icarusflies's Batman and Robin #12 - Batman Vs. Robin Part 3: Mexican Train review

Jigsaw Puzzle

Things are finally starting to piece together in the Return of Bruce Wayne. This issue more focused on Damian, and his role as Robin. This included relation to Batman and Talia. And...one more person which would be too much of a spoiler here.

The Good
The whole 'mind controlled Damian' thing seemed to fit here. I enjoyed how Deathstroke's powers were used to their full potential, as well as Dick's Blüdhaven reference. Morrison is also setting up something big with Dr. Hurt, who I had been wanting to see more of.

The Bad
Oberon's identity fit, but it just didn't do much for me. And there seems to be less effort in introducing the individual villains.

Verdict
Excellent book, but not a good jumping on point for new readers

Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k

I don`t know wrether or not your reviews should be longer, or not. They could be longer, and you would have more stuff in them, or they can be as long as they are now (which is fine, `cause they tell pretty greatly the key things about the story). But then again, it`s not up for me to decide.

Posted by Icarusflies

@kfhrfdu_89_76k: They probably should be longer, and I probably need to write more of them…but usually I write reviews without the issue in front of me, so I only write about what stood out.

Moderator