Follow

Barry Allen

Character » Barry Allen appears in 5077 issues.

Having discovered his mother murdered and his father blamed for the act, forensic scientist Barry Allen sought to clear his father's name and find the real killer. After being doused in chemicals and struck by lightning, Barry was granted the gift of super-speed. Now he protects his hometown of Central City as The Flash, the fastest man alive and founding member of the Justice League.

Why Barry Allen is Awesome

• 58 results
    batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#51  Edited By batmannflash

#1 takes it for me.

I see Barry as a lot more human than even Clark

I agree!

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By HumanRocket

@batmannflash: Dude I just want to thank you! Because of this blog you did I decided to get into The Flash (Barry Allan)and I'm in love with him. I went and got trades for The Flash Rebirth and also for the New 52 Flash and I'm hooked. But thanks for the info you posted here its what pushed me to get into it.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By batmannflash

@humanrocket: wow! no problem! that's definitely been my goal with these blogs: to share why I love these characters and hopefully others can learn to love them too.

Yeah Barry is my second favorite hero ever and the New 52 Flash series is great.

You should definitely check out the 12 issue series by Geoff Johns and Brian Buccellato/Francis Manapul (same art as the New 52 Flash) The Flash

If you like the current series, you'll definitely love this one

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@batmannflash: nice I just checked you the covers of the vol and I can tell that I enjoy it. Thanks for the recommendation let you know how I enjoy it.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By batmannflash
    torres16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just started reading DC comicbooks (from the Silver Age), I chose some big names to start and Flash is just the best of them all. Barry is by far the most charismatic and easy liking character . Your explanation of number 1 is exactly how i see him, and maybe the reason why i become such a huge fan of him.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@torres16

glad that you chose Barry as one of the big names to start with. He's an amazing hero.

And welcome to Comic Vine!!

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#59  Edited By LyraFay

Great blog post!! I love the bit about Barry and Iris, they're so cute!!

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lyrafay: thanks! Barry and Iris is one of my favorite, if not my favorite, comic book couple of all-time

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.