cobaltarchangel's Batman #13 - Knock, Knock; Tease review

• cobaltarchangel wrote this review on .

Knock Knock Who's There?

Admittedly I was worried that the "Death of the Family" event was over hyped and I was especially worried that Zack Snyder would do his over stressing of the Joker's letters but after reading Batman #13 my fears have been quelled. I have absolute faith in Zack Snyder to create an epic Joker tale that we will be discussing for years to come. The story is riveting and Im hooked even more than the "Court of Owls" event! Im a firm believer that the Joker should only be used sparingly and saved for the best writers inorder to keep the Joker legacy especially after The Dark Knight. While his entrance was entertaining ,albeit a complete horror cliche as he picked of Gotham's finest one by one with ease, what I really enjoyed were the nods to several major Joker stories such as the Killing Joke, A Death in the Family, and The Man Who Laughs. As I stated in my forum post "Who Could Die in the Death of the Family" Im worried that Alfred may be another of the Jokers many victims especially after the final panels in Batman #13. Overall I believe we are in for one memorable event and one that could possibly shake the Bat-family for years. I give this Issue a 5 out of 5.