Bart Was a Damn Good Flash.

#1 Posted by Grim (2079 posts) - - Show Bio

It happened with Jason Todd, and now it's happened again. Scores of fans, bitching and compaining about how "Bart Allen isn't Wally". "Bart Allen isn't the Flash, he's a substitute."

Well, please, allow me to remind you of a few things:

1:Bart read an entire library in less than a day, and remembered it all,making him the only Flash with that ability. Do any of the other Flashes have unique abilities?

2: Bart was the first Flash to harness the ENTIRE speedforce, an achievement the other Speedsters thought him worthy to have.

3: Bart died without his powers, fighting his entire rouges gallery, saving an entire coast.

and 4: Bart was still a kid, just trapped in a mans body.

Bart was the best right off the bat, and he would have far surpased the rest if DC didn't have to worry about people throwing a fit because it wasn't Wally or Barry. Well, you have Wally back now. I hope you have fun with your average, same-old Flash.

My Flash died valiantly, saving lives.

#2 Posted by Spectrum (4468 posts) - - Show Bio

i like Wally, hes makes funnys

#3 Posted by Robin3 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Bart Allen was truly the best Flash, I agree. I collected his comics and the Young Justice and pretty much every one he was in. I was upset when he died, they killed off such a good character!

#4 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, i was gutted as well when he was killed off

#5 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

First of all Jason Todd was a bad substitute of Dick as Robin

And yeah Bart was the greatest flash in powers and speed terms, but Wally is still my favorite flash (Blame Wolfman and Perez for this)

#6 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

Teen Manatee says:

"Bart is sooooooooo the best Flash.Hope he gets revived like Donna Troy or Superman."

Na i like Wally, I'm glad Bart is dead.

#7 Posted by Teen Manatee (359 posts) - - Show Bio

Bart is sooooooooo the best Flash.Hope he gets revived like Donna Troy or Superman.

#8 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Bart Allen had potential to be the best Flash, but there wasn't a decent story in his time as the Flash as opposed to Wally or Barry who were in tons of great stories.

Making Bart into the Flash was a mistake.

1) He had recently become Kid Flash. He wasn't ready to step up. Like an earlier poster said, he was still a kid.

2) Wally wasn't done. There were more stories to tell about him. Having him disappear at such an inopportune time meant that he would inevitably come back which meant that Bart couldn't stay as the Flash.

We missed out on many good Bart Allen stories because they pushed him into the role of the Flash too quickly.

That being said, lets not pretend that he died because fans bitched about Wally being gone. People might have liked Wally better, but nobody hated Bart like they hated Jason.

People hated Jason enough to phone in and tell DC to kill him.....and then they brought a clone of him back.

#9 Posted by Final Arrow (24359 posts) - - Show Bio

It was a shame to use him. He had so much to give as a titan and was not ready for the next step!

#10 Posted by cpt_linger (2902 posts) - - Show Bio

didn't really get into the flash much, but the only name that comes to mind is Flash Gordon... so he's my favourite.

#11 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

Grim says:

"It happened with Jason Todd, and now it's happened again. Scores of fans, bitching and compaining about how "Bart Allen isn't Wally". "Bart Allen isn't the Flash, he's a substitute." Well, please, allow me to remind you of a few things: 1:Bart read an entire library in less than a day, and remembered it all,making him the only Flash with that ability. Do any of the other Flashes have unique abilities? 2: Bart was the first Flash to harness the ENTIRE speedforce, an achievement the other Speedsters thought him worthy to have. 3: Bart died without his powers, fighting his entire rouges gallery, saving an entire coast. and 4: Bart was still a kid, just trapped in a mans body. Bart was the best right off the bat, and he would have far surpased the rest if DC didn't have to worry about people throwing a fit because it wasn't Wally or Barry. Well, you have Wally back now. I hope you have fun with your average, same-old Flash. My Flash died valiantly, saving lives. "

Agree.

Zoom says:

"Bart Allen had potential to be the best Flash, but there wasn't a decent story in his time as the Flash as opposed to Wally or Barry who were in tons of great stories. Making Bart into the Flash was a mistake. 1) He had recently become Kid Flash. He wasn't ready to step up. Like an earlier poster said, he was still a kid. 2) Wally wasn't done. There were more stories to tell about him. Having him disappear at such an inopportune time meant that he would inevitably come back which meant that Bart couldn't stay as the Flash. We missed out on many good Bart Allen stories because they pushed him into the role of the Flash too quickly. That being said, lets not pretend that he died because fans bitched about Wally being gone. People might have liked Wally better, but nobody hated Bart like they hated Jason. People hated Jason enough to phone in and tell DC to kill him.....and then they brought a clone of him back."

Agree. They should have never forced him to age. I was very piss off about that.

#12 Posted by cpt_linger (2902 posts) - - Show Bio

Copy says:

"Grim says:
"It happened with Jason Todd, and now it's happened again. Scores of fans, bitching and compaining about how "Bart Allen isn't Wally". "Bart Allen isn't the Flash, he's a substitute." Well, please, allow me to remind you of a few things: 1:Bart read an entire library in less than a day, and remembered it all,making him the only Flash with that ability. Do any of the other Flashes have unique abilities? 2: Bart was the first Flash to harness the ENTIRE speedforce, an achievement the other Speedsters thought him worthy to have. 3: Bart died without his powers, fighting his entire rouges gallery, saving an entire coast. and 4: Bart was still a kid, just trapped in a mans body. Bart was the best right off the bat, and he would have far surpased the rest if DC didn't have to worry about people throwing a fit because it wasn't Wally or Barry. Well, you have Wally back now. I hope you have fun with your average, same-old Flash. My Flash died valiantly, saving lives. "
Agree. Zoom says:
"Bart Allen had potential to be the best Flash, but there wasn't a decent story in his time as the Flash as opposed to Wally or Barry who were in tons of great stories. Making Bart into the Flash was a mistake. 1) He had recently become Kid Flash. He wasn't ready to step up. Like an earlier poster said, he was still a kid. 2) Wally wasn't done. There were more stories to tell about him. Having him disappear at such an inopportune time meant that he would inevitably come back which meant that Bart couldn't stay as the Flash. We missed out on many good Bart Allen stories because they pushed him into the role of the Flash too quickly. That being said, lets not pretend that he died because fans bitched about Wally being gone. People might have liked Wally better, but nobody hated Bart like they hated Jason. People hated Jason enough to phone in and tell DC to kill him.....and then they brought a clone of him back."
Agree. They should have never forced him to age. I was very piss off about that."

shouldn't he age super quickly? :P

#13 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

He used to but they got rid of that. And I'm glad they did.

#14 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

He used to but they got rid of that. And I'm glad they did.

#15 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

B!@#$!

#17 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

B!@#$! jk

#18 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

Copy says:

"B!@#$!"

to my image or that he was a damn good flash?

#19 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

Your image.

#20 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

Copy says:

"Your image."

ok then here's another lol

#21 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Bart was a good Flash... and i have no doubt that they'll bring him back somehow...M"

Didio already announced it

don't know, I see bart as impulse or as kid flash, but Flash? he wasn't ready yet (no reason to kill him either)

#22 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they do bring him back and younger. So he could go back as kid flash and actual live his childhood.

#23 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Bart was a good Flash... and i have no doubt that they'll bring him back somehow...

M

#24 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"Methos says:
"Bart was a good Flash... and i have no doubt that they'll bring him back somehow... M"
Didio already announced it don't know, I see bart as impulse or as kid flash, but Flash? he wasn't ready yet (no reason to kill him either)"

THANK YOU! They totally played games with him.

#25 Posted by Omega Mega Man (52 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved him!!! he was me and I was him. bring us BACK! at least as a titan! but not a clone that was just creepy.

#26 Posted by Jet Speeeeed (20 posts) - - Show Bio

He was definitely my favorite! I love Wally but there was just something about Bart that was just GREAT...

#27 Posted by Jet Speeeeed (20 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to agree with all the other posters. He was just not ready for the FLASH. They should def. bring him back as a titan again.

#28 Posted by Omega Mega Man (52 posts) - - Show Bio

so i think bart is gonna eventually beat the hell out of superman prime. hazaa!!!

#29 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

Omega Mega Man says:

"so i think bart is gonna eventually beat the hell out of superman prime. hazaa!!!"

lol now be real

#30 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"Omega Mega Man says:
"so i think bart is gonna eventually beat the hell out of superman prime. hazaa!!!"
lol now be real "

He did beat superman prime. Superman Prime even stated that he is afraid of them.

#31 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

Copy says:

"Nighthunter says:
"Omega Mega Man says:
lol now be real "

He did beat superman prime. Superman Prime even stated that he is afraid of them."

that was when he was superboy and it was the might of 5 flashes

#32 Posted by Techno (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"Copy says:
"Nighthunter says:
"Omega Mega Man says:
lol now be real "
He did beat superman prime. Superman Prime even stated that he is afraid of them."
that was when he was superboy and it was the might of 5 flashes"

Remember after that? Bart ran straight to Superman prime and kicked his ass and then he SP ran away.

#33 Posted by Barry Flash (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah Bart was a great Flash, i think Him and Barry were the best.

DC would have to kill them off wouldn't they!

But Wally is a great Flash although i wish they'd bring Barry or Bart back.

#34 Posted by Omega Mega Man (52 posts) - - Show Bio

Techno says:

"Nighthunter says:
"Copy says:
"Nighthunter says:
"Omega Mega Man says:
lol now be real "
that was when he was superboy and it was the might of 5 flashes"
Remember after that? Bart ran straight to Superman prime and kicked his ass and then he SP ran away."

so, that being said i think eventually Bart is gonna kill Superman Prime and more power to him after a crappy death in flash #13

#35 Posted by Dubuquette (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#36 Posted by Dubuquette (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Teen Manatee says:

"Bart is sooooooooo the best Flash.Hope he gets revived like Donna Troy or Superman."

I totally agree. Bart Allen was the best Flah ever. He was so cute too(so girly,sorry). I feel bad for Valerie.

#37 Posted by Omega Mega Man (52 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah Bart is freaking awesome

#38 Posted by SilverZeo (2748 posts) - - Show Bio

Look for the cover of Legion of Superheroes in 31st Century #15 and you'll do a spit take. Our favorite Reckless Youth will make a cameo comeback after being dead for almost a year. I think this is also a tribute to Mike Wieringo. One of his pieces before he passed away was about the animated Legion. It will be great to see Bart as Impulse again!
Post Edited:2008-03-19 15:30:35

#39 Posted by master-toxin (31 posts) - - Show Bio
Copy said:
"

Nighthunter says:

"Omega Mega Man says:
lol now be real "

He did beat superman prime. Superman Prime even stated that he is afraid of them.

"
thats true and he should have been afraid
#40 Posted by sa5m (2112 posts) - - Show Bio

He is good but I prefer him as kid flash even Impulse more =)

#41 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

Good, Hell No 

He was great, he will be the greatest Flash, Faster then any of the others and sense of right and wrong that would put Barry to shame

#42 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

Bart's the best flash and best kid flash.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.