comicbookheretic's Batman #699 - Riddle Me This, Part 2: A Means To An End review

Where did he go?

Batman as in the comic book series is in good hands as far as I can see.  Tony Daniel's writing skills have really shined in these last 2 issues.  This could be due to his being able to concentrate on just that his writing.  The art duties have been handled by Guillem March.  I haven't following his work on Sirens and was ok with his work last issue on my first read through.  However, the second time thru I liked it much more.  He has a kinetic style that really lent much to the story.  This is again true this issue and in fact there isn't a panel that I don't like!

The riddle of last issue is explained and we are left with a bit of a cliffhanger that will have to hold over for the 3 months.  Dick got to show his skills as a detective and he really shines.  At times it may have felt a bit Bruce like but I think that is more just Dick filling out the role more than anything.

This issue is a complete package both writing and art!  I again strongly recommend this issue and if Daniel is still writing after the Grant Morrison interlude then his continued run on the Batman series!