Peter Tomasi Teases New Robin - Sort of

#101 Posted by Onemoreposter (4230 posts) - - Show Bio

like it! anything but Harper Row

For sure. In Tomasi we Trust.

#102 Edited by JonSmith (4084 posts) - - Show Bio

#TeamHarper

Anyone else with me?

Sure, I'm a fan of Red Hood and the Outlaws.

#103 Posted by Sifighter (99 posts) - - Show Bio

Im ok with new characters but not with a new robin. I think i would prefer if they make a new batman title of all the new young heroes who want to be batman's sidekick without realizing all of the danger out in Gotham. I think that would be cool with Harper, Kelly, and whoever else they create and form like a Gotham teen titans. That's just my opinion though.

#104 Posted by alexl86 (33 posts) - - Show Bio

Strange, I thought a couple of days ago it'd be an interesting idea to make the next robin a girl, though I don't think this is meant to last.

#105 Posted by NeoSpeedForce (10 posts) - - Show Bio

I will get the first few issues of this but most likely I will be dropping Batman and Robin. I really liked Damien and to just cut him like that. Well this is the first moment in the new 52 that truly pissed me off.

#106 Posted by Nightwing4 (384 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it. Weaving more female characters into the Bat-Verse.

#107 Posted by Mahzian (119 posts) - - Show Bio

This is great news! Although I find it funny that they decide to give all the male Robin's pants but leave them off for the girl, guess that makes her more marketable to the male demographic

#108 Posted by thejman250 (155 posts) - - Show Bio

- I personally dislike this move.

- However, it could be worse.

#109 Posted by flazam (2598 posts) - - Show Bio

propulay gonna be harper row

#110 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (14175 posts) - - Show Bio

@zereta said:

In before we get mentions of Wally West, Stephanie Brown and Cassandra Cain...

I am kinda psyched by this. Tomasi is killing it on Batman and Robin.

Steph and Cass were mentioned several times lol

#111 Posted by CrazyScarecrow (2193 posts) - - Show Bio

@br_havoc: Damian is a player and dated women of all ages. Bruce was to busy fighting crime to notice.

I am actually hoping this is the new Robin. As much as I loved Damian I don't want him to pull a Jason Todd (though if he did come back by Lazarus Pit it would be the perfect way to bring back Ra's). Damian has to be the one Robin that stays dead. Also I like how they are doing a female Robin that could stay alive for more than a couple issues.

#112 Edited by Mr. Messy Face (125 posts) - - Show Bio

#113 Edited by drumguyrob (42 posts) - - Show Bio

That's it DC, kill off the best Robin and replace him with the worst. Thanks.

#114 Edited by TheRobin (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Kinda wish they used the Ame Comi design.

Hey, something actually worthy of the phrase: WTF.

I love this!

#115 Posted by TheRobin (17 posts) - - Show Bio

That's it DC, kill off the best Robin and replace him with the worst. Thanks.

I know right, she better not be the new robin. She stinks. I say they shouuld just let the mantle of Robin go for now. Bringing in another would suck. I like having it with the Nightwing, Red Robin, batgirl, and Jason working alongside Batman.

#117 Posted by mwanderson (6 posts) - - Show Bio

After reading this issue, I feel the cover was such a con... without giving too much away Carrie Kelley felt like an afterthought shoehorned into an issue that, in truth, was dealing with Batman's grief in a logical if somewhat macabre manner. The inclusion of an agent of SHADE was entirely plausible along with Red Robin but the Carrie Kelley elements seemed to be little more than retconning, a way of teasing the fans when instead they need to get through losing Damian as much as Bruce does.

#118 Posted by Wowlock (325 posts) - - Show Bio

I still think Helena Wayne should take her rightful place back. I mean it would be a double wammy with her honoring Damian's spot instead of ''forced, so called fan-favorite'' Harper Row. And we know Damian will be back in some way soo it will make more interesting stories. There is already enough messing around with the new 52 to make things complicated. A new Robin with as a full new character would only add more confusion to the current messed up state of the Bat-verse.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.