is given the  same respect from editorial pre-revamp as his batman run .it`s a shame his stories ,concepts and Ideals get sidelined by the Big Machine that is mainstream comics ( I hope that one day he can create something for himself @ image comics because I feel that he would be a perfect fit and at least he can do whatever he wants with out someone (namely editorial stopping him or sideline him and his unique vision ) besides at least comics are fun to read and in the end you feel that you did not waste your money on anything else .but at least he made the current batman comics pre revamp interesting and something a part from the gritty Frank Miller version from the 80s -90s . he in many ways brought back a more modern silver age batman in continuity (and it`s a shame we will not see the yellow oval symbol again after his run on Batman Inc is over , I wonder if Batman inc will ever exist in this new continuity re-vamp let alone ever be mention again outside of the series after it`s gone . anyways that is what I think and now back to your scheduled  programing ..

Batman Incorporated :the animated series ( in which I doubt they would ever truly make after this mess but time will tell : I hope your reading this Bruce Timm and Grant Morrison and Jim Lee )!!!!!
#48 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

CONCLUSION?!?!?!?!  What that tells me is the the revamp is not going to stay.  That DC is doing a hero's reborn.  I haven't read any of the other posts on here yet but I bet someone else is saying this too.  More questions now.  Will the end of the first year of the revamp be full company cross-over to bring back the mainstream DCU there is right now?  Will this bring in the seconcd universe that is the revamp to go along side by side like Marvels Ultimate line does right now?  To many hard core fans are pissed about the revamp already, this is just an adventure I bet, and it's gonna make the so much money it's not even funny.  Think about it.  52 new number ones, and in a year, another possible 52 number ones with DCU of right now. (exception being Action comics, and Detective so they can reach the milestones of #1000)
#49 Posted by coolbeans (253 posts) - - Show Bio

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE GIVE US SOME NEWS ON TIM!  Red Robin has been my favorite series this year.
#50 Posted by kennybaese (1091 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I'm glad Morrison's Batman run is going to be concluded. I'm also kind of wondering if Batman Inc is still going to be a part of the new DC universe, or only kind of or if they're just letting Morrison finish out his story... Guess we'll find out next year.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.