Who is Barry Allen's best friend?

#1 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

So is it Hal Jordan?  Ralph Dibny?  Wally West?  Jay Garrick?  or someone else?  thoughts?

#2 Posted by Theworldbreaker (1642 posts) - - Show Bio

Anti Monitor :). 

Doesent that just have best friend written all over it? lol
#3 Posted by _Courage_ (1183 posts) - - Show Bio
@Theworldbreaker:
Prick move! Hahaha 
Iris is Barry's best friend.
#4 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio
@Theworldbreaker said:
"
Anti Monitor :). 

Doesent that just have best friend written all over it? lol "
Dude, that's SO harsh, lol 

so in that case, Hal Jordan's best friend must be:
Incoming!!
Parallax, cuz they both share a deep, personal bond with each other  ;)
#5 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio
@_Courage_ said:
" @Theworldbreaker: Prick move! Hahaha Iris is Barry's best friend. "
I agree
#6 Posted by Theworldbreaker (1642 posts) - - Show Bio
@_Courage_:  lol
@mr.obvious:     And dont forget Void and sentry and Superman and doomsday, they go into tears when they have'ent seen each other for a long period of time 

Just look at how much fun there having!
#7 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio
@Theworldbreaker: Ur twisted, lol
#8 Posted by _Courage_ (1183 posts) - - Show Bio
@mr.obvious:
I love your avatar btw rofl.
#9 Posted by VillainousV (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

............Most sincere form  of flattery and all that shite............Flash and Zoom = BFFS!!!!!!!!! :D
#10 Posted by Theworldbreaker (1642 posts) - - Show Bio
@mr.obvious:
haha just having fun, why so serious? 

When thanos had hte HOTU he,LT,eternity, and infinity played ring around the rosey 

He even made his own little rules. who ever messed up gets absorbed doesent that sound like fun?
#11 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio
@_Courage_: Thanks ;D 
@VillainousV said:
"
............Most sincere form  of flattery and all that shite............Flash and Zoom = BFFS!!!!!!!!! :D "
WRONG!!! 
@Theworldbreaker: Oh you, lol
#12 Posted by VillainousV (1419 posts) - - Show Bio
@mr.obvious: O_O................TT_TT I'm SORRY..................runs away to cry..............
#13 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio
@VillainousV:  O_o  uhhh... okay...
#14 Posted by Black Lantern Mar-vell (2040 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Hal.  Jay was more of a mentor / father figure.  Wally's more of a protege / son.  Hal had TWO really close friends, Barry and Oliver.  I never really saw Barry and Ralph as all that close.  The only other real possibility would be Ray Palmer, but I think Hal and Barry were closer.

#15 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio
@Black Lantern Mar-vell said:
" I'd say Hal.  Jay was more of a mentor / father figure.  Wally's more of a protege / son.  Hal had TWO really close friends, Barry and Oliver.  I never really saw Barry and Ralph as all that close.  The only other real possibility would be Ray Palmer, but I think Hal and Barry were closer. "
I also agree to this.
#16 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio
@mr.obvious: Hal Jordan 

#17 Posted by daredevil21134 (11840 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal Jordan
#18 Posted by batmanary (798 posts) - - Show Bio

I would actually say Ralph Dibny. Hal's best friend is Green Arrow, and Atom's best friend is Hawkman.

#19 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal and Ralph were really close with Barry. Hal was buds with Ollie, but they also bicker. Hal and Barry work better together, and Elongated man teamed with barry often. I feel like Barry also had a connection with Ronnie Raymond/Firestorm but i can't remember if that's true.

#20 Posted by batflasharrow96 (445 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal

#21 Posted by daredevil21134 (11840 posts) - - Show Bio

Iris

#22 Posted by ImperiousRix (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like Ollie and Hal are closer than Barry and Hal.  Personally, I always feel like Iris is his best friend.  She's the one he confides in and the one he seems to spend the most time with.

#23 Posted by Zachattack1239 (110 posts) - - Show Bio

Barry and Bruce Wayne are pretty close

#24 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13174 posts) - - Show Bio
@ImperiousRix said:
I feel like Ollie and Hal are closer than Barry and Hal.  Personally, I always feel like Iris is his best friend.  She's the one he confides in and the one he seems to spend the most time with.
f$%k Ollie 

Hal has James Woods 

#25 Posted by Kairan1979 (16746 posts) - - Show Bio

Ralph Dibny.

#26 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

Elongated Man

#27 Posted by HolySerpent (12546 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal

#28 Posted by The_Tree (7481 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say it's Hal.

#29 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal

#30 Posted by batmanary (798 posts) - - Show Bio

Ralph Dibny.....

#31 Posted by super_psycho (2792 posts) - - Show Bio

Speed Force :P

#32 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11621 posts) - - Show Bio

Although Hal and Ollie are considered best friends, thats really only because they co-starred together for so long. Ollie sucks and Hal knows it. Barry cares about Hal as a friend so much and it's shown many times in the comics while Ollie just sits back and complains like a bitch. I'd say Barry and Hal are best friends, bros, one might say. But Also Iris is a good choice.

#33 Edited by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

Either Hal Jordan or Ralph Dibny.

#34 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13174 posts) - - Show Bio

I would actually say Ralph Dibny. Hal's best friend is Green Arrow, and Atom's best friend is Hawkman.

Hal's admitted to liking Barry more. plus he and Ollie spent most of their time fighting and fell out with each other in the 80's. they did reconcile but they were never as close as they used to be.

#35 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13174 posts) - - Show Bio

Although Hal and Ollie are considered best friends, thats really only because they co-starred together for so long. Ollie sucks and Hal knows it. Barry cares about Hal as a friend so much and it's shown many times in the comics while Ollie just sits back and complains like a bitch. I'd say Barry and Hal are best friends, bros, one might say. But Also Iris is a good choice.

this.

#36 Edited by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1394 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's Hal especially after new 52 they bros for life. I mean Hal and Oliver are bestys but Hal and Flash is tight. Plus Barry ain't to fond of Oliver cause he thinks he's a douche.

#37 Posted by w0nd (3422 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's Hal especially after new 52 they bros for life. I mean Hal and Oliver are bestys but Hal and Flash is tight. Plus Barry ain't to fond of Oliver cause he thinks he's a douche.

I like their new dynamic in the new 52 especially the good cop bad cop bit

#38 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

So what's the new relationship of New52 Hal and Ollie? I don't see them being besties from the books I've read.

#39 Posted by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1394 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad: Pre 52: knew each other and were both on a frendly bases. New 52:????

#40 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad: Pre 52: knew each other and were both on a frendly bases. New 52:????

Yeah Pre 52 had them like bros (perhaps peaking with Zero Hour) but I don't see any interaction between the two in New 52 aside from the JL bits.

#41 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13174 posts) - - Show Bio

@banestrokelobogrundybatarrow said:

Yeah Pre 52 had them like bros (perhaps peaking with Zero Hour) but I don't see any interaction between the two in New 52 aside from the JL bits.

Hal thinks he's a loser b-list Batman wannabe in the new 52

#42 Edited by CrazyScarecrow (1352 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal Jordan! Him and Barry are Super Friends!

This is what happened when Barry came back from the dead. Both Hal and Black Canary came to Barry!

#43 Posted by Life_Without_Progress (1989 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal

#44 Posted by RustyRoy (12756 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Hal.

#45 Posted by batmannflash (6221 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal Jordan

#46 Edited by Black Lantern Mar-vell (2040 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal

#47 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

@mbecks14 said:

Hal and Ralph were really close with Barry. Hal was buds with Ollie, but they also bicker. Hal and Barry work better together, and Elongated man teamed with barry often. I feel like Barry also had a connection with Ronnie Raymond/Firestorm but i can't remember if that's true.

I don't think he interacted with Firestorm that much. His other friends outside of Hal and Ralph were Atom, Hawkman, Green Arrow, Black Canary and Zatanna (who he hit on).

#48 Posted by TommyJones1945 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre 52 I would say Iris/Hal. But now its definitely Hal. Makes me think he might appear in TV show; one could dream.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.