inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

No Caption Provided
    The identity of the masked killer is finally revealed! Is it Thomas "Hush" Elliot? And how will Terry stop this crazed killer without the help of Bruce Wayne?

The Good

This has been said before by myself and fellow reviewer Zack Freeman, this book reads so much like the television show, with a little bit more of an adult twist. There are two huge reveals in this issue. We learn why Dick Grayson stopped being Nightwing and stopped talking to Bruce, and we learn the true identity of "Hush." Both of these reveals are pretty shocking and really help the reader understand what happened to the characters of Gotham city and let us know that Bruce Wayne is a bit of a jerk. The art and writing are extremely solid and you feel like you're right back into the television series, with a little bit of a darker side to it, since WB wasn't too keen on characters getting stabbed in the chest.

The Bad

I feel like there's shades of plots from the series being re-hatched here. There is a bit of a twist on them, but there's no denying you've seen this stuff before. Secondly, I just don't care for the new Catwoman. If she died in the next issue, I'd high five the writer. Hopefully, in the last two issues, I get a reason not to hate her.

The Verdict 4.5/5

Why is this only six issues? I think this would be a superb on-going series, especially with Hush as a main villain. I had my doubts originally about whether this television series would transfer over to comics a decade later, but all my doubts have been blasted out of the water. This is a must read for fans of the television series, a must read for Batman fans, and a high recommendation to everyone else. 
    Dark Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Dark Walker

I can't wait to get this, I miss the tv show.  :(  Can't wait to find out who Hush is. 

Toastalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Toastalchemist

I am a big fan of Batman Beyond and I disagree with you. I think it is stupid for Terry to be fighting Hush. Hush never appeared in the DCAU. Terry has already been down this road. He already fought one of Bruce's old villains in Return of the Joker. This story line seems to be meandering around with nothing to do, only bringing Hush in because he is popular. I would rather see Terry fighting one of his own villains, like Shriek or Blight. Blight would be perfect, he was an underutilized villain in the show, and he killed Terry's parents. He is Terry's Joker. Yet they chose Hush. Also, I understand that the art cannot and should not directly copy Bruce Timm's style, but at times it seems like they are not even trying. The last straw for me was when they gave Terry's mom black hair and big breasts. The series has potential, though. Perhaps it will get better (at least for me) with a different writer or storyline. 

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @Toastalchemist said:
    " I am a big fan of Batman Beyond and I disagree with you. I think it is stupid for Terry to be fighting Hush. Hush never appeared in the DCAU. Terry has already been down this road. He already fought one of Bruce's old villains in Return of the Joker. This story line seems to be meandering around with nothing to do, only bringing Hush in because he is popular. I would rather see Terry fighting one of his own villains, like Shriek or Blight. Blight would be perfect, he was an underutilized villain in the show, and he killed Terry's parents. He is Terry's Joker. Yet they chose Hush. Also, I understand that the art cannot and should not directly copy Bruce Timm's style, but at times it seems like they are not even trying. The last straw for me was when they gave Terry's mom black hair and big breasts. The series has potential, though. Perhaps it will get better (at least for me) with a different writer or storyline.  "
    Terry has his own villain in this series, it's Hush. I was pissed when they brought Hush into this series, but this issue upped-the-ante. I'd love to tell you what actually happened, but I don't want to ruin anything for anyone else.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Magian

Most likely I will buy this when the trade is out. I really liked Batman Beyond.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Magian

I have one question about this comic. Does Max appear here?

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @ComicMan24 said:
    " I have one question about this comic. Does Max appear here? "
    I think he was in the first issue, can't remember though
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Magian
    @inferiorego said:
    " @ComicMan24 said:
    I think he was in the first issue, can't remember though "
    He? I meant Maxine the girl with the purple hair. My mistake. I should have written it better.
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @ComicMan24 said:
    " @inferiorego said:
    " @ComicMan24 said:
    He? I meant Maxine the girl with the purple hair. My mistake. I should have written it better. "
    She's in this current issue
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Magian
    @inferiorego said:
    " @ComicMan24 said:
    " @inferiorego said:
    " @ComicMan24 said:
    He? I meant Maxine the girl with the purple hair. My mistake. I should have written it better. "
    She's in this current issue "
    Thanks.
    OliverGuido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By OliverGuido

Just bought the first three, going to run for this one. It's exceeded my expectations just as the original television show did. Awesome!

xSIZEMATTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By xSIZEMATTER

Not a fan of this series unfortunately.

spiderguylll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By spiderguylll
    @Dark Walker said:
    " I can't wait to get this, I miss the tv show.  :(  Can't wait to find out who Hush is.  "

grayrick949

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By grayrick949

i love this mini

i did read something that it is going to be an ongoing some time soon which is great it is well written

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By johnny_spam

I think I know why this series does not grab me it is a retread of that lame Hush story which was retreaded already with Under The Hood the art also looks sub par.

Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Tyler Starke
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @Tyler Starke said:
    "
    "
    Read the prior issues... it works well.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By danhimself
    @inferiorego:  the announced a little bit ago that there will be a Batman Beyond ongoing after the mini....also as for who Hush is....HUH??? wasn't he meeting with him at the beginning of the issue??  I'm confused
    Avatar image for artisticneedham
    ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

This is only Six issues?
    Is that because its not selling well?
    I would love it to be an ongoing, even bring in characters from the cartoon like Ras, Bane, and his other bad guys.  Keep the story going.  Maybe it will return in some form or another since DC is working it into continuity with Damien in the future and all that.

Pizawle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By Pizawle

There will be on-going after this concludes, so do not fret about that.

Am really looking forward to reading it after reading what you said.

Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
    They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By They Killed Cap!

Ive been enjoying this series, cant wait to read this tonight.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By Primmaster64
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @ArtisticNeedham said:
    " This is only Six issues? Is that because its not selling well? I would love it to be an ongoing, even bring in characters from the cartoon like Ras, Bane, and his other bad guys.  Keep the story going.  Maybe it will return in some form or another since DC is working it into continuity with Damien in the future and all that. "
    It was planned as a six issue series
    KingofMadCows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By KingofMadCows

I wasn't very impressed with the first three issues and this one sounds terrible. There were already a lot of things that pissed me off, like the artwork, Terry's relationship with Bruce, Terry's mother's hair being black, etc.

They really should have made Hush Kyodai Ken. He knows Batman's secret identity. He's got the martial arts training to go up against Terry in the suit. The last time we saw him, he supposedly perished in a volcano, and had he survived, it would have horribly scarred him. We saw how Cadmus was recruiting a bunch of the Justice League's old foes and Kyodai Ken would have been perfect for them. They could explain the whole age thing by saying that he was put into stasis after the project to destroy the Justice League was shut down. 

I know that Kyodai Ken isn't a well known character but this comic is supposed to be for fans of the DCAU and most of them would recognize him. Even if they don't, it would be a great way to bring an excellent character into the comics.

Avatar image for artisticneedham
    ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ArtisticNeedham
    @inferiorego said:

" @ArtisticNeedham said:

" This is only Six issues? Is that because its not selling well? I would love it to be an ongoing, even bring in characters from the cartoon like Ras, Bane, and his other bad guys.  Keep the story going.  Maybe it will return in some form or another since DC is working it into continuity with Damien in the future and all that. "
    It was planned as a six issue series "
    Thanks, Can't understand why they would bring Terry's character in just for six issues, why not bring him back and test the waters, see how it goes.  Maybe keep him indefinatly or maybe for another 6.  Oh, is there the possibility for a sequel?

Because of this issue I have a few questions.  Is this meant to be in continuity now?  Because of that comic where Damien mentions Terry?
    And if so does that mean that the person we find out to be Hush will be doomed to this fate? 

What did people think about Hush's in this issue?  His identity?
    johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By johnny_spam

I just noticed this was the same writer who wrote Cassandra Cain evil he must really have something under his skin or he is purposely evoking memories of those older stories. 

roxamilli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By roxamilli

when i found out who the new Hush was, i said a few choice words about everyone involved with this series.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.