Is This the Batcave?(pre 52)

  • 53 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there anyone on this site who is a batman expert?

#3 Posted by Strider92 (16509 posts) - - Show Bio

I think its the pre-52 Bat-cave but i'm not a Bat expert so I could be wrong.

#4 Posted by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

I think its the pre-52 Bat-cave but i'm not a Bat expert so I could be wrong.

Thanks for the input.

#5 Posted by cameron83 (7350 posts) - - Show Bio

yes it is pre new 52 batcave

#6 Posted by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: @cameron83: I thought there was a library and training area in the batcave, though.

#7 Posted by Army2442 (1745 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd:it varies depending on the comic.

#8 Posted by SmashBrawler (5747 posts) - - Show Bio

That is actually the Pre-Cataclysm Batcave. A lot of changes came after the earthquake. This would be the most recent Pre-52 Batcave (which I'm guessing is pretty similar to the Post-52 one)

#9 Posted by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler: I thought the batcave had a library in it.

#10 Posted by SmashBrawler (5747 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd: I don't know, this is what DC officially released in Batman #700. Maybe he got rid of it? I haven't seen it lately.

#11 Edited by War Killer (20213 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxxddd said:

@SmashBrawler: I thought the batcave had a library in it.

He went digital with all of his books. :P
 
But here's the New 52 Batcave from Batman #1, which looks very close to what SmashBrawler posted so I'd say those were the most recent design of the cave currently.
#12 Edited by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler: @War Killer: I feel like a noob asking these questions....

1. I thought Batman only had one batmobile, why does he have several?

2. And where is the digital library located?

3. Do you have pics of the sublevels that aren't pictured?(smashbrawler)

#13 Posted by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

@Army2442: batcave is a awesome command center, isn't it?

#14 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd said:

1. I thought Batman only had one batmobile, why does he have several?

They've shown Batman to have several Batmobiles (on hand) over the years. It makes more sense then him fixing the same one over and over and over again :P

(Fun fact: New 52 Batman is experimenting with a new high tech contact lens that theoretically allows him to take the Batcave with him)

Moderator
#15 Posted by War Killer (20213 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxxddd said:

@SmashBrawler: @War Killer: I feel like a noob asking these questions....

1. I thought Batman only had one batmobile, why does he have several?

2. And where is the digital library located?

3. Do you have pics of the sublevels that aren't pictured?(smashbrawler)

Dude, it's cool. That's what sites like Comic Vine are for, to inform people about things in comics that they may not know about. There's nothing wrong with asking questions.
 
1. Over the years Batman has developed different version of the Batmobile, which is why he has a large collection of them.
 
2. I was partly joking about the digital library, he might have one, I just don't know for sure. As for his regular library, I'm pretty sure Wayne Manor has it's own library, which Bruce can obviously access at any time. Whether or not there's a library in the Batcave though, I do not know.
#16 Edited by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler said:

(Fun fact: New 52 Batman is experimenting with a new high tech contact lens that theoretically allows him to take the Batcave with him)

Comicbook source(s)?

It's not that I don't believe you, it's just that I find that to be quite ridiculous.

@War Killer said:

Whether or not there's a library in the Batcave though, I do not know.

There is.

In this pic, if you view it on a new tab and enlarge the image, read under section 1(not pictured): "contains library, crime lab, guest quarters, containment cell."

Is this just a outline?(and thus no specific pics of the sublevels)

#17 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd: Batman #1

Moderator
#18 Posted by GillaDro (249 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't remember ever seeing a library in the batcave

#19 Posted by Army2442 (1745 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd:I prefer the fortress of solitude.

#20 Posted by SmashBrawler (5747 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd said:

@SmashBrawler:

3. Do you have pics of the sublevels that aren't pictured?(smashbrawler)

I don't think there's any pics of those sublevels. Batman used to have Jason's memorial in a sublevel, but that only lasted for one issue, so I'm not sure if that story's even canon now.

#21 Posted by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

@GillaDro said:

I don't remember ever seeing a library in the batcave

@xxxddd said:

There is.

In this pic, if you view it on a new tab and enlarge the image, read under section 1(not pictured): "contains library, crime lab, guest quarters, containment cell."

@Army2442 said:

@xxxddd:I prefer the fortress of solitude.

Why is that?

@SmashBrawler said:

I don't think there's any pics of those sublevels. Batman used to have Jason's memorial in a sublevel, but that only lasted for one issue, so I'm not sure if that story's even canon now.

To you and everyone else here, thanks for the input.

#22 Posted by Army2442 (1745 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd:I like it more because it looks cooler and has better tech (the negative zone teleporter, Kryptonian tech).

#23 Posted by SmashBrawler (5747 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd said:

@SmashBrawler said:

I don't think there's any pics of those sublevels. Batman used to have Jason's memorial in a sublevel, but that only lasted for one issue, so I'm not sure if that story's even canon now.

To you and everyone else here, thanks for the input.

No problem, glad I helped.

#24 Posted by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

@Army2442 said:

@xxxddd:I like it more because it looks cooler and has better tech (the negative zone teleporter, Kryptonian tech).

How would you get to it without superpowers?

#25 Posted by Army2442 (1745 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd said:

@Army2442 said:

@xxxddd:I like it more because it looks cooler and has better tech (the negative zone teleporter, Kryptonian tech).

How would you get to it without superpowers?

If he leaves the door unlocked.

#26 Posted by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

@Army2442: Isn't there a key?

all star superman reference.

#27 Posted by TDK_1997 (14896 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler said:

That is actually the Pre-Cataclysm Batcave. A lot of changes came after the earthquake. This would be the most recent Pre-52 Batcave (which I'm guessing is pretty similar to the Post-52 one)

#28 Posted by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler said:

That is actually the Pre-Cataclysm Batcave. A lot of changes came after the earthquake. This would be the most recent Pre-52 Batcave (which I'm guessing is pretty similar to the Post-52 one)

Do you have the other pictures?

#29 Posted by SmashBrawler (5747 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd said:

Do you have the other pictures?

Those were all the pictures. And answering your question in my wall: I wouldn't consider myself a master Batman expert, but I'm fairly knowledgeable, if you have any question ask 'em anyway.

#30 Posted by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler: You mean the sublevels that aren't pictured don't have pictures.

Where did you get those images from?

#31 Posted by SmashBrawler (5747 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd: Those Batcave pics come from Batman #700.

#32 Posted by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler: This one?

#33 Posted by SmashBrawler (5747 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd: Yup.

#34 Posted by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler: Off topic, but who drew those pics?

#35 Posted by SmashBrawler (5747 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd: The Batcave ones? According to the credits, Freddie E. Williams II

#36 Posted by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler: Another noob question, but why does Batman have a giant penny and t rex?

#37 Posted by SmashBrawler (5747 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd: The penny originally came from a villain named "the Penny Plunderer", but some people think it comes from Two-Face because of a Batman TAS episode (the official original owner is still the Penny Plunderer). The animatronic T-Rex comes from an adventure Batman had in Dinosaur Island (which is currently home to real dinosaurs, but in the Batman story it was only an amusement park).

#38 Edited by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler: So is the trophy room is like a room for souvenirs from each adventure batman has?

#39 Posted by SmashBrawler (5747 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd: Yup. The giant card obviously comes from a fight he had with the Joker, I see a giant Riddler symbol which means he also took a souvenir from that battle and he has a collection of guns and other stuff he has confiscated from villains.

#40 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd: Pre-52...the new52 already modify the COmputer room

#41 Posted by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler: Thanks for helping me out.

#42 Posted by Onemoreposter (4057 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd said:

The cave pictured here was the status quo in the early to mid 90's. You see Harold pictured there at the bottom? He was only operating out of the cave from 1993 to 1995 (roughly) and is the one who put the subway rocket terminal in.

What you have to remember about the Batcave is that it's design is fluid. You'll see it drawn many different ways for no other reason than different artist just interpret the place differently. Same goes for the Batmobile. Heck in any given month you might see four different looking Batmobiles in four different bat titles.

Some of my personal favorites are the Batcave as Imagined by Jim Lee for All Star Batman

and here's the giant Batmobile lift Lee did for Hush (I think it was Hush).

a concept which has been reused since

#43 Edited by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter:

I found more information here.

#44 Posted by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter:

Do you have more pics of this version of the batcave?

#45 Posted by Onemoreposter (4057 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd: No not off hand. Though the style of the batmobiles make me think it's from Grant Morrison's Batman and Robin or around that time period. I'd recommend trying to google just that. Most of the scan I pull are from google images. Generally, using the name of the author or artist who wrote the arc you're trying to draw from as well as the name of the specific item/place your looking for will wield some decent results.

#46 Posted by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter: Just used google images, it was published in Batman #700 and was drawn by J.H. Williams.

#47 Posted by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler:

What is Batman talking about in this picture?

#48 Posted by SmashBrawler (5747 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd: It's from Batman #1. The one talking is Dick Grayson, and I think he was commenting on Batman's new security protocols.

#49 Posted by Sammo21 (696 posts) - - Show Bio

The Batcave doesn't have a 100% fixed form that artists are madnated to draw in the comics. There is a basic, general layout. Hell, remember in Hugh where it looked like the Batcave had about 50 different Batmobiles ready to go at any second? Yeah...There are landmarks we are familiar with and then the rest is just however the artist wants it to be.

#50 Posted by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler said:

and I think he was commenting on Batman's new security protocols.

Which are what?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.