dc needs to bring bart back!!!!!

#1 Posted by master-toxin (31 posts) - - Show Bio

DC needs to bring back bart he was a good flash a good character
and i miss him who is with me ?

#2 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Bring Bart and Connor

Bart as Kid Flash btw

#3 Posted by NightFang (10074 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Tim was still working on that.

#4 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Two wrongs don't make a right.

#5 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

on a sidenote, I can't be the only one that believes that Connor is back and as the new Nightwing

#6 Posted by NightFang (10074 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"on a sidenote, I can't be the only one that believes that Connor is back and as the new Nightwing"
              If it is Connor then how did he come back?

Zoom said:
"Two wrongs don't make a right."
             What are you talking  about?
#7 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
NightFang said:
"Nighthunter said:
"on a sidenote, I can't be the only one that believes that Connor is back and as the new Nightwing"

I don't know but hint: he is 50% a clone of Superman, he could also come back from the dead
#8 Posted by NightFang (10074 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"NightFang said:
"Nighthunter said:

I don't know but hint: he is 50% a clone of Superman, he could also come back from the dead"
              But didn't Superman had some help?
#9 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

as far as I recall no, he is just that good

#10 Posted by NightFang (10074 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"as far as I recall no, he is just that good"
             Maybe but i think he had some help.
#11 Edited by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
NightFang said:
"Zoom said:
"Two wrongs don't make a right."
             What are you talking  about?"
It was crap to get rid of Bart the way they did.  But he's dead and burried.  It would be crap to bring him back as well, no matter how good of a character he was.

Just because we'd get the character we like back doesn't make it okay.  Two wrongs don't make a right.
#12 Posted by Teen Manatee (359 posts) - - Show Bio

master-toxin said:

"

DC needs to bring back bart he was a good flash a good character
and i miss him who is with me ?

"

Hell yeah! Bart was a great symbol of innocence and joy in the DCU. But he was at his best as Impulse, he was just created to be a fun little, impulsive kid. After he joined the Teen Titans, he was ruined. well, Mark Waid thought so, at least. When Didio called Mark to say that they're gonna kill bart in Flash the fastest man alive #13, Mark said "You killed Bart years ago."  But, it would be troublesome to bring Bart back. If ever he does come back, he should be de-aged and as Impulse. That was his purpose in the DCU.

#13 Posted by Paragon (7293 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Lantern.

#14 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
Teen Manatee said:
"Bart was a great symbol of innocence and joy in the DCU. But he was at his best as Impulse."
So true.

Teen Manatee said:
"After he joined the Teen Titans, he was ruined. well, Mark Waid thought so, at least. When Didio called Mark to say that they're gonna kill bart in Flash the fastest man alive #13, Mark said "You killed Bart years ago."

I have mixed feelings about this.  On one hand, Johns' Titans was probably the best Titans run since Perez and Wolfman stopped writing New Titans.  I don't feel like anybody was written completely out of character except Impulse.  And you can chalk Impulse's out of character stuff to finally deciding to grow up a bit.

As the weekend sidekick to the Flash who spent more time playing video games and goofing around with Max or Jay or Young Justice than actually fighting crime, he wasn't really going anywhere.  He didn't realize how much certain characters (Wally, Starfire) really looked down on him.  It's not necessarily where he had to go or where he should have gone but to an extent, it still made sense.

And frankly, Mark Waid doesn't know how to push a storyline.  He's stale.  He wrote some good Flash stories and then ran out of things to have the character do and the book went downhill.  He wrote Kingdom Come and it was great but he was tapped at that point and KC's sequel, the Kingdom, sucked big time.  It doesn't surprise me at all that Waid would just as soon have Bart's character never advance.  I would have loved Bart to stay as Impulse (and as Kid Flash) for longer but I wouldn't want him to be that silly kid that couldn't be taken seriously forever.

But on the other hand, I do agree with Waid to an extent.  Young Justice and the New Titans died during Graduation Day.  Young Justice became Teen Titans and it was pretty good but it didn't have the innocence or the fun of Young Justice.  Wonder Girl was making deals with the god of war, Impulse was acting serious, Superboy turned evil for awhile and Robin lost his dad.  Arrowette was replaced by the new Speedy and even though I like Mia, she wasn't half as much fun as Cissie.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Mark Waid is a wet noodle, Young Justice > Teen Titans (except New Titans), and Bart died when he became the Flash, not when he became Kid Flash. :-p
#15 Posted by SilverZeo (2748 posts) - - Show Bio

We're getting Barry Allen back, would you say that's a good trade?

#16 Posted by danhimself (22578 posts) - - Show Bio

NightFang said:

"Nighthunter said:
"as far as I recall no, he is just that good"
             Maybe but i think he had some help."

technically he did....kid eternity explained that the doors between earth and the after life we're screwed up and that's how superman was able to come back along with others like jason todd and green arrow but now the doors are shut and there shouldn't be anyone else returning from the grave

#17 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
SilverZeo said:
"We're getting Barry Allen back, would you say that's a good trade?"

No.  Bad trade.  Barry Allen was a good hero but about 75% of his books were pretty dang campy.  CoIE may very well by my favorite comic with him.  He died a hero's death to save not one universe but the entire multiverse.  I'm willing to give Rebirth a shot but I hate the "revolving door of death" in comic books and more than just about anybody, he should stay dead.

Bart on the other hand had his childhood stolen from him and was given a series of crappy writers and crappy stories as the Flash.  Then, the Rogues (you know, just about the only group who will go out of their way to not kill superheroes) killed him.

Barry's death was beautiful.  Bart's death was an abomination.  Getting rid of the first in exchange for the second is not a good trade.  It's two bad ideas.
#18 Posted by Shonen (692 posts) - - Show Bio

Kill Jay Garick off and bring back Bart. Good trade killing an old person to bring back a young person.

#19 Posted by SilverZeo (2748 posts) - - Show Bio
Shonen said:
"Kill Jay Garick off and bring back Bart. Good trade killing an old person to bring back a young person."
Good idea, But with deaths today, they're gruesome, take what Zoom said about Bart's Death, and Jay is Golden Age Hero, he needs to go out like Barry, Running as a hero.
#20 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver is right about one thing.  If Jay goes out, it better be running as a hero.

But he shouldn't go out at all.  With the earth 3 trinity gone, Jay Garrick is one of if not the very first superhero that is still alive in comics.  He's a teacher to the younger generation.  He doesn't need to die at all.

#21 Posted by Spectrum (4468 posts) - - Show Bio

mih there bringing Barry back...thats all i really need

#22 Posted by Paragon (7293 posts) - - Show Bio

Bart's back!!!!! The Legion of 3 Worlds brought him back!!!! Yay!

#23 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
Shonen said:
"Kill Jay Garick off and bring back Bart. Good trade killing an old person to bring back a young person."
Don't ever say kill of jay garrick

thats my favorite flash :/
#24 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually liked the old Jay Garrick comics a lot more than the old Barry Allen ones.

Jay was just so cool.

#25 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

i don't think ive been around long enough to read those :p

#26 Posted by inferiorego (25483 posts) - - Show Bio
Paragon said:
"Black Lantern."
ditto
Staff

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.