Peter Tomasi Teases New Robin - Sort of

• 117 results
#51 Edited by dreamfall31 (473 posts) - - Show Bio

Man.....all these DC covers are making me go WTF!!!!!!

#52 Posted by Mucklefluga (2434 posts) - - Show Bio

WTF Carrie Kelly ?!?!?!

#53 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2066 posts) - - Show Bio

Could be interesting I suppose.

#54 Posted by Perfect 10 (864 posts) - - Show Bio

@johnnyjoker28: correction, she's not the new robin, YET. there is no logical reason to bring in a character who was once robin if she isnt going to become robin herself. if she is just going to be a regular girl then why not use a non heroic character or create a new "normal" character? they didnt for a reason. even if its months before she dawns the costume for reals, its going to happen

#55 Posted by Perfect 10 (864 posts) - - Show Bio
#56 Edited by JohnnyJoker28 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@perfect_10: right, it might happen in the future, but the main reason why they are doing it is to sell more books. it's part of the (now renamed) WTF month. there hope is for people to see this and say "WTF, i have to pick this issue up to see what's going on". it might happen, but i personally don't think it will. i think if any current character in the DC universe is going to be Robin, it'll be Harper Row.

#57 Posted by manwithoutshame (480 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the character in the DKR animated films, I'm kind of looking forward to this. Batman could use a fun and easygoing sidekick for awhile, like the original Robin.

#58 Posted by millennium (177 posts) - - Show Bio

really the one robin people hated more than jason todd may become the new robin i really hope not

#59 Edited by detective38 (139 posts) - - Show Bio

Had about enough of the whole whos gonna be the new robin thing already give bruce time to grieve

#60 Posted by Teerack (4550 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow... I actually called this a few weeks before the New 52 came out.

#61 Posted by queenfrost_ (2499 posts) - - Show Bio

What a WASTED opportunity to introduce Cassandra Cain or Stephanie Brown. I'm so annoyed

#62 Posted by Aiden Cross (15513 posts) - - Show Bio

This had better be a joke.

Carrie Kelly is one of the worst characters ever created. Right up there with Hope Summers.

This! I can't possibly see how they thought this would be a good idea.

#63 Posted by SUNMAN (6935 posts) - - Show Bio

whatever I dropped the Batbooks anyway

#64 Posted by entropy_aegis (13631 posts) - - Show Bio

WOW,DC just killed Harper Row with this move.

#65 Edited by iceslick (715 posts) - - Show Bio

I am so excited this is happening!!! :-) You see Tony @g_man I told you it would be possible to have her as the new Robin!

Honestly guys I think it's best for Harper to be her Row (role, I know bad joke. lol) But seriously, I don't she was ever meant to be a Robin and it's great to be her own self just like Alfred. I didn't want her to be Robin cause then people wouldn't remember her as Harper Row. It will be just Robin. Also, let Stephanie Brown be Spoiler her own identity not someone else's and I think when she was Robin, no one like it and it's maybe why DC had killed her off when it happened. I honestly think Daiman should come back with sometime much older with that kick-ass Batman costume he had in the annual.

#66 Edited by Smart_Dork_Dude (2519 posts) - - Show Bio

@br_havoc said:

@johnnyjoker28: I agree with you that I do not think she will be the new Robin. If she is to become the new one it will not be for like 6 months. This is just a publicity stunt to get more readers for there WTF month. The real question I have is how and why does a college girl of say what 18? maybe 20 know a ten year old boy?

Yeah Carrie would be cool....... As long as Frank Miller stays FAR away from this book. As for how she knows Damian, I'd have no idea. Really her knowing him feels KINDA forced. It'd make more sense if she knew Tim though

#67 Posted by iceslick (715 posts) - - Show Bio

“In regards to how long she'll be around, let's just say that it's a helluva lot longer than ‘one issue.’ I've got plans for Carrie that play well into the future.

“It's all real. It's all in continuity. It's all part of the Batman universe in the here and now. Carrie Kelley has found her way into The New 52 and she's here to stay - in what capacity is anybody's guess - except mine of course.”

I honestly think they are plans for her to be Robin in the near future. Read this article, it clearly leave a vague detail about what they will do to her and these quotes are from it.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/dc-names-the-new-robin.html

#68 Posted by Mr. Kamikaze (511 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh lawd! Where is my Stephanie Brown!

On the other hand...I'm kinda glad they didn't make Steph the new Robin, implying that she would've been Robin for the first time after Damien died. It would sort of cheapen her in a way...if she does come back (which I hope to god she does) I hope she holds onto to the "I was Robin before and Batman didn't like it" thing, rather than make her some newbie hero and shove her down the totem pole, as it were...

Does that make sense? o.O

#69 Posted by yo_yo_fun (625 posts) - - Show Bio

THAT'S IT! Batman will take a page out of Charlie's Angels' book and create a female Robin Trio; Stephanie Brown, Harper Row, and Carrie Kelley.

EVERYBODY WINS.

LMBO!!!

That actually would be kinda awesome...lol

#70 Posted by Akindoodle (870 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh lawd! Where is my Stephanie Brown!

On the other hand...I'm kinda glad they didn't make Steph the new Robin, implying that she would've been Robin for the first time after Damien died. It would sort of cheapen her in a way...if she does come back (which I hope to god she does) I hope she holds onto to the "I was Robin before and Batman didn't like it" thing, rather than make her some newbie hero and shove her down the totem pole, as it were...

Does that make sense? o.O

Completely... Almost. But I get you, there've been what 4, 5 robins? And it's great one of them was a girl PreN52 but really, she should have her own identity instead of a legacy. Spoiler would be the most original way to introduce her. And would someone get Cassandra Cain already even if she started out as a bad guy with Shiva or her dad, just PLEASE bring her back. I don't mind Carrie Kelly if she's not annoying, girl Robins equal diversity

#71 Edited by Samimista (20189 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly didn't see this coming. 0.0 I'll be picking this issue up for sure.

#72 Posted by FoxCircuit101 (56 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't mind Carrie becoming the next Robin. Got any other candidates? Steph? She had her chance!

#73 Posted by RoninLoganX (35 posts) - - Show Bio

I, for one, am really excited about this.

#74 Posted by Batnandez (511 posts) - - Show Bio

whoo no Harper Row!!!

#75 Edited by SavageDragon (2166 posts) - - Show Bio

To be honest...I hated Carrie Kelly, give me Harper Row over her anyday.

Same.

#76 Edited by SupremePro (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting... But please no Harper Row as Robin!

#77 Posted by thatlad (587 posts) - - Show Bio

This WTF as in "WTF ARE YOU DOING?!?"

This just reeks of we need to have a wtf moment to fit in with our marketing, there's no value in this story development it's just gimmicky. There's a reason I'm down to only 2 DC comics in my pull list down from 11

#78 Posted by ComicKing7 (123 posts) - - Show Bio

She's better than Harper Row but not as good as Stephanie Brown

#79 Edited by NightFang (9648 posts) - - Show Bio

Just bring back Tim!

#80 Posted by Kiddevil (7488 posts) - - Show Bio

NO!

#81 Posted by Porcupeth (13 posts) - - Show Bio

What..no..fail!

Should have been Harper Row. DC just keeps missing

#82 Posted by cincyducksfan35 (127 posts) - - Show Bio

To me, Batman can never have another Robin sidekick again EVER. It would completely discredit him and make me really almost dislike him as a character. We can have another Robin somehow, but they need to be their own hero. Bruce would never take in another sidekick and train them to be at his side after what happened.

#83 Posted by BoyWander (318 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman's new Robin is going to be Terry McGinnis. lol.

#84 Edited by MatKrenz (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

For some reason I can't stop laughing. Not at the fact they are bringing in Carrie Kelly but at the responses, I think the New 52 has made me develop a case of schadenfreude.

#85 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

Calm down people, she clearly isn't replacing Damian. She's just a girl who knew Damian who, by the preview panel below, dresses up like Robin at a costume party. She's not the new Robin, Peter Tomasi says that in the interview.

Thank goodness

#86 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1747 posts) - - Show Bio

I calling this: "A very dumb idea"!

Also, it's way too soon, it's only been like a month or so!

#87 Posted by vernierhawk001 (516 posts) - - Show Bio

Idk.....I didn't like the idea of Kelley the first time around. And as much as I understand DC trying to bring in "new blood", I think they need to think long and hard about whether or not there should be another Robin. Bruce already lost two. After the first time, he went through the same thing he's doing now (going emotionally unstable and crazy) until Tim convinced him that he needed another Robin. So he stuck his neck out there (sorta) and it worked....until his son gets killed in the same role. I don't know. Bruce is smart. Fool me once....

#88 Posted by ComicKing7 (123 posts) - - Show Bio
#89 Posted by DocFishstick (216 posts) - - Show Bio

well we will have to see where this goes

#90 Posted by Dernman (14025 posts) - - Show Bio

They should end the Robin line now.

Something is going to be done though. I don't see them canceling Batman/Robin but after they make the rounds of all the former Robins like they planed, then what?

#91 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15822 posts) - - Show Bio

Cassandra Cain doesn't exist because Shiva is not that much older than Nightwing. And I actually called this! I'm happy! Carry Kelly was awesome. To be honest I didn't think that TDKR was that good. But I loved Carrie Kelly! Hopefully she gets her sling shot!

#92 Posted by sentryman555 (651 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if they're setting up a battle for the cowl type thing but for the Robin title. They mimicked Batman RIP why not Battle for the Cowl?

#93 Posted by Hojo49er (3 posts) - - Show Bio

#

#

Cassandra Cain doesn't exist because Shiva is not that much older than Nightwing. And I actually called this! I'm happy! Carry Kelly was awesome. To be honest I didn't think that TDKR was that good. But I loved Carrie Kelly! Hopefully she gets her sling shot!

I have a theory that the "Lady Shiva" nightwing faced was in fact Cassandra Cain. in much the same way there were two batmen running around (dick and bruce) there are two lady shivas running around or one took over the mantle. granted this a theory formed without me re reading the nightwing 0 issue and the nightwing issues where he fought lady shiva to check for any holes in that theory. i'm also not that familiar with Cassandra cain or lady shiva other than what I've read on Wikipedia a long time ago being as I am somewhat new to reading comics (just started with the new 52). call it a rough theory if you will. lol. i'm interested if any of you think that could be the case being as you guys are more knowledgeable on the subject than I am.

#94 Posted by Botiste (50 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't see what all the fuse is about. Carrie fits all 3 of the Robin criteria.

1. Under age adolescent: check

2. Black hair if your a Robin male, Red if your a female: check

3. Limited combat experience: check (unless your Damian, then it's 6 1/2 years of training, come on people he wasn't learning assassinations at 3, I mean come on.)

Don't get me wrong friends, I'm not oppose to the idea of having a Robin on the team, but could we please change up every predictable outcome of who Robin is. Oh and really DC? the man's son just died in the role and a couple of issues later we get the tease of the new Robin. This make perfect sense. This is exactly what I would do if my son was impaled under my watch. Then again it's just a comic, what's the big deal.

#95 Edited by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomchu said:

Tomasi, you had my curiousity, and now you have my attention.

This. Plus I love Carrie's character,

#96 Edited by doomsday31 (10 posts) - - Show Bio

@trevel8182: yeah the ame-comi design looks much better than her usual design

#97 Posted by lady_toyano (162 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh wow, I heart Kelly, but I'm still so raw from Damien...hmn...

#98 Posted by Eternal19 (2074 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does everyone want stephanie brown to be robin. She wasnt even that interesting, theres a reason DC chose to "kill" her when she was robin. I think people just want her back out of nostalgia

#99 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean this from the deep of my soul: WTF

@z3ro180 said:

Oh dear god no I hate that robin

#100 Edited by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

So CK has come to the New 52 finally. Interesting but...eh. I'd have liked it way better if we saw Stephanie Brown in her place instead.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.