BATMAN & ROBIN #8 Preview

Posted by No_name_here (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

Double-ship, but single-dip? 

Grant Morrison and Cameron Stewart are putting BATMAN AND ROBIN out twice this month, continuing the "BLACKEST KNIGHT" storyline wherein Bruce Wayne has seemingly returned after some time in the Lazarus Pit.

Behold...

Here’s the breakdown from DC’s Alex Segura…

Only months into his new role as Batman, Dick Grayson faces perhaps the biggest threat of his life. In hopes of attaining his heart’s desire, has Dick instead unleashed a terror the likes of which the world has never seen? Meanwhile, back in Gotham City, Alfred and a recuperating Robin are at the mercy of someone both fearsome and familiar. 

Observations, observations…

Morrison and Stewart continue to have a great creative synergy.   Liked how they worked together on SEAGUY… really liked how they worked together on MANHATTAN GUARDIAN.  Who else can pull off something so gleefully-ludicrous as the Caped Crusader fighting against evil chimney sweeps with narcotic soot?

And you know, with the nearing prospect of Bruce taking the Batman mantle back from Dick after years of the Boy Wonder waiting for it, am I the only seeing some parallels to the whole Conan/Tonight Show Indian giving fiasco from last month. Anyone? Anyone?

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Comics and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia Comics.   Watch out for the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover collection this March - - available for pre-order now on Amazon.com

#1 Posted by Queen's Halo (2431 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome, Batwoman is in it. I will surely read it now.

#2 Posted by Marshal Victory (677 posts) - - Show Bio

Ohh Pit madness Batman vs those guys.Almost feel sorry for them.Their gona feel this in the morning.
#3 Posted by blade hunter (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

massive bat-brawl haha mint :)

#4 Edited by timrothsays (653 posts) - - Show Bio

The funny thing is, in theory, it's a "real" Batman, but without a soul, which is lost in time. 
There is still hope for happy end D: 

#5 Posted by OhTru (1583 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks great!

#6 Posted by SUPER-MAN 23 (1975 posts) - - Show Bio

I like batman's Electricity knuckles I want it in the next batman reborn issue. Tony daniel should put that in his batman book 

#7 Posted by NightFang (9960 posts) - - Show Bio

This is f**king awesome!!!!  

#8 Posted by 4Essence (152 posts) - - Show Bio

hurm...interesting. I didnt think this was gonna be all that good. 
The return of Cap'n America was a bit of a letdown. 
But this seems promising. Morrison's great

#9 Posted by Argentino_18 (955 posts) - - Show Bio

*luckly I brought my anti lazarus pit maddend batman spray*, or something like that... 

And what about that brass knuckles? they are awfully lighted, I think that even if Dick grazez that Batman it could blow him to bits...
#10 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2828 posts) - - Show Bio

Bukaki?

Staff
#11 Posted by timrothsays (653 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red L.A.M.P.: 
High-five! Thought the same thing, but hesitated D:
#12 Posted by LFCMANIA (79 posts) - - Show Bio

looks good but i am not so sure about the art...frank quietly (mis-spelt i know) was the best but i should definately give stewart a chance
#13 Posted by darknight100 (56 posts) - - Show Bio

it seems all they do with dick as batman is him trying to pass off the tittle as quickly as possible. lame.
#14 Posted by Secret Identity (223 posts) - - Show Bio

so.... is Batwoman talking to her father again now? Hmmmm not convinced. This seems like a dumb-ass move on Dick's part as well. Dick is not a fool. Oh and not to mention that DC do not write england well...... 

#15 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red L.A.M.P. said:
"Bukaki? "

*slaps palm on face*   I did NOT just read that, did I?   Wait a tick, yes I did.
#16 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red L.A.M.P. said:
"Bukaki? "

nasty
#17 Posted by waruikumo (357 posts) - - Show Bio

I am REALLLLY mclov'in the art in this arc, and the coloring is just makes it drip!

#18 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2828 posts) - - Show Bio
@timrothsays said:
" @Red L.A.M.P.:  High-five! Thought the same thing, but hesitated D: "
I never hesitate! :) 
@Decept-O:
 @waruikumo: I cant be the only one who thought it.
Staff
#19 Posted by Chane (539 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish bat trades came out faster. 
I look forward to reading this in 2012!

#20 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

:D
#21 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red L.A.M.P.:
You may not be, but it didn't cross my mind even as slightly pervy as I am.   Now I can't look at that art without thinking it.  Thanks loads.  Ooops, wrong choice of words....
Guess you put the "E" in Evil, Red L.A.M.P.!
#22 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking at this art it appears the "villains" are chimney sweeps?  Also a "King" or something?  I read bad cliche' stereotype British/Cockney slang, too, in the panels posted.  W...T...F?    
*slaps palm in face a second time*
#23 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4720 posts) - - Show Bio

i wonder who he is since hes not Bruce... Obviously...

#24 Posted by Ryonslaught (1247 posts) - - Show Bio
@Chane: me and you both man, hate waiting forever on issues....
#25 Posted by Omega The Supreme Being (139 posts) - - Show Bio

batman say something

I'm covered in spaghetti sauce 

#26 Posted by Illyana Rasputin (2771 posts) - - Show Bio

It's nice to see Batwoman in the mix!

#27 Posted by Final Arrow (24383 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks awesome. but I doubt its going to be Bruce, wait for the twist.

#28 Posted by Chane (539 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ryonslaught: plus I only get the paperback ones, now they've started going to HC first and then paperback awhile later it takes even longer :o\ 
#29 Edited by Ryonslaught (1247 posts) - - Show Bio
@Yung ANcient One: my biggest problem is I really am very UNCONVINCED that gathering could take a psychotic Bruce........that's the big stretch..... Squire, Knight and Dick..oh and batwoman to handle Bruce LOL. 

That's a stretch of the imagination Grant even for you!

Cant wait to see just what exactly Dick has brought forth though, That should be something! :)

@Chane:
Yeah it become quite the hassle after awhile.
#30 Posted by mcrmy13 (50 posts) - - Show Bio

THE ART KINDDA SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HARD

I liked FRANK QUiEtLy

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.