The Flash movie discussion

• 61 results
#51 Posted by Black_Claw (2975 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedLightning: And for the third film, The villain should be Gorilla Grodd. I'm sure he could work if done right.

#52 Edited by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

-Has there been a news lately on it?

-Would you rather it be about a different Flash?

-What villain should be in it?

-What kind of direction do you want it to be in? (dark, funny, etc.)

EDIT: -Who would you like to play Barry, Iris, and whichever villain you would like to appear in it.

I personally am happy it's supposely about Barry. I really like Wally, also. But, I just don't see how it would be focused on him judging that he started off as Barry's sidekick, Kid Flash.

But I wouldn't mind it being about Jay Garrick, either. But Barry is def. my favorite Flash out them all, so I am pretty content.

-Nothing.

-It has to be Barry.

-I vote the Rogues

-Dark wouldn't work. I'd go with an Avengers vibe, where it's fun and action packed without taking itself too seriously or getting silly.

-Barry Allen: Scott Porter. He's got the look and charm of a midwestern nice guy.

-Iris West: Stana Katic? I might need more thought in this one.

There's absolutely no chance Jay Garrick would be the Flash in the movie, maybe he'd make a cameo. And they could introduce Wally West as Iris's nephew but probably only Kid Flash in a sequel.

Please no Bradley Cooper, I don't understand why people seem to think he'd be a good match for the role.

#53 Posted by jobbernos (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

captain cold for his villain.

#54 Posted by Cole_Mercer (214 posts) - - Show Bio

1st Film: Barry Allen as Flash, Enemy would be Captain Cold, I can see the movie having a Hancock-like vibe and also have Jay Garrick in the film, after all he is the grandfather.

2nd Film: Introduce Wally West/Kid Flash in the movie, The Shade or Gorilla Grodd should be the villain

Final Film: Mirror Master should be the villain, and maybe at the end have Jay, Barry & Wally team up to defeat mirror master.........now that would be epic

#55 Posted by silverlord90 (221 posts) - - Show Bio

What... Iuugh NO... NPH as Barry, just no... he looks so awkward as Barry. i preffer a more undergorund choice, Jai Courtney for Barry -Hipster side talking- Bradley works more for Wally.

#56 Edited by TeamUnitedNerds (402 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think that they should go too dark with it, but it should at least be mature. As for the villains, I think that Zoom/Reverse Flash should be in it. Now, think about it. Batman Begin's main villain was Scarecrow, a man who used Batman's power of fear against him. Man of Steel will feature Zod, another kryptonian. The movies tend to start out with a villain who uses the power of the hero against them, almost a twisted mirror image of the protagonist. I think Zoom fits this nicely. I suppose they could save Captain Cold for the sequel, if there is one.

#57 Posted by FlashKnight (451 posts) - - Show Bio

@teamunitednerds But also look at the tendency of the movies to save the archnemesis until the second film. Joker in the Dark Knight, and Lex as the probable villain for a MoS sequel. Even Green Lantern did this with the Sinestro post-credit scene.

#58 Posted by thejman250 (154 posts) - - Show Bio

-Has there been a news lately on it?

-Would you rather it be about a different Flash?

-What villain should be in it?

-What kind of direction do you want it to be in? (dark, funny, etc.)

EDIT: -Who would you like to play Barry, Iris, and whichever villain you would like to appear in it.

I personally am happy it's supposely about Barry. I really like Wally, also. But, I just don't see how it would be focused on him judging that he started off as Barry's sidekick, Kid Flash.

But I wouldn't mind it being about Jay Garrick, either. But Barry is def. my favorite Flash out them all, so I am pretty content.

- Not sure

- No, i like Barry.

- Mirror master, Captain cold, or Grodd

- Dark, extremely dark.

- Not sure.

- What i really care about is a free roam Flash game.

#59 Posted by gotwillpower (679 posts) - - Show Bio

-No idea

-I like Barry, he's the most lost logical choice.

-I want Reverse Flash, if that's possible. He would help make it darker. And since they'll probably do a Justice League movie before Flash, we wouldn't need a full origin story movie.

-Dark, but not too dark. Like in Flashpoint. I really liked Barry in Flashpoint.

-No idea, but I hope they get the costume right for Flash!

#60 Posted by AmazingWebHead (1863 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the villain (probably Zoom or Grodd) should hire a bunch of thugs and give them hi-tech gear, making them the Rouges. (Capt. Cold, Mirror Master, Capt. Boomerang, etc.)

NPH would make a great Barry Allen

I would definitely be interested in seeing that.

#61 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2232 posts) - - Show Bio

Brad Bird would be the perfect director/writer for a Flash movie.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.