Four Developments From BATGIRL #0

• 68 results
#51 Posted by warpgirl (52 posts) - - Show Bio

man I wish I was not on an android so I could reply to hyenascar directly. I have every right to express my opinion as you do and every other user on this site. You tell me to go away... I have one response...

Make Me

#52 Edited by Apis (83 posts) - - Show Bio

Ooh the joy of Retcon: Make wholesale changes to everything when only a tweek would do the job. Sorry I forgot its not a retcon it's a new universe where things just happen differently.

#53 Posted by sofiax (3 posts) - - Show Bio

@Loise, you make $27h...good for you! I make up to $85h working from home. My story is that I quit working at shoprite to work online and with a little effort I easily bring in around $45h to $85h…heres a good example of what i'm doing, Red97.com

#54 Posted by VioletPhoenix (305 posts) - - Show Bio

It's the timeline, it is so problematic, a very short timespan for A LOT of things, condenses events and erases others while winging explanations mostly. If the timeline had been say..6 or 7 years instead of 5, they'd have a lot more leeway.

#55 Posted by Judge_Dredd (149 posts) - - Show Bio

After seeing what was done to Catwoman's character in her #0, Batgirl's here is like a beautiful breath of fresh air. If only Catwoman had it so good.

#56 Posted by Wowlock (236 posts) - - Show Bio

All I can say is that compare to the Pre-52...new Barbara is a shallow of her former-self. She was so much more than just another ''Bat''. I mean I can go as far as comparing her to Batwing now...

Her previous history was so rich...I can't seem to accept the new one anymore more than ''character devolvation '' ... Sad but true. Also, R.I.P Birds of Prey the old we know and love.

#57 Edited by Godlike130 (33 posts) - - Show Bio

About development 3, theres more on that in the bio at the end of Nightwing 0. It says, "When Batgirl hit the scene, she and Robin became very close friends and flirted with the possibly of a romance, but it never materialized much to Batgirl's chagrin"

So basically its the same as it was before they started to actually date as Oracle and Nightwing. Its funny though that they felt his and Babs status was something that they needed to put in his bio.

#58 Posted by BatWatch (2812 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't particularly disagree with you on any points, , but it seems to me that there is still room for all of these things. Barbara still could have worked as Oracle and have a relationship with Dick (though there is a possible age problem there).

She definitely had a Bat Suit in this issue, but I never thought it was one she took home with her. It is still perfectly possible (and I would say likely) that Barbara designed her own suit.

Also, Batman patting Barbara on the back for taking down criminals hardly means he is endorsing her as a protege or fellow crime fighter.

One of the things I liked most about Batgirl #0 is that it did not tread on Batgirl Year One...however, you seem more familiar with the story than I am, so maybe you caught a lot of things I did not. Still, in my mind, this happened and Year One happened shortly thereafter.

#59 Posted by BecauseISaidSo (100 posts) - - Show Bio

So if there was no Oracle then she was always Batgirl and nobody else took the mantle. Also they're saying that the Killing Joke did happen but Babs was like "meh" for 3 years in her wheelchair...not even to help stop crime??? Now that I look back if there was no Oracle then there was no Birds of Prey with Huntress and Black Canary. That really sucks because I loved how she helped Stephanie Brown become the new Batgirl and for Wendy getting her life back on track. I'm all for new ideas but this...this is just taking 2 steps back. I also hated the fact that they're going with she got her outfit instead of creating it, that's like buying a costume instead of feeling the pride of making your own outfit. Other than that it's a shame that there is no development to her character persona.

#60 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I didn't want her to go back to being Batgirl in the first place. She was cooler as Oracle. So, whatever.

#61 Posted by jesusdisciple001 (546 posts) - - Show Bio

yep only 4

#62 Posted by Maysaa (2 posts) - - Show Bio

This was an interesting article! Indeed there has been clear changes. But change isn't always bad. We can still treasure the old origin and discover the new one :) As long she stays Oracle, otherwise my whole world would turn upside down!

#63 Posted by Joe_Amazing (103 posts) - - Show Bio

@X9 said:

Ahh, I'm so freaking tired of fans' whimper... GET OVER IT!

Batgirl #0 was a good issue and, for God's sake, it's NEW 52, we don't wanna read the same stories over and over again....

Barbara will have like 20 years to establish herself as Batgirl again and to develop her relationship with Dick and other Bat Family members. JUST WAIT AND STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT EVERY SINGLE THING YOU READ. If you don't like it, then DON'T read it ¬¬

(sorry for the capital letters, but, really, they were necessary)

Until DC decides to re-revamp this New 52 in favor of a New New 52 in a couple of years. Then you'll get to feel the same revulsion many of us feel over this horrid reboot. And when that glorious day comes, you and all of the other Pro-52ers will come to us and say those three little words....

"You were right."

And we...will be vindicated.

#64 Posted by X9 (766 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, come on, these characters have been rebooted a thousand times!

They're fictitious, they're meant to last forever, rebooting is part of the thing.

Why don't you guys just take it easy? It's only the beggining of the New 52, there's still so much to happen.

To be really honest, I do hope there will be a New New 52 someday. And then a New New New 52. Otherwise the stories get so confusing and big that people stop reading it and new readers just can't keep up. As I said, it's part of the whole thing.

You're probably into comic books for longer than I, you should've figured that out by now... ¬¬

#65 Posted by PapaPoison (4 posts) - - Show Bio

So let me get this straight...

1. Oracle, the coolest incarnation of Babs never existed
  2. Tim Drake, who was my favorite Robin, was never a Robin
  3. Steph and Cass have never existed
  4. Batman has only been around for 10 years

Welp, DC has destroyed most everything I loved about the extended Bat family. At least Dick is still cool -_-

#66 Posted by darthfury78 (913 posts) - - Show Bio

The problem with the constant reboots is that it looses its meaning. I never know why DC chose to do it in the first place. Crisis on Infinite Earths was something that should not have happened either. And look where that led to: A very big mess that took almost 25 years to sort itself out until they decided to come out with DC's new 52. Now Marvel wants to do the same as well just to get more kids to by their confusing garbage. At least Image Comics has stayed the course. But I wished that Jim Lee never sold Wildstorm to DC Comics as I miss the old Gen 13 and Wildcats. He should have left it alone as an independent company.

#67 Posted by Sinestro2828 (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthfury78 said:

The problem with the constant reboots is that it looses its meaning. I never know why DC chose to do it in the first place. Crisis on Infinite Earths was something that should not have happened either. And look where that led to: A very big mess that took almost 25 years to sort itself out until they decided to come out with DC's new 52. Now Marvel wants to do the same as well just to get more kids to by their confusing garbage. At least Image Comics has stayed the course. But I wished that Jim Lee never sold Wildstorm to DC Comics as I miss the old Gen 13 and Wildcats. He should have left it alone as an independent company.

The wildstorm & Vertigo characters don't seem to mesh well with DC in my opinion as well. Especially "Helspont" and his "Daemonites," I mean, actual demons exist in DC, so aliens with hellish themed names kinda seems silly and unnecessary. What species would call itself Daemonite?

#68 Posted by Sinestro2828 (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

@BecauseISaidSo said:

So if there was no Oracle then she was always Batgirl and nobody else took the mantle. Also they're saying that the Killing Joke did happen but Babs was like "meh" for 3 years in her wheelchair...not even to help stop crime??? Now that I look back if there was no Oracle then there was no Birds of Prey with Huntress and Black Canary. That really sucks because I loved how she helped Stephanie Brown become the new Batgirl and for Wendy getting her life back on track. I'm all for new ideas but this...this is just taking 2 steps back. I also hated the fact that they're going with she got her outfit instead of creating it, that's like buying a costume instead of feeling the pride of making your own outfit. Other than that it's a shame that there is no development to her character persona.

I agree wholeheartedly. Personally, I always liked Cassandra better than Stephanie, BUT, having Babs return to the Batgirl persona & erasing both of her successors from DC history is a serious step backwards. Babs hasn't been Batgirl for YEARS and she still continued to be popular BECAUSE of her skills as a superhero info broker as well as the Birds of Prey leader. Her becoming mentor to the next gen Batgirls also made perfect sense & increased her street cred. I realize finding an excuse to keep her chair bound in a world full of super science & sorcery was difficult, but they could have thought of something, PLUS, she was a role model for disabled people in real life, taking names and kicking ass WITHOUT her legs. Oracle was awesome, her place in the DC universe was important & unique, she did not need to be Batgirl again to be cool...Not to mention, she's a grown woman last I checked unless they de-aged her to teenager status, bit old to call herself Batgirl again, & there's already a Batwoman on the block.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.