Follow

Batman Begins

Movie » Batman Begins released on June 15, 2005.

The first Batman film to star Christian Bale as the Dark Knight. This film kickstarted a trend in hollywood now known as the "franchise reboot" ignoring past movies, inviting a bigger potential audience with a fresh start.

Would you have prefered Joss Whedon to have done this film?

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Before Nolan, Joss Whedon was originally going to direct Batman Begins, and I've been wondering if that could have actually been better. Don't get me wrong, I like Nolan's Batman films (although I do find Begins a little boring, I'm a bit split on the last one, and I hate that voice) but I do wonder if Whedon could have done a Batman film series more like the Arkham games. At the same time I think maybe he also could have screwed it up. He's really good, but every director has some bad films in them, and Whedon does occasionally folly. Part of me wonders if Whedon would make a shared universe out of that (he has talked about that before the Avengers happened).

I guess I'm asking, what do you think it would have been like? and what do you think DC and Marvel films would be like if that had happened?

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Not in the least.

Beata

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By zaied

Batman Begins is one of the best CBMs out there, and arguably the highlight of the trilogy. I don't think it would've led to a shared universe since Batman Begins was the first attempt with Batman post-Batman & Robin.

Superman Returns didn't really help, and nothing else was going on at that time. Whedon could've maybe connected it with his Wonder Woman film and went from there while just bringing Superman Returns along.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@zaied: Actually before the MCU had even started Whedon wanted to make a shared Universe at WB with DC. They kicked him off too many projects so he left.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God no.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7 the_stegman  Moderator

Not. At. All.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.