etragedy's Batman #16 - The Joker Reforms review

• etragedy wrote this review on .
  • etragedy has written a total of 1155 reviews. The last one was for Lie to Me
  • This review received 1 comments

Probably not the Alfred You Know and Love

It turns out that Bruce Wayne's father had a butler named Jarvis. His son, Alfred, on a promise to his father, comes to America to be the next butler at Wayne Manor. But no sooner does he get off the boat then he becomes embroiled in intrigue which leads (of course) to him discovering the Dynamic Duo's secret identity.

While i don't really dislike Alfred's first appearance; this chubby, bumbling, busy-body is hardly the Alfred most of us have come to know and like.
Posted by CrazyScarecrow

Nice review! I agree with you. The original Alfred is pretty weird when viewed by modern readers though it really is interesting how the character evolved.