Follow

Barry Allen

Character » Barry Allen appears in 5080 issues.

Having discovered his mother murdered and his father blamed for the act, forensic scientist Barry Allen sought to clear his father's name and find the real killer. After being doused in chemicals and struck by lightning, Barry was granted the gift of super-speed. Now he protects his hometown of Central City as The Flash, the fastest man alive and founding member of the Justice League.

The Flash To Receive All-New DC Universe Online DLC

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

If you're one of the many people who are still enjoying playing DC's DC Universe Online multiplayer game, and you happen to be a big fan of the Flash, then today is your lucky day.

No Caption Provided

Earlier today a source revealed that the next DC Universe Online expansion pack will be called "Lightning Strikes" and will feature none other than the "fastest man alive," Barry Allen. This new expansion pack will give Flash a whole new world to play in, a new power set, new villains to beat in a whole new story. The report revealed that players will be able to play Barry's origin story and will feature the Cosmic Treadmill, which will allow players to travel back in time in Central City as they are given the opportunity to follow Barry Allen's story of how he became The Flash.

== TEASER ==

Sony Online Entertainment's executive director of game development Lorin Jameson stated that we'll be seeing several other characters being brought into the fold, as well.

Black Lightning,Static, Weather Wizard, Professor Zoom, and Flash are all inside Central City. Outside Central City you'll see some of the Titans becoming bounties, so Raven, Starfire, and Cyborg will start making appearances in the open world, then also we've added the Trickster, Pied Piper, Abra Cadabra, The Top in there.
    The reason we went with the Titans, by the way, is because we added Kid Flash as well as a bounty, so we wanted to get the rest of the Titans out there supporting him along with Static as well. We're really pulling out the stops in terms of characters players will be interacting with in Lightning Strikes.
    No Caption Provided

For those wondering which Kid Flash Jameson is referring to, sorry Wally fans -- but that doesn't mean we should write off Wally from ever appearing in DCUO. At least not according to Sony Online Entertainment's creative director Jens Andersen.

Wally is not a cast member in the DLC at this time. This will continue the conspiracy that DC hates Wally West, cause he's not in the books right now, and not in our thing...
    I can't speak for Jim (Lee) and Geoff, but for our part, we want to make it the most special, the heavens part and here comes Wally West into DCUO. So we'll make it epic when it happens!

Along with delving into the back story of Barry Allen, we'll get a lot more power sets and plenty of other character that will appear in the game. The DLC will be available later this year (not that there's much left of this year) and will carry a $9.99 price for anyone signed up with "free-to-play" or "premium." "Legendary" subscribers, however, will be able to download The Flash, Electricity and Central City for free. What d you think of the news? Does this get you excited to play DC Universe Online? How do you like the game?

Source: Newsarama

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

SO COOOOLLL!!! :D

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By NightFang3

@Icarusflies said:

SO COOOOLLL!!! :D

Morgan4242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Morgan4242

I love this game, they have hooked me with free and now they can have 10 bucks every now and again if this thing sticks around for a long time.

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By doordoor123

Now I just need to get the Green Lantern DLC

papo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By papo

Nice hopefully we get to fight the flash rouges

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Mercy_

Not Wally = not interested.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By danhimself

this plus my Flash armor is going to be AWESOME!!!!

shrmntnk62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By shrmntnk62

If this does well maybe they will get the ball rolling on a Flash movie or Flash Central City game. That would be rad as hell.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By danhimself

also who cares which Flash it is...you're not playing as him and you'll probably see him for all of 5 minutes in the game...so if it really bothers you then for those 5 minutes just pretend that it's Wally

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By ReVamp

@danhimself said:

also who cares which Flash it is...you're not playing as him and you'll probably see him for all of 5 minutes in the game...so if it really bothers you then for those 5 minutes just pretend that it's Wally

Da

bigsoto74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By bigsoto74

I like City of heroes better.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
    redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wasnt sony online just hacked or something but this sounds cool though

bigsoto74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By bigsoto74

@redbird3rdboywonder said:

wasnt sony online just hacked or something but this sounds cool though

Yep it was.

elayem98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By elayem98

so is central city a fully playable city? or only for missions?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By danhimself

@elayem98 said:

they said that there are going to be bounties running around Central City but they all said that there will be a limit on how many characters can enter the city at one time so who knows...it's also not as big as Gotham or Metropolis

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Video_Martian

This news is frickin AWESOME, and I don't even play video games anymore ;)

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#17  Edited By The Impersonator

This will continue the conspiracy that DC hates Wally West, cause he's not in the books right now, and not in our thing...

Really?

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By TheCrowbar

If you're curious the next power slated to be Earth. Tank/DPS while Lightning is Healer/DPS

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By danhimself

some more screenshots:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    fitchy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By fitchy101

@danhimself said:

At the top of the article it says 'Flash fans will get a chance to play as the character' so you do get to play as him.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By danhimself

@fitchy101 said:

@danhimself said:

At the top of the article it says 'Flash fans will get a chance to play as the character' so you do get to play as him.

I don't see that anywhere in the article and if you ever do get to play as him then it will only be in the PvP Legends areas and not actually in-game

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By danhimself

@danhimself said:

@fitchy101 said:

@danhimself said:

I don't see that anywhere in the article and if you ever do get to play as him then it will only be in the PvP Legends areas and not actually in-game

here is what's included in the DLC straight from SOE

"In this DLC pack, fans have the opportunity to immerse themselves in another great character and action-packed story from the DC Universe," said Jens Andersen, Creative Director for DC Universe Online. "With exciting gameplay, a new power set and new locations to share with your friends, we packed a whole new kind of fun into this DLC pack and are eager for our players to dive into another legendary adventure."

In addition to the new Electricity Power set, DC Universe Online players will also be able to interact with The Flash-themed characters and content with new maps and features:

• Central City – An all-new map that offers players a more open world experience that provides on-going gameplay, with solo and group missions.
    • The Flash Museum Duo – Players can now experience the Central City of today and tomorrow. In TheFlash Museum Duo, players can travel back in time to the very moment when Barry Allen became The Flash and battle foes inside the Central City Police Station!
    • Electricity Powers – Players now have the opportunity to get the new Electricity Power set for current and new characters. The new Electricity Power set allows players to leverage the lightning power of electricity and use new types of attacks in combat. Electricity Powers include the Tesla Ball, which creates a floating ball of electricity that zaps nearby enemies; the Shockwave, which shoots streams of electric bolts at enemies; and Ionic Drain, which drains energy from the environment to replenish a player's health while simultaneously damaging surrounding enemies.
    • New Gear Players can earn all-new gear sets including the new Zoom-inspired gear set for villains, and the new Black Lightning-inspired gear set for heroes.
    • New CharactersLightning Strikes brings players new iconic DC Universe characters including Livewire, Black Lightning, The Top, The Trickster, Static and more. New characters – such as Livewire – will be featured as new "Inspired By" options for players who can choose to create a new character inspired by some of DC Universe's legendary characters. Additional new characters – such as Black Lighting – serve as a bounty mission that players can fight if they choose to be a villain.

Lightning Strikes offers players a new story-driven adventure that offers up even more of the intense and fast-paced combat that distinguishes DC Universe Online, a game focused on superhero combat set in locations where gamers can showcase over-the-top powers in epic battles. The Flash adds another legendary superhero for players to battle against or alongside on their journey to becoming the next legend.

DC Universe Online's Lightning Strikes DLC pack will be accessible for free for all of the game's Legendary players and available for purchase for $9.99 USD for all Free and Premium players from the PlayStation® Network Store, through the in-game Marketplace and on the PC from the DCUniverseOnline.com website.

they say nothing about being able to play as the Flash

Punchmaster12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Punchmaster12

I'm still in the process of leveling up my characters, but once I do (and get the Fight for the Light DLC) you can bet I'll be downloading this.

Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 12

#24  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

I am gonna join Flash with my female hero that I designed Giovanna West (A twist of my own name) A gun-totting-Super Speedster! WHAT! i WANTED TO PLAY AS GIRL! nothing weird or strange about that right! I also have a villian avatar, Sentinel West!

GothamRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#25  Edited By GothamRed

neat, bart allen is finally gonna be in something not made of paper

elayem98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By elayem98

@danhimself said:

@elayem98 said:

they said that there are going to be bounties running around Central City but they all said that there will be a limit on how many characters can enter the city at one time so who knows...it's also not as big as Gotham or Metropolis

ok cool thanks

MatKrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

#27  Edited By MatKrenz

Weather Wizard, Trickster, Pied Piper and Top are good BUT WHERE THE HELL ARE CAP COLD, HEATWAVE AND MIRROR MASTER ?. You can't have the Rogues without their leader. The moment they announce Cap Cold he will so be my mentor for my villain character.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BatteredArmor

this news is... ELEC-TRIC!!!!!!!!!!

ips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ips

@MatKrenz: They are in prison on Stryker's Island and already in the game. They are the boss fight leading up to the final fight with Grodd.

ips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ips

@bigsoto74: why? it's 10years old - it looks 20years old and it's kinda garbage too lol. DCUO has all the structure for a modern superhero MMO. once they release enough content and powers there won't be any excuse to hold onto those ancient superhero MMOs.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Wow not bad! Certainly like Barry so I might give this a go. Might.

AwesomeAquaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AwesomeAquaman

This game feels really short and dlc can only go so far. I still enjoy it though, I might get this dlc for lightning powers!

nnotdead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By nnotdead

i need to join a guild or something. i have been playing mostly alone, but now a lot of missions i am having trouble completing by myself.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By danhimself

@nnotdead said:

i need to join a guild or something. i have been playing mostly alone, but now a lot of missions i am having trouble completing by myself.

are you playing on PS3 or PC? EU or US?

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AlKusanagi

Cool. I started playing on PS3 a couple of weeks ago and hit 30 the day before Skyrim came out. Needless to say, I haven't been back, but once I'm done with Skyrim I will be.

bigsoto74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By bigsoto74

@ips said:

@bigsoto74: why? it's 10years old - it looks 20years old and it's kinda garbage too lol. DCUO has all the structure for a modern superhero MMO. once they release enough content and powers there won't be any excuse to hold onto those ancient superhero MMOs.

City of Heroes has been around for little over 7 years and the game has evolved. I don’t know if you have ever played, but the game’s graphics are amazing especially with the Ultra Mode Graphic Upgrade. City of Heroes is also the first game I have played where I can make a mission where my character is the final boss for others in the game to play. When I last played DCUO I was not able to customize the colors or change the animations of my attacks, I can in CoH. I like that we have co-op zone and missions where heroes and villains can team up fight a common enemy. Now we can also change alignments and switch sides to become good or evil, not to mention that CoH also has 14 archetypes. The list could go on how I like CoH better, but the fact is DCUO was released Jan 2011 and as of Nov 1 it is now free to play. That must be some sort of record it didn’t even last a year before it went free to try to keep some players and the game going. It took 7 years for CoH to do the same because of the loyal players, but it has reached the point of being free to play.

MMORPG are made to be fun and I have more fun fighting off the Rikti Invasion in Paragon City than fighting off Clowns in Gotham City. The one thing I did like about DCUO was that I made a Space Ghost character that did not get deleted because it did not violate Copyright rules since Space Ghost was published by DC. If I did that on CoH, they would delete my costume and name, and then give me the “Generic 001234” name in its place. I also liked the open world PvP DCUO has and I wish CoH would switch to that.

Cytorrak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Cytorrak

@fitchy101 said:

@danhimself said:

You don't play as any pre-existing character in the game. You can try to make them in the character creator, but that's as close as you get. What they mean is you'll get to play missions themed around The Flash, and his city will be added as an area.

It's more about lightning in general than Flash really, the point is a new power type will be added: Electricity. That's why Black Lightning, Livewire and Static will be added in despite not specifically being linked to Flash. Super Speed was already an available movement type. Villains will get a new costume that will allow them to look similar to Zoom. Heroes won't get to look like Flash though, they get shafted with Black Lightning's costume, which technically you could already make.

I'd like to see them try to add teleportation as a movement type.

fitchy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By fitchy101

@mrmisanthrope said:

@fitchy101 said:

@danhimself said:

You don't play as any pre-existing character in the game. You can try to make them in the character creator, but that's as close as you get. What they mean is you'll get to play missions themed around The Flash, and his city will be added as an area.

It's more about lightning in general than Flash really, the point is a new power type will be added: Electricity. That's why Black Lightning, Livewire and Static will be added in despite not specifically being linked to Flash. Super Speed was already an available movement type. Villains will get a new costume that will allow them to look similar to Zoom. Heroes won't get to look like Flash though, they get shafted with Black Lightning's costume, which technically you could already make.

I know, I was silly for going on the title of the article, especially as when I commented I hadn't played the game yet. I have now (really enjoying it). Teleportation would be awesome. Can you get vehicles? I think that could be cool too.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By danhimself

@fitchy101 said:

@mrmisanthrope said:

@fitchy101 said:

@danhimself said:

I know, I was silly for going on the title of the article, especially as when I commented I hadn't played the game yet. I have now (really enjoying it). Teleportation would be awesome. Can you get vehicles? I think that could be cool too.

don't worry about it...the title is definitely misleading....no vehicles yet and I don't know how they would add vehicles since the movement types are there....in WoW they added vehicles because all you could do was walk and run but with DCUO you already have flight, superspeed, and acrobatics

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By danhimself

what I really want is some more mentors and Tiered armors....like they should have made an Alan Scott Kindom Come inspired Tier 1,2, or 3 armor with the Fight for Light pack

fitchy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By fitchy101

@danhimself said:

@fitchy101 said:

@mrmisanthrope said:

@fitchy101 said:

@danhimself said:

don't worry about it...the title is definitely misleading....no vehicles yet and I don't know how they would add vehicles since the movement types are there....in WoW they added vehicles because all you could do was walk and run but with DCUO you already have flight, superspeed, and acrobatics

I just thought of vehicles because of Batman, what with the Batmobile being nearly as famous as he is. And Wonder Woman can fly, but she has a plane...

DarkShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By DarkShadows

One of the best news I heard of the day! :D

And who cares which Flash it is, we're getting a new power set, playable city, villains and heroes.

It's worth $10 to me.

nnotdead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By nnotdead

@danhimself: PC in the US

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Eyz

Nice! The Rogues :D

Avatar image for alleria_evenstar
    Alleria_Evenstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Alleria_Evenstar

can't wait fr d dlc... hard light is good but it feels a bit too melee oriented....to actually feel like GL... hope lightnin is mre of a ranged power

batfan1939

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By batfan1939

What's the size of this download? The game's already 14 GB, I don't want to use up my computer's memory.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.