Follow

Barry Allen

Character » Barry Allen appears in 5080 issues.

Having discovered his mother murdered and his father blamed for the act, forensic scientist Barry Allen sought to clear his father's name and find the real killer. After being doused in chemicals and struck by lightning, Barry was granted the gift of super-speed. Now he protects his hometown of Central City as The Flash, the fastest man alive and founding member of the Justice League.

The Flash TV show theories thread (spoilers)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
    deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Ok so I wanted to share some theories that I had about the Flash TV show, and decided to make a thread so people can share new theories and ideas as the show progresses.

Ok, so my first theory is that Edward Thawne is not Professor Zoom, but one of Professor Zooms ancestors. In the comics Zoom was a descendent of Barry Allen's twin brother who was given to another family named Thawn on accident or something. I'm not sure of the full story but it goes something like that. Correct me if I'm wrong. So, maybe Zooms name in the series does end up being Eobard, and we haven't been introduced to him yet...... Or have we..

That leads into the obvious second theory that Harrison Wells is Zoom. Or at least working for him in some way. This could make sense if the show takes from the Rebirth storyline. According to that comic, when Barry got his powers he created the speed force and all speedsters, and every time he runs the speed force gets better and stronger, so Wells is trying to keep Barry safe (as seen at the end of episode 2) so in the future Zoom is more powerful with more speed force. He could be Eobard Thawne going under a false identity because he knows that his ancestor, Edward (see how I strung my theories together) works with Barry, and doesn't want Barry getting suspicions about the 2 people he knows with the last name Thawn. Boom, time travel 360 noscoped.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
    deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Looks like no one responded. Well then....

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By EyeDCyou

I'm pretty much with you there. I don't think 'Eddie' is Zoom, but just an ancestor of his. Wells is obviously from the future, or in contact with someone who is.

I actually have a slightly different theory about Wells... stay with me here. I think Harrison is from the future, but he's actually a good guy. When Flash disappears in the impending crisis, the world probably goes to sh*t. Wells is attempting to save the future, so he returns to the past to mentor Barry to try to avoid the mistakes that he will make otherwise. It appears as though Wells is committing a lot of evil acts on the show, but they are all for the greater good of The Flash and Central City.

LenSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Oh and I think it's pretty obvious Wells screwed up the particle accelerator on purpose to create the flash

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@eyedcyou said:

I'm pretty much with you there. I don't think 'Eddie' is Zoom, but just an ancestor of his. Wells is obviously from the future, or in contact with someone who is.

I actually have a slightly different theory about Wells... stay with me here. I think Harrison is from the future, but he's actually a good guy. When Flash disappears in the impending crisis, the world probably goes to sh*t. Wells is attempting to save the future, so he returns to the past to mentor Barry to try to avoid the mistakes that he will make otherwise. It appears as though Wells is committing a lot of evil acts on the show, but they are all for the greater good of The Flash and Central City.

Hmm, is Harrison really a good guy when he is killing people by episode two....?

@gor724 good theories though...it will be fun finding out. I am loving this show. Better than Series 1 of Arrow.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

@bezza: Killing people for the greater good of Barry Allen and the future in general.

liamkobal52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@@gor724:

I think tat Harrison is the reverse flash from the comics, in the comics the reverse flash aka Zoom is from the future but he doesn't have evil motives his motive is to make the flash a better hero by forcing him to push his limits and go through agony to overcome his weaknesses so that he won't fail in a future crisis that pretty much doomed the world but he dose this in brutal ways. If you haven't noticed in the TV show there is lots of evidence suggesting that Harrison is from the future and that he is trying to protect the flash from things that will eventually cause him from failing in the crises. Another thing I've noticed is that pretty much all the villains that reoccur in the comics die within one episode of the show, I think this has something to do with Harrison/Zooms future intervention, killing the major villains off before they become to big a threat, thus altering the events of history and potentially avoiding the crises. Also there is a cage labelled Grodd Star labs and it seems pretty clear from the end of episode 5 that Harrison definitely has a plan for him, this shows that he is intervening with major villains and there effects on the Flash timeline.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@gor724 said:

Ok so I wanted to share some theories that I had about the Flash TV show, and decided to make a thread so people can share new theories and ideas as the show progresses.

Ok, so my first theory is that Edward Thawne is not Professor Zoom, but one of Professor Zooms ancestors. In the comics Zoom was a descendent of Barry Allen's twin brother who was given to another family named Thawn on accident or something. I'm not sure of the full story but it goes something like that. Correct me if I'm wrong. So, maybe Zooms name in the series does end up being Eobard, and we haven't been introduced to him yet...... Or have we..

That leads into the obvious second theory that Harrison Wells is Zoom. Or at least working for him in some way. This could make sense if the show takes from the Rebirth storyline. According to that comic, when Barry got his powers he created the speed force and all speedsters, and every time he runs the speed force gets better and stronger, so Wells is trying to keep Barry safe (as seen at the end of episode 2) so in the future Zoom is more powerful with more speed force. He could be Eobard Thawne going under a false identity because he knows that his ancestor, Edward (see how I strung my theories together) works with Barry, and doesn't want Barry getting suspicions about the 2 people he knows with the last name Thawn. Boom, time travel 360 noscoped.

Your confusing professor Zoom and Zoom. Two different characters. One is a speedster from the future and the other operates on a different time frame and is "out of sync with time". Zoom (Hunter Zolomon) is obsessed with making Wally suffer to make him a "better hero".

I suspect that Wells is actually an amalgam of the two. Merging both characters into one as the "sole Zoom" to the "sole " Flash.

Avatar image for professorflash029
    professorflash029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What I will announce will shock you. The flash is continuing the 1990s series of the same name. In the new series barry allens' father is actually the original flash. And what you see with the 'zoom' yellow and red lightning around barrys mum. Is the battle/contest between the "reverse flash" and barry's father(original flash).

The story commences: The original flash wanted to start a family, but his identity was exposed. And the reverse flash batted him into contest see who is fastest can own the town etc etc. In trying to protect his family (wife and son) he lost the battle and couldn't stop the "reverse flash: from killing his wife. Barry allens father feels responsible for his wives death, and he feels it is safer for barry for him to be in jail. Unaware of what is happening in the world outside the prison walls.

And now Dr Wells created the particle accelerator with the intent on creating a new "flash" to contest. what he was not aware of was the extent on creating other meta-humans. And he has always stated is that barry is the key, and most important. He is trying to get Barry allen (the flash) up to speed(excuse the pun). Upto his level of speed and power. And keep him from a relationship with iris, so that there are no distractions. So he can finally get his showdown with the flash to see who his the better.

shahidmaqsood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice Theories .Waiting for the next episodes.

If you want to read some mind blowing facts for flash go here:

http://passionateviews.blogspot.com/2015/10/17-stunning-and-uncanny-views-about.html

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.