jlat89's Batman and Robin #8 - Blackest Knight, Part Two: Batman vs. Batman review

Batman and Robin #8

This issue starts off with Batwoman telling Batman how she got to where she is as they look on to see if Dick was right in throwing the "Batman Corpse" into the pit.  A "Batman" does come out of the pit.  Everyone saw it if they look at the cover.  But the question is, is it Bruce?  I can't really say much about this issue because there are some hardcore spoilers.  What I will say is there is a little nod to Batman R.I.P. and Final Crisis, but its more of the first one.  Alfred also find out that Dick took the "body of Batman."  Damien comes back from some spine surgery (they can't do this to Oracle because?) and Batwoman and Batman are in a "rocky" situation.  That's as spoiler free as I can get.
Grant Morrison continues to shine in this series, the writing has gotten much better and Cameron Stewart's art fits this story arc very well.  The ending of this issue makes me happy that I don't have to wait a month to see the conclusion.  Overall a good issue.  Read this series, it's one of the best Batman Books out there.

Posted by Yung ANcient One

(they can't do this to Oracle because?)
because... Talia aint her mom... and because... When she got shot there was no surgery to fix her back... and now that there is... it only works if it barely happened not if u been crippled for years and years

Posted by .The Batman of Zur-En-Arrh.

I give this a solid 5out of 5.Very good issue.Writing is always good week in and week out.The artis a big step up from Philip Tan.