So how does Terry McGinnis fit into the mainstream universe?

webling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Edited By webling

From the perspective of the show it's obvious the choice is Bruce. Still with what Grant Morrison's been doing with Batman so far it would make more sense for Damian to raise him.  SPOILER WARNING: Click here to reveal hidden content.

There's also the issue that since Bruce is Terry's biological father if Damian were to be assuming Bruce's role in Morrison's version would he be Damian's son, or would Waller use a copy of Bruce's DNA she had lying around still.
     Also there is the issue of how Terry would deal with Damian, with Bruce he has a gruff pretty-cranky old man. With Damian he would have someone who would be giving him orders that might entail breaking a limb, or even killing. Who knows he might've mellowed out a little bit, but I find it doubtful. Bruce was someone Terry could look up to with respect, someone who could find a way to do things without killing, not so with Damian. My verdict is I think Terry would be a much more respectable Batman with Bruce's teachings, but a Batman Beyond trained by Damian would be very interesting. If there was ever a comic devoted to Damian's Batman I think Terry should eventually be his sidekick. I say sidekick, because in the 2-page clip "Eternal" Damian is shown talking to Connor in the future and both in their respected father's roles. In that conversation he says thing are going well with Terry. I guess that could be explained through Damian using the Lazarus Pits like he did in the alternate future in Justice League Generation Lost #14 where he lived well into his 100's. Was it 160? Anyway, I've spent a lot of time talking about Damian and Terry over Bruce, because they seem to have a more open future. No matter what, DC is going to keep Bruce doing what he does in Gotham to some degree, or they might actually make the call for him to retire at some point. If they do, then Damian's Batman story could begin same as Terry's Damian upbringing bringing in some very good reading. For the future I hope those two stories get some coverage, because Bruce's Terry story is being told right now. Enjoying it as I might, I can't help thinking what those stories would be like especially with Morrison at the head. But enough mental exercise for now I need sleep.
    webling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By webling

Oh well okay, they confirmed in Batman Beyond #3 in the letter page that it is for sure Earth-12. So it looks like if Morrison stays with Batman long enough we could get a Damian/Terry storyline in canon.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.