lostlantern13's Batman and Robin #8 - Blackest Knight, Part Two: Batman vs. Batman review

Batman(?) Returns

Cameron Stewart, if you read comic reviews of your work, thank you. The complaints about art that people had about Philip Tan's arc should be gone by now. Cameron Stewart can draw. The art is dynamic and really pops. The panels, while Morrison jumps around in narrative, are fluid and easy to understand. This book looks great all around. Tan made us cry for Quietly, but I don't think anyone is complaining about Stewart. Stewart's art really stands up well to Morrison's story.
     Speaking of that story, another Batman book begins to give our characters a push to the eventual return of Bruce Wayne. Needless to say, this story matters. Where did these multiple Batman corpses come from? What is rising from the Lazarus Pit? Can anyone, other than Tim, find evidence that Bruce didn't die? The issue definitely feels like a turning point in Morrison's larger saga.
     The pacing is fast, but that works here for me. Unlike a lot of comics, I feel like there's progress with the right amount of past explanation and a rather promising tease for the next issue (which comes out later this month!!!!). You'll also probably need #7 to better get what's going on in London, but that's okay. You can't have enough good reads, and Morrison and Stewart are definitely providing good reads.