Follow

Batman and Robin

Team » Batman and Robin appears in 3681 issues.

Potentially the best known and popular partnership of heroes in comic books, the dynamic duo is a team comprised of the legendary Batman and his loyal sidekick Robin. The identities of Batman and Robin have varied over time, but the titles have endured.

Andy Kubert's Variant To Batman And Robin #2

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

No Caption Provided

You have Andy Kubert's art.  His run on Batman recently was some good stuff.  DC has revealed the variant cover to Batman And Robin #2.  While I do think it's great art, you have to admit it would be pretty weird if you bought this issue and then opened it to find Frank Quitely 's work.  I've mentioned before that I really dig Quitely's art.  It's just that Quitely and Kubert have different styles. 

Does it bother you when the cover art is extremely different than the interior art?

What about the image itself?  I hate to say it, but that Batman doesn't really look like Dick Grayson.  Damian also looks a little ripped.  Maybe it's the suit?  Another question is who is doing to Damian what (probably) a lot of you guys would like to do to him?  That's a massive dude smashing him into the wall.  It should be a good learning experience for him.  He does still need to learn some humility.  I wonder if those that despise him will actually start warming up to him eventually.  Surprisingly, I've been handling this changing of the guards quite well.  I can't wait until July 1 when this issue hits.

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By iLLituracy

It's a nice piece of work. But I agree, I absolutely detest when a cover has a completely different feel than what it's in it's interiors.

The Hottness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By The Hottness

Take that Robin!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#3  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @iLLituracy said:
    " It's a nice piece of work. But I agree, I absolutely detest when a cover has a completely different feel than what it's in it's interiors. "
    It's great seeing another artist's take on the characters but it does feel off.  It's like the J. Scott Campbell Marvel covers.  People love his art but then the interior is nothing like his style.  Is it deceptive or just a chance to see another artist's work?
    Grendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Grendel

It's used to bug me when I was a kid in the 90s  (Specifically when it would be the regular artist doing the cover and a guest artist inside) but now I'm used to it.

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By iLLituracy
    @G-Man said:
    " @iLLituracy said:
    " It's a nice piece of work. But I agree, I absolutely detest when a cover has a completely different feel than what it's in it's interiors. "
    It's great seeing another artist's take on the characters but it does feel off.  It's like the J. Scott Campbell Marvel covers.  People love his art but then the interior is nothing like his style.  Is it deceptive or just a chance to see another artist's work? "
    I don't mind if the work inside is well done, or at least the feel between the two artists are similar or mirror one another. But, for example, the one that sticks out most in my mind was the Gambit series a while back that had covers by Greg Land, but the interiors were mediocre at best.

But, in hindsight, there are some artists that I'm just used to doing covers like Alex Ross and Marko Djurdjevic, so I rarely expect interior art from them, though, Marko's work with Thor's covers does mirror Coipiel's interior artwork.
    Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Media_Master

It just doesn't feel right to have cover art, be different than the interior.

I understand why they do it, but I still don't appreciate it.

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By speedlgt

it s a two way street on one had covers sell books and if you didnt have covers from the big stars like Ross and such you most likely wouldnt get anything from them but I overall dont like the idea of the covers being done by another artist at all. Its cheap and cheating and basically not giving fans what they are paying for which is most times the cover that sold them on the book

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Decept-O

It happens quite a bit with comics, the cover art and interior art being different.   Looking at the art, it does look like Robin is a bit leaner and taller than he's been portrayed.  However, how can you really tell if it's Grayson?  He's wearing a Batman cowl, so it goes to show the costume is working at protecting his identity, right?  Or am I wrong?

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#9  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

One Thing comes to Mind when I see Robin on that cover...Head Acks, or maybe something like "He'll Feel That In tha Morning!" or "Watch Ya Head!"

Green ankh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Green ankh

it so would be cool to see Robin get his ass kicked !!!!

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By johnny_spam

poor little bastard.

Joe Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Joe Venom

This book has yet to present to me a great picture of Dick as Batman, it almost seems that most images focus more on Damian as Robin. Idk many its to soon to judge but I hope that the next variant is an awesome picture of Batman actually reborn.

blade hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By blade hunter

im a massive tim drake fan and like a lot of people i hated damian but as i read more of him and think about it im kinda warming to him, don't get me wrong he's not in tim's league but i think why people having a problem with Damian being robin is the fact that a lot of people [myself included] grew up with tim as robin, he made it cool for people to like robin but anyway is Tim a better character that Damian? yes, will Tim kick Damian's ass next time they meet? i hope so but i think people just need people to adjust to damian but lets face it does'nt matter what costume he is wearing Tim still kicks ass.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By SUNMAN

Damien has gotten the best of Tim so far, not that I am really a big Damien fan.

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

bout time he got a little beating

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By NightFang3

Can't wait!

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By G'bandit

True. Batman looks weird.

Also first issue and Robin is already getting his butt kicked, great.. Tim Drake must be spinning on his grave.. Oh wait, he is alive XD

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.