Follow

Barry Allen

Character » Barry Allen appears in 5080 issues.

Having discovered his mother murdered and his father blamed for the act, forensic scientist Barry Allen sought to clear his father's name and find the real killer. After being doused in chemicals and struck by lightning, Barry was granted the gift of super-speed. Now he protects his hometown of Central City as The Flash, the fastest man alive and founding member of the Justice League.

Would you watch it: A Flash TV Series

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Gambit1024

I've always felt that in the whole library of DC superheroes, the Flash has always been left out of the limelight. This has always confused me. When Bruce Tim's Justice League cartoon was popular, my classmates and I thought Flash was the best character. Now in this new age of superhero films and TV series, Flash has been left out. Superman has Smallville and a reboot is due in 2012, Batman has just about everything going for him, Wnder Woman is getting her own TV series, and  Green Lantern is getting his own film this year. 

I propose that Flash gets his own TV series. My idea would be for it to star Barry Allen and to have the show to be a mix of the superhero genre and CSI. I think that would be a bit more interesting than some of the stuff on TV right now such as The Cape, No Ordinary Family, etc. 

So what do you think? Should Flash get a TV Series? What would/should it be about?

No Caption Provided
    Band Lone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Band Lone

Hell yeah! I watched the old one religiously when I was a kid XD

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Magian
    @Band Lone said:
    " Hell yeah! I watched the old one religiously when I was a kid XD "
    This.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

I've seen the old one a million times in stores and thought about getting it... 

I'd totally watch a new series.
    Avatar image for thecheckeredman
    thecheckeredman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By thecheckeredman

Been there...

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Gambit1024
    @Band Lone said:
    " Hell yeah! I watched the old one religiously when I was a kid XD "
    I never saw the old one. Is it any good?
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By joshmightbe
    @Gambit1024: It was good at the time of course I was ten so I may be looking through nostalgia 
    ~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ~The Wanderer~

I'd watch it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
    deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

I would actually love that.

RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By RedK

think it would be cool with a mix of csi into it and in the second season they can introduce Wally and make him Kid Flash in the third season

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Gambit1024
    @RedK: That's what I'm talking about. And guest appearances by Jay Garrick and Hal Jordan on some occasions
    Birthright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Birthright

I wouldn't mind with guest appearances by heroes like Superman & Green Lantern it could be a awesome series.
    caesarsghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13  Edited By caesarsghost

I would never miss an episode
    Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Video_Martian

If DC & Warner Bros. ever do decide to make a Flash television series ( and I honestly ever doubt they will =P), then this is what I would like to see:
    *Have it be animated, live-action would be too cheesy & no one would take it seriously.
    *Have Barry Allen as the main character.
    *Use the full pantheon of Flash supporting characters, including Jay Garrick, Wally West (as Kid Flash), Jesse Chambers, Johnny Quick, Bart Allen (as Impulse from the future), Max Mercury (also from the future), Barry's wife Iris West-Allen, Wally's girlfriend/future wife Linda Park, Ralph Dibny/Elongated Man (Barry's friend), Sue Dibny (Ralph's wife), Dr. Tina McGee (Barry's co-worker/friend), Hal Jordan/Green Lantern (Barry's best friend), Solovar, etc., as well as his villains, such as Captain Cold, Mirror Master, the Trickster, Weather Wizard, Heat Wave, Captain Boomerang, Professor Zoom, Gorilla Grodd, Pied Piper, Golden Glider, the Top, Abra Kadabra, Doctor Alchemy/Mr. Element, Turtle, The Thinker, The Fiddler, Inertia/Kid Zoom, and Rainbow Raider (yes, even the Rainbow Raider needs some love ;)
    *If successful, have it run for at least 3 seasons, this gives the show a good enough amount of time to tell some awesome Flash storylines (which they should use from the comics, btw)
    *Like I just mentioned, use ACTUAL Flash storylines & Arcs from the comics, including how Barry Allen first got his super-speed powers from the lightning bolt, explain the origins & childhoods of their characters (from Barry, Jay, Iris & Wally to Prof. Zoom & the Rogues), "The Flash of Two-Worlds" arc, Show how the Rogues first teamed up to destroy the Flash once and for all, "The Trial of the Flash", the death of Barry Allen (although it should be way diff. from the COIE timeline), show Wally finally taking up the mantle of the Flash, etc.
    *Have it be for kids/teens, but give the show some dark moments as well, exs. inc. Prof. Zoom impersonating Barry & terrorizing his friends, leading up to him "killing" Iris (actually sent to the future), Barry getting revenge on Zoom & snapping his neck, show the abuse that Capt. Cold & Golden Glider got from their father, have the Pied Piper's homosexuality implied (but not fully revealed), killing off char's such as the Top, Fiddler, Trickster, etc.
    *Bring back actors who have portrayed such char's before, such as John Wesley Shipp (voicing either Barry or Jay) & Mark Hamill (voicing the Trickster)

All of these points & more would be necessary for DC/WB to FINALLY give us the Flash T.V. show that we've all been waiting for & dying to see =D

caesarsghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By caesarsghost
    @mr.obvious:
    cool
    Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 730

#16  Edited By Silkcuts

I got the old TV show from WAlmart for cheap ans slowly watching it, so cheesy, but so good.
    ZOOM!

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PrinceIMC

The old series was decent for it's time. I mean it was 1990. But from what I understand the whole superhero meets CSI thing is what they have planned for the Flash movie. Now if it falls through then they should definitely try it as a TV show.
    Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Video_Martian

@caesarsghost:
    Thanks ;D

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#19  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I'd probably watch it, only thing is that I grew up watching Wally as the Flash on JL and JLU. I knew Barry was back, but what bothers me is that I've grown so use to Wally's sense of humor and his character, I mean I'll probably get use to it with time, but it was weird when I was watching Young Justice and Barry was the Flash (since obviously Wally is Kid Flash), but he didn't crack one joke in that whole scene with Captain Cold and it just didn't feel like the Flash I've been use to all of these years....

Is that a bad thing...? :/

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @War Killer said:
    " I'd probably watch it, only thing is that I grew up watching Wally as the Flash on JL and JLU. I knew Barry was back, but what bothers me is that I've grown so use to Wally's sense of humor and his character, I mean I'll probably get use to it with time, but it was weird when I was watching Young Justice and Barry was the Flash (since obviously Wally is Kid Flash), but he didn't crack one joke in that whole scene with Captain Cold and it just didn't feel like the Flash I've been use to all of these years....  Is that a bad thing...? :/ "
    No, Barry barely has a personality. He's the typical Silver Age hero; he does everything right just coz. 

Wally is the best Flash, it's even acknowledge as such in the DCU (in any book not written by Johns). 

As for the topic; yes if the series was about Wally. No if it was about Barry.
    ComicCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By ComicCrazy

Love the idea, the old show was good but it didn't really feel like the flash that much but I would love to see a show that makes it super cool and has all the rogues and make a super awesome Mirror Master episode.
    caesarsghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By caesarsghost
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @War Killer said:
    " I'd probably watch it, only thing is that I grew up watching Wally as the Flash on JL and JLU. I knew Barry was back, but what bothers me is that I've grown so use to Wally's sense of humor and his character, I mean I'll probably get use to it with time, but it was weird when I was watching Young Justice and Barry was the Flash (since obviously Wally is Kid Flash), but he didn't crack one joke in that whole scene with Captain Cold and it just didn't feel like the Flash I've been use to all of these years....  Is that a bad thing...? :/ "
    No, Barry barely has a personality. He's the typical Silver Age hero; he does everything right just coz.   Wally is the best Flash, it's even acknowledge as such in the DCU (in any book not written by Johns).    As for the topic; yes if the series was about Wally. No if it was about Barry. "

Come come my friend, Barry has a genuine personality. And is there something wrong with doing the right thing just because it is right? He is a typical midwestern guy, salt-of-the-earth type. I applaud his lack of a 'dark turn.'  

However, whenever I chime in on this conversation for Barry, people think I dislike Wally. Quite the contrary, Wally was 'my' Flash growing up because he was in the cartoons. But I love that Barry is back.  

And would you really not watch the show? Flash fan like you?
    frogjitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#23  Edited By frogjitsu

I'd love to see a flsh tv show or at least a dc direct animated feature.  When is DC gonna show the Flash some love?  Even though my Flash is Wally, I wouldn't mind it if it was about Barry, now that I've gotten used to the idea of him being back.  I think a better question would be, "Who wouldn't watch a Flash TV Series?".  I think mostly everyone on this site would at least check out nearly any tv show based on a comic. 

Mighty Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Mighty Max

I would love a Flash animated series, like come on he was done so well in the Justice League series.

It would have to be Wally of course.
    Mumbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mumbles

without a doubt i would watch a new flash tv series. even if it was bad

StarKiller809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

#26  Edited By StarKiller809

I would watch it, but his villians are really werid. I don't know how they could pull it off without it seeming corny.
    KZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By KZR

For me it all depends on the characters and the way they are portrayed. If it is anything like Smallville (which just confused me) then I won't watch it.

fACEmelter88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By fACEmelter88

I watched the terrible live action show years ago and I'd watch a new series today but I really would have preferred to see Ryan Reynolds play the Flash on the big screen...not as Hal Jordan.

Sgtcrispy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Sgtcrispy

I'd watch it if it was animated, don't know about live action. I  never saw the original flash series though. I'm afraid of having another awful show like Smallville if it were live action. Wally or Barry, but I prefer Wally.

Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#30  Edited By Mbecks14
    I'd prefer an animated Flash series with a live action movie

@FadeToBlackBolt: No, Barry's great! Read Blackest Night and Dastardly Death of the Rogues. Be more open minded.  In the comics, Wally wasn't the goofy comic relief you know from JLU. Barry and Wally aren't all that different. 

You say Barry " everything right just coz." which confuses me. Because i'm pretty sure Barry's a superhero/good guy, and that Wally does everything right too. If you're implying that Barry is perfect, than you clearly are just as ignorant as you sound.  Wally's great and I love him too, but I love Barry just as much. And Johns doesn't hate Wally either, he wrote Wally on the Flash for a LOOONG time.
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#31  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Mbecks14 said:
    "
    I'd prefer an animated Flash series with a live action movie

@FadeToBlackBolt: No, Barry's great! Read Blackest Night and Dastardly Death of the Rogues. Be more open minded.  In the comics, Wally wasn't the goofy comic relief you know from JLU. Barry and Wally aren't all that different. 

You say Barry " everything right just coz." which confuses me. Because i'm pretty sure Barry's a superhero/good guy, and that Wally does everything right too. If you're implying that Barry is perfect, than you clearly are just as ignorant as you sound.  Wally's great and I love him too, but I love Barry just as much. And Johns doesn't hate Wally either, he wrote Wally on the Flash for a LOOONG time.
    "
    I've read every Wally story written by Waid and Johns, as well as his time during the JLA. Chances are, I know more about Wally than you do.
    Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#32  Edited By Kairan1979

I wish Reynolds played Flash, not Green Lantern.

RYU/BATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33  Edited By RYU/BATMAN

I would watch a Flash Series if they made The Flash, Barry Allen or Wally West. And I would want Nathan Barnatt to star as the Flash

Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#34  Edited By Mbecks14
    @caesarsghost said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @War Killer said:
    No, Barry barely has a personality. He's the typical Silver Age hero; he does everything right just coz.   Wally is the best Flash, it's even acknowledge as such in the DCU (in any book not written by Johns).    As for the topic; yes if the series was about Wally. No if it was about Barry. "

Come come my friend, Barry has a genuine personality. And is there something wrong with doing the right thing just because it is right? He is a typical midwestern guy, salt-of-the-earth type. I applaud his lack of a 'dark turn.'  

However, whenever I chime in on this conversation for Barry, people think I dislike Wally. Quite the contrary, Wally was 'my' Flash growing up because he was in the cartoons. But I love that Barry is back.  

And would you really not watch the show? Flash fan like you? "
    I agree 100% with you Caesarsghost
    caesarsghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By caesarsghost

@Mbecks14:
    Thanks, man!

Basically any Flash show, using any characters or combination thereof, I would watch. Its hard to go wrong with Flash! Barry is fantastic, Wally is great, hell, it could even star Bart and I would be down with that. If it has a lightning bolt on it, I'm there.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By moywar700

I would like to see a Flash cartoon.I want something different then the JL's animation style.Something with bright colors or cheery.Flash never had his Cartoon show or a good t.v show.WW's t.v show was good for its time but the 90's Flash t.v wasn't good.Flash deserves recognition for the iconic hero is he.Maybe after the film, there will be a cartoon.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, but it should star Barry. With elements from other Flashes. I mean if Wally West from JLU was an amalgam Flash and nobody complained, then why can't Barry take elements from other Flashes as well?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With this design:

http://images.wikia.com/theflash/images/9/97/Young_Justice_Flash.jpg

Avatar image for marionettegeist
    Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy: He's being introduced on Arrow. Just expect a red jacket, yellow boots, and red eyeliner. If you get anything better, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dctv3363 said:

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy: He's being introduced on Arrow. Just expect a red jacket, yellow boots, and red eyeliner. If you get anything better, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Yeah, I'm not to excited for Arrow, but the show's producers are saying he's going to get his classic costume.

Avatar image for marionettegeist
    Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dctv3363 said:

Yeah, I'm not to excited for Arrow, but the show's producers are saying he's going to get his classic costume.

Well that's surprising. I guess I'll be watching this season of Arrow, or at least a few episodes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dctv3363 said:
    @martianmanhunterisbetterthancy said:

@dctv3363 said:

Well that's surprising. I guess I'll be watching this season of Arrow, or at least a few episodes.

Me too. I'm going in with low expectations (the suit will probably look cheap and horrendous), but hopefully they take me by surprise.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

it's already here

and im watching it

multiAQWorlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.