Follow

Bart Allen

Character » Bart Allen appears in 1153 issues.

Hailing from the 30th century, Bart Allen is the grandson of the Flash, Barry Allen and Iris Allen. Originally using the name Impulse and trained by Max Mercury, Bart utilizes the same powers of super-speed possessed by his grandfather and fights crime alongside the Teen Titans, known as Kid Flash and Wally West's sidekick.

Is He Really Bart?

Holuntron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ok, so as I was reading The Flash #21, I started to think about something. Bart claims he does not remember his past (AKA the future) and Barry says Bart does not draw his powers form the Speed Force, but from some other-dimensional source. In Vibe #3, Bart also claimed he did not remember his past and Vibe appeared to see some sort of trial that took (will take?) place in the future from which Bart comes. If Bart is still Barry's grandson, how would he not receive powers from the Speed Force? Wouldn't he still inherit Barry's conduit energy through heredity? Or was it explicitly stated pre-New 52 that he never actually drew powers form the Force? Also, why would Bart Allen be chased like a criminal in the future? Wasn't he originally held in virtual reality for his own protection? So here is my crazy theory: What if the current Kid Flash is not the real Bart Allen? What if he is really the true Reverse-Flash, Eobard Thawne? We have not seen him since his death in Flashpoint, correct? Thawne was a criminal from the future who drew power from the Reverse Speed Force. What if he is somehow back again in the New 52 as Kid Flash and even he doesn't realize it? The current Reverse-Flash in The Flash comic is clearly not Thawne. What if Bart Allen is really Professor Zoom?

KZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting theory. I feel that this Bart Allen is so different, personality-wise, to the character I'm familiar with (Bart Allen pre-New 52).

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Are YOU really Bart?

Holuntron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your mother is really Bart.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The last few issues involving Kid Flash have really gotten me thinking. Especially the one, forget which, that says Bart Allens real name isn't even Bart Allen. It's gotten me thinking that he could be either a kid version of Thawne, actually Bart and they're just spewing BS, OR a kid version of Wally. I don't think Bart is really Bart now though, at this point I think I'd be disappointed if he was.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.