Batman Beyond Limited? (False Alarm)

Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2219 posts) - - Show Bio

DC, there had better have been some kind of a mix up...

One OF FOUR?

This was announced as an ongoing wasn't it? Am I crazy? The solicits don't list any of the issues as 'of 4.' The 4th issue doesn't even say its the last. It'd be bad enough to gives us back Batman Beyond after ending it with The New 52 as only a 4 issue miniseries, but to reassure us for MONTHS that it was an ongoing only to reduce it to 4 issues? Not even The Joker is that cruel. I have until wednesday to maintain plausible denial... PLEASE don't let this be true.

EDIT: So I went to my LCS today, and though obviously they weren't selling them yet, they had tomorrow's comics on the counter, ready to put them in boxes for people's pull lists and the shelf; etc.

Long story short, CBR, for whatever reason, had an incorrect image. Still confused at why they're have a picture of the cover screwed up so specifically, but regardless, the actual print copies DO NOT say "1 of 4" they simply say '1'. Batman Beyond Unlimited is still and ongoing.

#1 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32710 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Batman Beyond is the ongoing and Batman Beyond Unlimited is a mini

#2 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

I think Batman Beyond is the ongoing and Batman Beyond Unlimited is a mini

That sounds right.

#3 Edited by The Mighty Monarch (2219 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87: It was my understanding that Batman Beyond Unlimited is pretty much just the print version of the digital Batman Beyond. And Justice League Beyond. And starting with #3, Superman Beyond. All 3 starting out as digitals but collected together in 1 print ongoing alongside the ongoing digitals.

And again, the solicits never listed it as a mini.

#4 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Mighty Monarch: It is an ongoing series, not a mini. Where did you get the image from?

#5 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2219 posts) - - Show Bio

@jsphsmth: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=11576

#6 Posted by The Poet (8291 posts) - - Show Bio

odd...

#7 Posted by War Killer (19971 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully this is a mistake because I've been under the impression that this was an ongoing series, not a mini. It wouldn't be fair to the fans of the last Batman Beyond series to see it get canceled, have it return as a digital comic reprinted with other digital comics as an actual comic, and then finding out it was only a mini-series and not even an ongoing.

But in all honesty, if this does turn out to be right and it is just a mini, I would like it if DC would bring back Batman Beyond as its own series again. I really could care less about the members of the Justice League, just give me my Terry McGinnis...

#8 Posted by dementedtheclown (747 posts) - - Show Bio

Odd that it has the old DC logo.

#9 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Confused :/

#10 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11091 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully this is a photoshopped image or a misprint. I was really looking forward to reading about the JLU, SMU, and BBU stories.

#11 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2219 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee: @RedheadedAtrocitus: @War Killer: @The Poet: @jsphsmth: @Gambit1024: @spiderbat87: So I went to my LCS today, and though obviously they weren't selling them yet, they had tomorrow's comics on the counter, ready to put them in boxes for people's pull lists and the shelf; etc.

Long story short, CBR, for whatever reason, had an incorrect image. Still confused at why they're have a picture of the cover screwed up so specifically, but regardless, the actual print copies DO NOT say "1 of 4" they simply say '1'. Batman Beyond Unlimited is still and ongoing.

#12 Posted by The Poet (8291 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Mighty Monarch said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee: @RedheadedAtrocitus: @War Killer: @The Poet: @jsphsmth: @Gambit1024: @spiderbat87: So I went to my LCS today, and though obviously they weren't selling them yet, they had tomorrow's comics on the counter, ready to put them in boxes for people's pull lists and the shelf; etc.

*cheers and applauds*

#13 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11091 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet said:

*cheers and applauds*

HOORAH!!! Fantastic [Four] news!

#14 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Mighty Monarch: cool

#15 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2219 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@The Poet said:

*cheers and applauds*

HOORAH!!! Fantastic [Four] news!

Now the Official DC site has a post with the incorrect '1 of 4' version of the cover. *Facepalms hard.* Now the incompetence is mentally painful.

#16 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Mighty Monarch: LOOOL. That's... laughable really.

#17 Posted by The Poet (8291 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Mighty Monarch: whats even worse it that it was written by an editor :)

#18 Posted by MonkeyToe (386 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't even read this blog yet because I don't have my copy yet. And 5 pm can't come soon enough!

#19 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2219 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: @The Poet: What it is, is sad. How are we supposed to trust the editors (Or at least this one in particular) to do their job and make sure we get quality products when they make such blatant mistakes? How did a version of that cover even get made? Much less posted ON THE EDITOR'S BLOG.

#20 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Mighty Monarch: If I wasn't invested in this series, then I would find this amusing. But I am invested, so I am not happy. I hope this does affect sales.

#21 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Mighty Monarch: Eh, might not be such a big deal...

#22 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2219 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonkeyToe: I didn't say anything about the content. Simply the inexplicable false cover listing it as the first issue in a 4 issue miniseries instead of the first issue of an ongoing.

@ReVamp: It's just that it's such a blatant and inexplicable mistake. Why did that version of the cover even come into existence? It was announced from the start to be an ongoing, and even if it was an early cover mock-up, why would they have the image for '1 of 4,' DC doesn't even publish that many 4-Issue miniseries; I would even wager to guess that an early mock up of a cover for a miniseries would have the more frequently used '1' just for convenience's sake to see how it looks in that case. But to have an editor make a post with this version implies nobody took even 5 god damn seconds to glance over the image to make sure nothing was wrong before posting it to the millions of masses on the web. NOBODY could spare 5 seconds of quality assurance? Not even an EDITOR?

#23 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Mighty Monarch: Well, for one I'm was excluding the fact that it came into existence and secondly, it doesn't really matter. There are worse mistakes. Its stupid yes, but I don't feel it deserves too much hate.

#24 Posted by MonkeyToe (386 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonkeyToe: I didn't say anything about the content. Simply the inexplicable false cover listing it as the first issue in a 4 issue miniseries instead of the first issue of an ongoing.

Now I'll go read it! Ha!

#25 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow...I was worried for a second...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.