Follow

Bat-Suit

Object » Bat-Suit appears in 3869 issues.

The Dark Knight's famed costume. The original version was a nomex survival suit woven with Kevlar and reinforced steel rivets. It has since evolved with numerous different incarnations - each often suited for a specific purpose or mission.

Im trying to make ACTUAL BATMAN suit that can actually protect th

• 58 results
    Troublemaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Troublemaker

yes im trying to make a version of the batsuit but not really a batsuit, lol let me explain i love super heroes my favorite are batman, red hood (jason todd) and punisher, and i want to make one suit that resembles all of them combined, now the tricky thing is that i want it to be a REAL "FUNCTIONING" SUIT, i want to make the suit light and flexible enough that a parkour guy can use it to run around doing flips, i want to make it also good against impact so if the guy inside the suit gets jump or falls down he wont break a bone or atleast suffer less injuries, i aslo want to make it bullet and stab proof, i want to make the upper body of the suit look like the upperbody of this suit http://bthecave.runboard.com/p12859 , i want to make a mask that looks like red hood's actual mask and i want to add a light but great bullet proof vest that also is stab proof, now i was thinking of what real material i could make the upperbody suit and i thought of d3o (except paint it black) d3o could be use to make the upperbody where i can mold the suit to have believable muscles (which i do have since ive done p90x 9 months lol) just like in the batman begins suit, d3o is rubber looking material that becomes hard when hit, i also want to make the mask of this same material but just paint it red so it looks like red hoods mask so it acts also as a helmet, i would like to add a bullet proof vest that is also stab proof http://www.israel-catalog.com/military-outdoor-gear/concealable-body-armor/concealed-bulletproof-and-stab-proof-vest (just paint it black) and wear some d3o for the lower body protection with some black flame resistant jeans, i want to make the suit good enough where a swat officer could use it aswell or atleast a regular police officer would feel secure at all times, i have money that ill be willing to spend and have a lot of free time for this project, so what do you think? please give some more ideas and tell me how this all sound and i want to see if i could just make my owned vest out of spidersilk (way stronger than kevlar) and liquid armor (best to make clothing stab proof) but it might be way to expensive so idk lol but overall what do you think?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Good luck, buddy.

eippihrellik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By eippihrellik

you should make it using carbon fiber really durable material

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By minigunman123

I hear magic works well.

GillaDro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GillaDro

I suggest not trying to be Batman. And watch out for the Feds.

Avatar image for killer_of_trolls
    Killer_of_trolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Killer_of_trolls

@Troublemaker said:

i want to make the suit good enough where a swat officer could use it aswell or atleast a regular police officer would feel secure at all times

from what I understand, you're making this functional and efficient.

Are you from Israel? because if you really think you got something new here, I could maybe pull some string, for you to sell it if you want.

Troublemaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Troublemaker

@minigunman123: lol that comment made me laugh but i dont see whats so unbelivable about it? i mean im not trying to make some "NEW" technology to make the suit, all im doing is using current technology to make this suit as light weight and that can protect someone from being hurt, as matter a fact here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiq2Hxl5zx4 all i would have to do is mold it into the batman begins torso to give it that cool armor look and for bullet proof vest and stab proof vest already exist combined, but please tell whats so far fetched about it?

Troublemaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Troublemaker

@eippihrellik: im afraid it might be to heavy

Avatar image for 7am_waking_up_in_the_morning
    7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope your name is Tony Stark. You can probably make the suit better than Bruce Wayne.

PurpleCandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PurpleCandy

@JediXMan said:

Good luck, buddy.

@Troublemaker:

Oh yeah and saying your going to be a vigilante who goes out at night dressed up like a Bat to fight crime isn't exactly something you admit, after all most of the cops hate Batman no matter what he does.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Pyrogram

I have seen an actual one, but with a 45 thousands pounds price tag ( like 60 thousands dollars ) per suite. Yer, nobody's buying that.

Troublemaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Troublemaker

@PurpleCandy: im not saying im going out to fight crime lol i just want to create a suit that could be used for that purpose, im a big superheroe fan specially of the type that have no powers and i always wanted to create a suit that is efficicent and now i have a good job thats pays real good (i could go on vacation evry 2 months if i wanted and still be alright) and now i have the money and time to do it, so thats why plus it be like a hobby plus its not a real batsuit what im creating its something along those lines though

Troublemaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Troublemaker

@Killer_of_trolls: yea i am and im not israeli or ever lived in israel and what strings would you be able to pull?

Killer_of_trolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Killer_of_trolls

@Troublemaker: aw, too bad T-T could have brought you to demonstrate to some big names in either army or police, and your product could have been mass produced for purposes you stated( preferably police over army though :b ). I have connections to some people.

I can't do anything if your outside Israel though, sorry. Hope your idea becomes of good use, just loose the cape and bat theme if your welling to make buisness out of it.

Oh, and I think I found the material you were looking for: http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/03/nanomuscle/ Strong as diamond, and flexable as rubber. you said money isn't an issue.

also, if your willing to add a bit of an ironman thing, here is a 100 grand Jetpack, you won't get-em any cheaper than that. It's a company called Martin Jetpack. but your gonna have to wait 2 years for that. I just thought you would be interested. go to there site http://martinjetpack.com/commercial-enquries.aspx

Troublemaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Troublemaker

@Killer_of_trolls: thanx i did look into nanotubes tech but its yet not available and there still running test thats why i mentioned d3o (not as good as nano tech but its the next best thing)

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#16  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

@GillaDro said:

I suggest not trying to be Batman. And watch out for the Feds.
    eippihrellik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By eippihrellik

@Troublemaker: nah carbon fiber is very light i build guitars and i use it for truss rods and solid carbon fiber is very light so the thin layer you would need to make a suit wouldnt be that heavy at all

Troublemaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Troublemaker

@eippihrellik: yea but isnt it very hard which minimixes mobility and doesnt allow someone to be as flexible? plus being that its hard, it can probably break

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By Aiden Cross

Big task, but you can do anything you put your mind to ^_^ Good luck man! If it ever gets finished be sure to show us the results =)

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@minigunman123 said:

I hear magic works well.

Don't encourage him.

eippihrellik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By eippihrellik

@Troublemaker: carbon fiber is one of the most durable substances on earth so it wont be breaking but it is very hard and i don't know how easy it is to mold

RoyHarperBLOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RoyHarperBLOW

@Troublemaker: I heard to do this you need to be a billionaire playboy who never runs out of money in his life who has a vendetta against crime because his parents were murdered by a thug and have a big billion dollar company in which you have someone who gives you the latest technology and have a loyal butler who never dies and can do anything for you.

Yeah Good Luck with that.

Yai_Inn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Yai_Inn

Myth Busters say bedliner can work wonders.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By minigunman123

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@minigunman123 said:

I hear magic works well.

Don't encourage him.

Teehee!

OP, there's no suit that will be light, flexible, mobile, and be completely bullet and knife proof. It's simply not possible.

What is slightly plausible is a suit like the one from The Dark Knight, which is heavy, a little bulky (but not too bad), and protects from lighter caliber rounds and maybe shotguns, and blunt objects. However even then, it wouldn't do well against high powered rifles, as metal is a sub-optimal armoring against modern weapons; ceramics are where it's at. Kevlar also does not equal invulnerable. If you have a kevlar vest, there are still plenty of gun calibers and weapons and bullet types that could go through it, and if not that, the blunt trauma could kill organs, break ribs, or leave you incapable of performing well for a long time through at the very least bruises and welts.

There is NO material to make a bat-suit out of, and if there was, it'd be expensive as hell, and it would be reserved for the best of the best in the special forces, and not be publicly available. Basically you're asking for a moderately thick fabric-type material that can block sharp objects, won't tear, and will harden when struck, so that blunt trauma is minimized entirely, and isn't expensive. That simply does not exist. There are always drawbacks and compromises, and due to this fact, armor has to be designed to be generalized and modular so that everyone who WILL be using it, CAN use it, and the armor will do what it's supposed to do without having too many significant drawbacks in too many areas.

Example:

The army uses large ceramic plates to protect vital areas of the body. These plates are light in density, extraordinarily durable, and cheap; however they are thick, large, and probably uncomfortable. These plates absorb much of the shock of bullet rounds, and prevent virtually any anti-personnel rifle or handgun from penetrating and killing the user, unless there's a mechanical defect in the plate. It will not protect people from being turned into paste from large explosions (nothing short of an armored vehicle or building would do that).

You're looking into a field that has hundreds of thousands of highly educated, highly experienced scientists and engineers looking at it every day. You're unlikely to build anything usable by a large organization as protective armor for most of it's employees.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By minigunman123

@eippihrellik said:

@Troublemaker: carbon fiber is one of the most durable substances on earth so it wont be breaking but it is very hard and i don't know how easy it is to mold

Carbon fiber is completely incapable of protecting anyone from anything.

Why?

It's flexible.

This means all the blunt trauma and force of any impact would still go into the person; bones would still break. Organs would still die. You'd still feel massive pain, the only difference is the bullet/knife isn't going through you, it's pounding on your flesh; all the force that would've been used to go out of your body as quickly as possible, is being used to hammer on your body like a truck falling on a piston on top of your body.

Seriously. Look into ceramics. They're the only way to reliably protect people from bullets in gun-fights involving powerful weapons. Weak handguns can still kill you if you're wearing only kevlar padded armor due to blunt trauma; unarmored, a .22 longrifle round will kill a person if shot accurately (though if any gun is shot inaccurately, it might not even HIT you, so we have to assume the shooter is accurate, otherwise the armor will not be tested against worst-casescenarios), and it's one of the weakest cartridges around.

Guns are no joking matter. Flexible, soft material will not protect you adequately.

eippihrellik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By eippihrellik

@minigunman123: well of course its not protecting you from bullets but it can protect you from blunt force they use carbon fiber to make cars dude but im not saying its gonna stop a bullet

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By minigunman123

@eippihrellik said:

@minigunman123: well of course its not protecting you from bullets but it can protect you from blunt force they use carbon fiber to make cars dude but im not saying its gonna stop a bullet

A car wreck is so vastly different from being shot with a bullet...

A car wreck is massive, massive blunt trauma to another car (or object or person, as the case may be). It pulverizes and crushes things. It does not pierce anything. Carbon fiber is very shatter resistant, so it is useful in cars, because when cars hit things, things break; it's best to minimize the things that break in such an event. This is why it is used.

If used in the context of a suit of armor...

It will do absolutely nothing. It might stop knives in some areas. But it won't block any blunt trauma, and it won't prevent bullet penetration from most guns and cartridges. If it does, you'll still have massive pain and knockback from being shot and having the full force of the bullet impact go into your body.

Carbon fiber armor is a bad idea. Don't do it. You'll die. I've studied this extensively over the last few months... I've studied many materials. I even have patent ideas. I am telling you with 100% certainty, carbon fiber will not make effective armor by itself. You need hard, durable materials to protect you from modern weaponry.

Troublemaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Troublemaker

@minigunman123: i know its impossible to create that type of suit that can protect you from 100% of all harm and i know having bulky equipment is better for protection but it can also be more harmfull in the aspects that you have less mobility and are slower, i also know making the WHOLE suit bullet stab proof is highly impossible and i know theres no such things as spandex like materials that can stick perfectly to you and that hardens when its hit but we do have something knows as of know d3o which is a rubber like material that hardens on impact to take some of that impact, here is a preview of what d3o can look like and what it can do ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiq2Hxl5zx4 ) my thinking is since is shares the same properties as rubber when not hit them that must mean i can mold it to a paticular body to have a armor for the whole body and also make the mask out of d3o since it hardens as impacted and deflects the energy away from you (not all but a lot of it) which can serve as a helmet against punches and hits to the head and for the bullet proof vest and stab proof vest, i know a combination of those vest have already been created and i know its not sniper proof, shotgun proof and they might not take more than 3 shots from a handgun but the point of being flexible and having mobility is to be able to get away while not suffering much damage while for the blunt trauma suffered may be reduced by the d3o under the vest, now i know theres some flaws im going to have to work on but ITS NOT IMPOSSIBLE

Aero_gt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Aero_gt

Are you trying to be a real life superhero? If so I would suggest being a cop, fireman, paramedic, soldier, agent, or even a forest ranger. The only way to be a superhero in life is by having money+peak physical health+ street smarts+ book smarts+will. You need to know your city well, know the gauge of it's citizens, know where cameras are as you change from hero to civilian, a base or bases, train regularly, knowledge of some kinds of martiap arts. I'd suggest Krav Maga since people will use weapon from time to time, also maybe some parkour to flee. Also you will be a vigilante and arrested on sight so be sure to mind your one's and two's. I don't condone actually doing this, but if you must, then take these tips.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By Rumble Man

@Troublemaker: nanotubes and choham

eippihrellik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By eippihrellik

@minigunman123: i wast saying it wouldnt stop bullets in fact a said the opposite i didnt think it could stop bullets nor did i imply that it would make you invulnerable to anything in anyway i was jsut saying it was very durable and strong

Killer_of_trolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Killer_of_trolls

@Aero_gt: I love how didn't read one word after the OP.

jonEsherfey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#33  Edited By jonEsherfey

That is a lot of work. You would have better luck with a Batman Halloween costume.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By minigunman123

@Troublemaker said:

@minigunman123: i know its impossible to create that type of suit that can protect you from 100% of all harm and i know having bulky equipment is better for protection but it can also be more harmfull in the aspects that you have less mobility and are slower, i also know making the WHOLE suit bullet stab proof is highly impossible and i know theres no such things as spandex like materials that can stick perfectly to you and that hardens when its hit but we do have something knows as of know d3o which is a rubber like material that hardens on impact to take some of that impact, here is a preview of what d3o can look like and what it can do ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiq2Hxl5zx4 ) my thinking is since is shares the same properties as rubber when not hit them that must mean i can mold it to a paticular body to have a armor for the whole body and also make the mask out of d3o since it hardens as impacted and deflects the energy away from you (not all but a lot of it) which can serve as a helmet against punches and hits to the head and for the bullet proof vest and stab proof vest, i know a combination of those vest have already been created and i know its not sniper proof, shotgun proof and they might not take more than 3 shots from a handgun but the point of being flexible and having mobility is to be able to get away while not suffering much damage while for the blunt trauma suffered may be reduced by the d3o under the vest, now i know theres some flaws im going to have to work on but ITS NOT IMPOSSIBLE

Best comment on the video, I thought it was funny:

http://prntscr.com/gs6jh

This sort of stuff is cool but it won't protect against any kind of projectile weapon. It won't take a handgun bullet based on what I saw. It's not a good idea for armor in any kind of armed service. It might work well for some things, that video was actually pretty interesting; but for people in combat involving guns, or knives, it definitely won't block any bullets at all, and it might not block knives. You suggested SWAT, police and army, I think? It wouldn't work for any of those guys. Yes, it might be light weight and flexible; but the only thing it might be useful for is some padding when you're planning on going in a raid via rappelling down from a rooftop or helicopter. While that might be an extremely useful purpose for it, it is not a substance that should be used as combat-oriented armor.

I do applaud your ability in finding this though. Until now I'd never heard of this substance. It looks pretty cool, like stiffer silly putty :P

Troublemaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Troublemaker

@minigunman123: thanx and im not saying using it for the purpose of stopping a bullet, I KNOW IT WONT STOP A BULLET OR STAB but it would help against strikes from people and some bad falls i would obviously try to protect the chest and stomach area with a bullet proof vest that is also stab proof, im not trying to make the whole body bullet proof, just the chest, stomach and back area, and the d3o would help minimixe the blunt trauma under the vest but now that you seen the material that i plan on using for the rest of the body to protect against strikes, does it seem more possible to have it look something like the batman begins torso even if you have to still wear a kevlar vest that also happens to be stab proof (here is an example of that vest that is both stab and bullet proof http://www.israel-catalog.com/military-outdoor-gear/concealable-body-armor/concealed-bulletproof-and-stab-proof-vest ) i know that vest doesnt have ceramic so it wont protect against rifles but it can protect against handguns and then again very little trauma would be felt since you'll have the d3o suit under (think of d3o as a shocks in your car and the vest as the tires in your car)

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By minigunman123

@Troublemaker: I still don't know. It would limit mobility a lot by having two layers of armor, one being thick putty-like stuff, and another being either kevlar or light armor plating. It sounds like a bad idea to mix multiple materials like this.

Troublemaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Troublemaker

@minigunman123: i dont think the puddy-like material would really stop that much mobility if i dont cover the whole joints with it (instead of covering the whole back knee and knee cap, ill just cover the knee cap so it wont restrain that much movement, same goes with wrists, elbows and shoulder, ill only cover the parts most exposed to not lose that mobility)

Vouile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Vouile

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@minigunman123 said:

I hear magic works well.

Don't encourage him.

Ouch that hurts. X_X

@Troublemaker said:

yes im trying to make a version of the batsuit but not really a batsuit, lol let me explain i love super heroes my favorite are batman, red hood (jason todd) and punisher, and i want to make one suit that resembles all of them combined, now the tricky thing is that i want it to be a REAL "FUNCTIONING" SUIT, i want to make the suit light and flexible enough that a parkour guy can use it to run around doing flips, i want to make it also good against impact so if the guy inside the suit gets jump or falls down he wont break a bone or atleast suffer less injuries, i aslo want to make it bullet and stab proof, i want to make the upper body of the suit look like the upperbody of this suit http://bthecave.runboard.com/p12859 , i want to make a mask that looks like red hood's actual mask and i want to add a light but great bullet proof vest that also is stab proof, now i was thinking of what real material i could make the upperbody suit and i thought of d3o (except paint it black) d3o could be use to make the upperbody where i can mold the suit to have believable muscles (which i do have since ive done p90x 9 months lol) just like in the batman begins suit, d3o is rubber looking material that becomes hard when hit, i also want to make the mask of this same material but just paint it red so it looks like red hoods mask so it acts also as a helmet, i would like to add a bullet proof vest that is also stab proof http://www.israel-catalog.com/military-outdoor-gear/concealable-body-armor/concealed-bulletproof-and-stab-proof-vest (just paint it black) and wear some d3o for the lower body protection with some black flame resistant jeans, i want to make the suit good enough where a swat officer could use it aswell or atleast a regular police officer would feel secure at all times, i have money that ill be willing to spend and have a lot of free time for this project, so what do you think? please give some more ideas and tell me how this all sound and i want to see if i could just make my owned vest out of spidersilk (way stronger than kevlar) and liquid armor (best to make clothing stab proof) but it might be way to expensive so idk lol but overall what do you think?

All my tips to you is to:

Be careful

You're creating a Batman suit here. You know what it requires... >.<

Always keep going on your task

Don't give up if you're absolutely confident in making it! Have faith bro'!

But all I can tell you bro' is that it requires a lot of money and effort, at least to what I assume.

Good luck!

Vouile.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#39  Edited By Loki9876

Are you rich? If I was rich I would also make a suit.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#40  Edited By Billy Batson

What :|

BB

DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By DocFatalis

Work on two aspects if you want to get an edge: Joints and weight.

Joints are systematically the weak point of any armored suit and the modern soldier needs to be light and reactive. I have patrolled Afghanistan with our current jackets and when you add their weight to what you are already carrying (bag, ammo, gun, helmet etc...) it means that you are trying to walk and run carrying almost 50 kilos (120 pounds more or less) on your back. A nightmare I tell you!

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#43  Edited By TheGoldenOne
    @minigunman123 said:

I hear magic works well.

lol.
    cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44  Edited By cameron83

@minigunman123: what's with you and magic,man?

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45  Edited By SUNMAN

this suit would be super expensive, and probably impractical You either have to sacrifice protection or flexibility/maneuverability. Your not going to find a great combinaiton of both

Avatar image for deactivated-5aaf5b14aa8f1
    deactivated-5aaf5b14aa8f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bubble gum and duct tape......works every time

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47  Edited By cameron83

Also minigunman123 is right

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By minigunman123

@cameron83 said:

@minigunman123: what's with you and magic,man?

What do you mean?

Avatar image for juandicimo_magnifico45
    Juandicimo_Magnifico45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://thephoenixjones.blogspot.com/

Avatar image for royale_with_cheese
    royale_with_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BREAKING NEWS: man found asphyxiated in his basement, in what appears to be a bondage suit with a cape. More on that story coming up.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.