How did Bruce build the cave??

#1 Edited by feargalr (1163 posts) - - Show Bio

I know in the world of comic books sometimes, well a lot of the time.. well almost the time.. you need to take things with a pinch of salt... but this was kinda addressed at the end of batman begins where Alfred was like "Lets strengthen the foundations in the east wing" or some jazz like that... but like how could Bruce Wayne actually construct this cave without some serious manpower???? He can hardly just say to the builders "ya put an elevator down the caves under my house and kit the place out for a war against crime.. sound" Of course there are certain elements of it he can do himself, but then again sometimes just require several people to do, no way around it.

I know this doesn't really matter.. but has it ever been addressed?

#2 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

@feargalr: Well, if he can evade the likes of Darkseid, I think he can hammer a few nails :P

My own curiousity is how they rebuilt it after the earthquake....

#3 Posted by feargalr (1163 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet: Construction and fighting new gods are 2 completely different skill sets......

Thats actually an even better point! , I can't wait to see how Christopher Nolan addresses it in DKR.... if he does

#4 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

from what i understand, he either

A. paid workers to work on it (kept his identity invisible and just let them work)

or

B. had a guy (forget his name, he was in hush) who was really smart, build it all

#5 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

1 - Jamie Madrox

2 - Shovels

3 - Blank Check

#6 Posted by HughJass (375 posts) - - Show Bio

Clark Kent.

#7 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@WarMachineMarkV said:

1 - Jamie Madrox

2 - Shovels

3 - Blank Check

Best.
#8 Edited by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

Robots

Edit wait this is Batman.....Bat Bots

#9 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: like

#10 Posted by feargalr (1163 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: To be honest I just figured thats why Bruce keeps buying orphans... cheap labour

#11 Posted by 218Comics (191 posts) - - Show Bio

Easy, $$$. With that much money, building a cave should prove quite easy peasy lemon squeezey.

#12 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet said:

My own curiousity is how they rebuilt it after the earthquake....

Plot device.

#13 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

It was these guys, and they want their money now !

#14 Posted by JPWolf5 (67 posts) - - Show Bio

@feargalr: Well one way would be to use dummy companies to order supplies; have whats every part from elevators to steel grated walkway prefabbed and assemble them in the location; use heavy equipment rented or purchased through the dummy companies to assemble prefabbed parts; if steel prefabbed components and concrete is used one man could (with heavy equipment) finish structure that takes up 1,000 sq foot area within a year while only putting in an 80 hours a week. It takes a crew of 50-60 men working 40 hours a week with heavy equipment only 6 month to build a build the size of a Wal-Mart using prefabbing techniques.

#15 Posted by feargalr (1163 posts) - - Show Bio

@JPWolf5 said:

@feargalr: Well one way would be to use dummy companies to order supplies; have whats every part from elevators to steel grated walkway prefabbed and assemble them in the location; use heavy equipment rented or purchased through the dummy companies to assemble prefabbed parts; if steel prefabbed components and concrete is used one man could (with heavy equipment) finish structure that takes up 1,000 sq foot area within a year while only putting in an 80 hours a week. It takes a crew of 50-60 men working 40 hours a week with heavy equipment only 6 month to build a build the size of a Wal-Mart using prefabbing techniques.

Hmmm. Thats not a bad explanation. I tip my hat to you sir/madam.

#16 Posted by Paracelsus (1716 posts) - - Show Bio

He didn't build it-he just expanded its size(being careful not to disturb the foundations of Wayne Manor of course).

Terry

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.