thelastlantern's Batman #713 - In Storybook Endings review

The End.... For About 3 weeks

My feelings for the DCU rebot aside, this really was a great issue.  The story revolved around the origin of Batman, the origin of the different Robins, and a basic summary of the recent plot points.  The story is told through the narration of Damian and it really flows smoothly, it dosn't feel like you're reading a wikipedia summarry of Batman.  Being a huge fan of Batman, I know essentially everything about the Bat family, so when I started reading this issue I was a bit skeptical that it would be boring for me.  That skepticism was immediatly shot down by the way Nicieza wrote this issue.  Although it is essentially a recap, he still finds room to add some characterization to Damian.  I hated Damian as a character when he was first introduced, but through the efforts and skills of different writes I have really come to like him and I see some awesome potential story-wise for him in the reboot.  All in all this was a very good way to end the series (Numbering).  Any Batman fan should pick this up.