theacidskull's Batman #23.1 - Time to Monkey Shine review

It's A Joke, Get It? Not Really.

I was really hoping that after Snyders treatment of Joker we would get something decent, but no i had to get my hopes up and get this afterwards.

l'm not even going to waste time on the introduction on this one, it was simply put a Bad issue, and i did not enjoy it. The Problem here is that Kubert waste an issue completely, this could have actually been something interesting, but it turned out to be just for the Laughs, which doesn't make sense because we don't really read Joker stories to laugh, as surprising as that may seem.

What Kubert Does is try to somehow Tell a Joker origin Story while tying it to current events in the issue itself. You see what the problem is here? The Joker doesn't have an Origin, we don't know what spawned this demon with a Clowns face, and that's how it should stay. People Might say that Other writers have tried to give joker an Origin but that was different, during the time the older stories were written, it was possible to give Joker a background, but due to the fact that it was done so many times and also the fact that joker Re-invents himself all the damn time, it's become a part of his character NOT to have an origin. Especially if it's a trite " MY ABUSIVE FAMILY" kind of back story. Andy Kubert had a good chance to explore this concept of Jokers past being Multiple choice, but he just went with a story that add absolutely Nothing to the character.

The reason this issue Got One start is simply because of two reasons:

• I Like the Art. I thinks it's creepy and fits the Joker well
  • Despite this being a Bad story, i like the Jokers characterization, he acted like himself, and Kubert fooled us well by making us think Joker cared about someone.

I'd give this 2 stars but this whole issue was based off a gag, meaning that it cheats you out of something that could have put already established to use.

Recommendation: Nope.

• 73 results
  • 1
  • 2

Why didn't you make this sooner!? I already bought this one! XP

But seriously nice review, at least now I won't go in blind about the quality of this comic.

yEAH. funny thing is though this Joker is better Than snyders XD

Yeah at least it sounds like Joker is in character for this one.

yEAH. funny thing is though this Joker is better Than snyders XD

Yeah at least it sounds like Joker is in character for this one.

but that's like, the only good thing LOL

Posted by DecoyElite

@theacidskull: One good thing is better than none. Also you contradicted yourself, you said the art was good as well.
Hah! Bet you didn't realize I actually read the review. :P

Hah! Bet you didn't realize I actually read the review. :P

wait, if you didn't read it, why recommend it?

I do press the Recommend Button right away but afterwards i always read. don't you? o_O

still don't get why you wouldn't have read the review o_o. doesn't everyone?

There are some people that seem to just recommend based off stars sometimes.

still don't get why you wouldn't have read the review o_o. doesn't everyone?

There are some people that seem to just recommend based off stars sometimes.

i have been Guilty of that.

BUT only when I give the Review a 5/5 but then i see 1/5, i'm like whaaaa?

but then i still read on to reply though.

Posted by DecoyElite

@theacidskull: Yeah I don't think anyone doesn't read something and then replies.

Edited by Samimista

Man, this is just pitiful! xD The comic I mean. Your review is superb. =O Definitely know what I'm not buying this month though. Kinda sad to see Snyder like this. 0.0

Thank you Very much sami :D!

Aw your welcome! You really are a fantastic writer. I just find it kinda funny with how this issue seems to be. xD I don't really read comics til usually the 3/4 week of the month now but from what I've seen on the art I do agree with you there. It seems to fit Joker well. =D

Thank you Very much sami :D!

It does! O_O( and thank you for the compliment lil sis)

and it's shame, the story could have been good the art would really compliment it :)

Posted by Samimista

@theacidskull: Why your welcome bro! =D I thought you're younger though? =O Perhaps I am mistaken! 0.0

how old are you? O_O

I'm 17. =O I think you're 16? I know we're close in age though. xD My Birthday's April 2nd.

OH you are older than me :D, yes i am 16. will turn 17 in 2 months :P

OH you are older than me :D, yes i am 16. will turn 17 in 2 months :P

*quickly puts on a white lab coat and grabs a notepad* May I ask when your Birthday is? =O It's for the sake of science! 0.0

Edited by TheAcidSkull

@samimista: You'll make a birthday thread. we don't want that do we :P

Edited by Samimista

@theacidskull: Hehe! You guessed right! xD If you don't want one though that's alright. That means I just make you a present! =D Birthdays are a celebration of life. ^__^

they are. But lets make a game out of it. Guess :P, when was i born :P?

Aw yeah! =D Games are fun. =D So you say two months? =O Sometime in November then. I'm gonna guess early November....November 5th or 6th? =O

Hehe! xD November 14th?

Nope :D. I'll give you a Hint My name second Name is George, it's tied to this Month :P

Hehe! xD November 14th?

November 11th? =O That's also when Lady Gaga's album comes out! 0.0 (At brother's house and bout to do laundry so may reply late soon).

Posted by TheAcidSkull

@samimista: It's Tied to Georgia, the Name George, and November. that's all the hints i can give :P

Posted by Samimista

@theacidskull: I'm gonna start getting to the bottom of this! =O

Posted by dccomicsrule2011

Nice reveiw :P

NOVEMBER 16TH!!!!!!!!!!

oops -- sorry, I got a little excited there....

(great review, heh heh)

NOVEMBER 16TH!!!!!!!!!!

oops -- sorry, I got a little excited there....

(great review, heh heh)

Wrong :), and thanks :D

Grr.

NOVEMBER 5th~

Grr.

NOVEMBER 5th~

Nope. :P, i gave you guys all the Hints i could :P, figurez it out :D

Posted by lykopis

I will marinade in your clues, young man. I will know this date!

@lykopis said:

I will marinade in your clues, young man. I will know this date!

NO YOU WILLZ NOT :D!

Posted by Lvenger

@lykopis: @samimista: It's the 12th of November you two. Make the birthday thread then.

@theacidskull HA caught you out. Blame George XII of Georgia for your serenade by these two on your birthday :P

You, sir -- have won the MAN OF THE YEAR award.

Still wrong. it's Way off too.

One last hint guys......"Saint"

• 73 results