Follow

Barry Allen

Character » Barry Allen appears in 5080 issues.

Having discovered his mother murdered and his father blamed for the act, forensic scientist Barry Allen sought to clear his father's name and find the real killer. After being doused in chemicals and struck by lightning, Barry was granted the gift of super-speed. Now he protects his hometown of Central City as The Flash, the fastest man alive and founding member of the Justice League.

The Flash movie discussion

• 61 results
    BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

-Has there been a news lately on it?

-Would you rather it be about a different Flash?

-What villain should be in it?

-What kind of direction do you want it to be in? (dark, funny, etc.)

EDIT: -Who would you like to play Barry, Iris, and whichever villain you would like to appear in it.

I personally am happy it's supposely about Barry. I really like Wally, also. But, I just don't see how it would be focused on him judging that he started off as Barry's sidekick, Kid Flash.

But I wouldn't mind it being about Jay Garrick, either. But Barry is def. my favorite Flash out them all, so I am pretty content.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#2  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

wow! that would be cool! (I didn't know they were playing with doing a Flash Movie!)

Barry allen should be the star. The others have alright origin stories, but I think Barry has the most possible for the silver screen!

I think either Mirror Master or Captain Cold should be in the movie. Gorrila Grodd is cool but I don't know if they could make he seem as menising in live action without making him comical. Zoom would be interesting, but I think he should appear in like a sequel if there was one...Pied Piper could be an interesting villain (and might make him more known), but I definitely think Captain Cold or Mirror Master. both visually would be cool to see in a movie

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@The Poet said:

wow! that would be cool! (I didn't know they were playing with doing a Flash Movie!)

Barry allen should be the star. The others have alright origin stories, but I think Barry has the most possible for the silver screen!

I think either Mirror Master or Captain Cold should be in the movie. Gorrila Grodd is cool but I don't know if they could make he seem as menising in live action without making him comical. Zoom would be interesting, but I think he should appear in like a sequel if there was one...Pied Piper could be an interesting villain (and might make him more known), but I definitely think Captain Cold or Mirror Master. both visually would be cool to see in a movie

Yeah. Zoom would def. have to be in a sequel. Just wouldn't work out having him appearing in a origin film.

I agree with you. Captain Cold or Mirror Master would work out the best. Though I would love to see Grodd, I just don't see that working too much live action...

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Loki9876

Barry Allen

captain cold

as dark as Iron man 1 maybe a little bit darker.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By danhimself

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

@The Poet said:

Yeah. Zoom would def. have to be in a sequel. Just wouldn't work out having him appearing in a origin film.

I agree with you. Captain Cold or Mirror Master would work out the best. Though I would love to see Grodd, I just don't see that working too much live action...

Grodd would work fine in live action...have you seen Rise of the Planet of the Apes?

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Yeah. I think they should make it in the same tone movies like Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, and X-Men were made in. I could deal with a tad of comedy in it, but please not too much. Marvel has been pushing it with all that corny comedy they been putting in their movies. Green Lantern was the same. I hope they avoid that in The Flash.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@danhimself said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

@The Poet said:

Grodd would work fine in live action...have you seen Rise of the Planet of the Apes?

maybe...It all depends on who is the director and what the writer does that really decides on how Grodd is taken.

I'm just thinking that Flash will probably be like Thor where there is a serious side to the movie, but it will also have a comical side. And if that is true, Grodd would be tough, but not imposible. If they did something similar to Gordd's origin from the silver age it could work out...

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

:

Yes, IDK though, I just think it wouldn't work out well. But if it was announced that he was the villain then I wouldn't complain.

EDIT: I just think it would be a little too much to cram into a origin story. With Gorilla City, super intelligent gorillas, where they came from, Grodd coming to Central City..

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Loki9876

I think they should keep Grodd for a sequel because a man with superspeed and a speaking gorilla in one movie is much, first let the audience (who doesn't know the Flash) meet the flash, with a more digestible villain like Captain Cold.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By kidchipotle

i LOVE Wally, but Barry would make more sense since he came first and Wally was KF first.

I think Bradley Cooper would make an amazing flash, does anyone agree?

As for vilains, I think they should have multiple rogues for Flash to fight because one bad guy is too boring. It could be like Origin Flash vs Origin Rogues.

Iris should be in it, and they either should be already married OR a possible love interest that will develop in the second movie. Not sure who should play her though.

SuperShafe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By SuperShafe

NPH as Barry.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

i LOVE Wally, but Barry would make more sense since he came first and Wally was KF first.

As for vilains, I think they should have multiple rogues for Flash to fight because one bad guy is too boring. It could be like Origin Flash vs Origin Rogues.

Iris should be in it, and they either should be already married OR a possible love interest that will develop in the second movie. Not sure who should play her though.

I haven't gotten to cooper (I'm still at Barry's silver age 9th appearece, so I have a lot to read...

Yeah, that was what I was thinking Mirror Master and Captain cold because they were early rogues or maybe pied piper for variety...

I disagree with the whole marage thing. They were in a relationship when they made their first appearence and it is very enertaining to read them in a less confident relationship. Marage would not leave any room for their relationship to grow if there were more than one movie (if there was a movie at all). It worked really well in the silver age at least to keep Iris as a love interest but have that relationship like the comics where Iris is always complaining about him being too slow and theatening to leave him if he didn't change his ways. Now that is entertaining!

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By Billy Batson

They're making a Flash movie? Source?
    BB

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@Billy Batson said:

BB

IMDb listed it on their website, but then nothing is really confirmed, so this really just speculation and guesses and what we want to see in such a movie...

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By Phaedrusgr

@The Poet: Why not both of them?

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@Billy Batson said:

BB

Maybe still not official, but it's listed on IMDb, and this is a pretty good article, where they say the script is on the way and such... Still, I do not know if the movie is still official though, as this article was written in 2010.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/707772/the-flash-movie-looking-to-get-dark-and-gritty/

EDIT: Superherohype posted an article concerning Flash movie last August of 2011:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/168099-warner-bros-president-on-green-lantern-2-and-the-flash

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

Hmmm Bradley Cooper could make a pretty good Barry. Nice choice.

Iris and Barry should meet in the movie, I would really enjoy seeing the whole bow-tie thing go down. Do it just like described in Rebirth. They meet at court, have a date, etc.....

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Billy Batson

@BiteMe-Fanboy:

August? Doubt it.
    BB

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@Billy Batson said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy:

August? Doubt it.
    BB

What do you mean? The Warner Bros. film group president said they have a script ready. And that was said only about 5 months ago.. Regardless, if now or later, I'm sure a Flash movie will come into works.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Billy Batson

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

@Billy Batson said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy:

August? Doubt it.
    BB

What do you mean? The Warner Bros. film group president said they have a script ready. And that was said only about 5 months ago.. Regardless, if now or later, I'm sure a Flash movie will come into works.

I haven't heard anything about a Flash movie coming out this. No real news about it. TDKR, Avengers and Green Lantern had some news a year before their release.
    BB

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@Billy Batson said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

@Billy Batson said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy:

August? Doubt it.
    BB

I haven't heard anything about a Flash movie coming out this. No real news about it. TDKR, Avengers and Green Lantern had some news a year before their release.
    BB

I see your point. If they really do have a script ready for a Flash movie, it will probably be a while before we get to see it. Hasn't really been any cast rumors, villain rumors, director, anything... But I'm sure it's coming. IMDb has it listed for a 2013 release. Ha, just have to pray that's true.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Billy Batson

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

@Billy Batson said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

@Billy Batson said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy:

August? Doubt it.
    BB

BB

I see your point. If they really do have a script ready for a Flash movie, it will probably be a while before we get to see it. Hasn't really been any cast rumors, villain rumors, director, anything... But I'm sure it's coming. IMDb has it listed for a 2013 release. Ha, just have to pray that's true.

Exactly. Yeah I've seen some info that it would appear in 2013 before. Hopefully that would be true.
    BB

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PrinceIMC

Before Green Lantern came out they had the screenwriters of Green Lantern going ahead with a Flash movie script, but then Green Lantern under-performed....so who knows.

As for what I'd like to see: Barry Allen as Flash vs the Rogues. The Rogues don't need too much backstory after all and Flash is the fastest man alive so he should have a bunch of villains to keep him busy.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@PrinceIMC said:

Before Green Lantern came out they had the screenwriters of Green Lantern going ahead with a Flash movie script, but then Green Lantern under-performed....so who knows. As for what I'd like to see: Barry Allen as Flash vs the Rogues. The Rogues don't need too much backstory after all and Flash is the fastest man alive so he should have a bunch of villains to keep him busy.

If carefully done there could be multiple enemies. We don't want another Batman and Robin in our hands....

I say keep it with two villains. Cold and Mirror Master.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PrinceIMC
    @BiteMe-Fanboy said:

@PrinceIMC said:

Before Green Lantern came out they had the screenwriters of Green Lantern going ahead with a Flash movie script, but then Green Lantern under-performed....so who knows. As for what I'd like to see: Barry Allen as Flash vs the Rogues. The Rogues don't need too much backstory after all and Flash is the fastest man alive so he should have a bunch of villains to keep him busy.

If carefully done there could be multiple enemies. We don't want another Batman and Robin in our hands....

I say keep it with two villains. Cold and Mirror Master.

See but the Rogues could share an origin so it could be more than 2. I'd kinda want Trickster in there too.
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By Gambit1024

Give me Neil Patrick Harris as Barry Allen, and I'll be a happy fan.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@Gambit1024 said:

IDK, man. I just have a feeling that NPH will be to Flash what Ryan Reynolds is to Green Lantern.

And that's not good. He did a great job tho voicing Barry on the animated movie. But Idk, just have my doubts.

My vote is with Bradley Cooper. Already a rumor (which he denied) that he is the frontrunner. But hey, that might mean something anyways.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Gambit1024

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

@Gambit1024 said:

IDK, man. I just have a feeling that NPH will be to Flash what Ryan Reynolds is to Green Lantern.

And that's not good. He did a great job tho voicing Barry on the animated movie. But Idk, just have my doubts.

My vote is with Bradley Cooper. Already a rumor (which he denied) that he is the frontrunner. But hey, that might mean something anyways.

Yeah, but Ryan Reynolds wasn't right for Hal Jordan. Like, at all. If they wanted the right guy to be Hal Jordan, they should've went with Nathan Fillion.

At least NPH sounds, and can even look like Allen. Plus, he's a great actor in his own right. And he's got his own fanbase. Letting him put on the red suit is guaranteeing money in the WB's pockets.

Cooper would be cool too, but he, like Reynolds, is in everything. I'm not against him for the part, but I'd like to see more names before him.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@Gambit1024: that would "be legend-... wait for it... and I hope you're not lactose intolerant because the second half of that word is DAIRY!" :P

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By Primmaster64

There's going to be a Flash movie?

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Gambit1024

@The Poet: Yes!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#31  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I honestly don't see them putting Captain Cold in it after Arny as Mr Freeze, I know it's a totally difrent thing but you know what movie producers are like, one thing under preforming means everything resembling it gets scrapped.  

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@Primmaster64 said:

There's going to be a Flash movie?

Supposed to be. They supposely have a script ready. But other than that, nothing else has really been said.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BatteredArmor

I've heard this movie whisper about here and there but nothing concrete except that DC has decided to handle all there movies from a darker standpoint following Green Lantern's failure and Batman's success

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#34  Edited By daredevil21134

@Gambit1024 said:

Epic Fail dawg lol

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Gambit1024

@daredevil21134: How do you figure?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
    NPH would make a great Barry Allen 
    NPH would make a great Barry Allen 
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#37  Edited By daredevil21134

@Gambit1024 said:

LOL,I see him more as Wally.But its your opinion and I respect that

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Gambit1024

@daredevil21134 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

LOL,I see him more as Wally.But its your opinion and I respect that

No, it's cool. I think Wally's too young for NPH, though.

@The Stegman: That's what I'm talkin' about.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
    @Gambit1024: yeah people type cast NPH since he's in most comedies but really he's a good dramatic actor too, he'll make a better Barry than Wally
    BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

NPH or Cooper. Either would be fine with me.

Who would y'all cast as Captain Cold, Mirror Master, and Iris?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I honestly cant imagine NPH throwing a punch and making it look believable 

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@spiderbat87 said:

I honestly cant imagine NPH throwing a punch and making it look believable

lol. NPH is def. not my choice for playing Barry, but I wouldn't be mad/upset if he was though. I think Bradley Cooper would be awesome as Barry. He is a pretty good actor, and can throw a tad bit of comedy in with it.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @BiteMe-Fanboy said:

@spiderbat87 said:

I honestly cant imagine NPH throwing a punch and making it look believable

lol. NPH is def. not my choice for playing Barry, but I wouldn't be mad/upset if he was though. I think Bradley Cooper would be awesome as Barry. He is a pretty good actor, and can throw a tad bit of comedy in with it.

He would be good but I'd also be wary of throwing in the "flavour of the month"
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#44  Edited By Primmaster64

Its gonna be Barry Allen

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Gambit1024

My personal Rogues cast:

Garret Hedlund: Zoom
    Garret Hedlund: Zoom
    Hugh Jackman: Captain Boomerang
    Hugh Jackman: Captain Boomerang
    David Tennant: Weather Wizard
    David Tennant: Weather Wizard
    Paul Giamatti: Captain Cold
    Paul Giamatti: Captain Cold
    Sam Worthington: Heatwave
    Sam Worthington: Heatwave
    Timothy Olyphant: Mirror Master
    Timothy Olyphant: Mirror Master

SuperShafe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SuperShafe

I only say NPH because ever since Justice league new frontier I can't read a flash comic without hearing his voice

Jonny_Rogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Jonny_Rogers

I've kinda been making up a couple of Flash films in my head for the past week or two.....

FLASH ORIGIN

In a similar way to Fight Club, the film starts off with Barry Allen (dressed in ruined Flash costume) tied to a chair and forced to face a big mirror . There is a mysterious man (Mirror Master, unrevealed at the time) who tells the Flash to 'reflect on what he's become' and 'the potentially dangerous force that he is becoming'. Barry asks what the man wants with him, to which he simply replies, 'I am but the unmovable object to you, the unstoppable force'. Barry (narrating) then says, 'they say that before you die, your life Flashes before your eyes.'

It then jumps back to a weather report saying that heavy storms are due to hit Central City in the next couple of days and that people should remain indoors. Enter Barry Allen, police scientist. You see him in a rush to the train station, to which he misses the train. Arriving late at work, he enters the office and is greeted by a frustrated boss, who remarks that he is often late and that 'that mirror guy is presumed responsible for the kidnapping of some men and women'. Reluctantly, Barry goes to the place that the missing people were last seen. Finding a sharp shard of a broken mirror, he picks it up and seals it for later examination. Enter Iris West, news reporter and girlfriend of Barry. She is seen reporting the kidnapping, and is currently at the scene of the crime, ready to interview Barry. Barry had forgotten about this planned interview and had instead gone straight to the police lab to examine what he found. Finding out that the finger prints matched renown criminal Evan McCulloch (I chose the second incarnation to add diversity), Barry is soon struck by lightning and the chemicals poured over him.

He awakes in hospital, four months later, only to find Iris, happy to see him healthy, but annoyed that he wasn't there for the interview. Iris says that to make it up, 'you're going to take me on a date tonight'. Within the week, he returns to his job and informs his boss that the killer is really Evan McCulloch, to which the boss replies, 'We know. You're almost three months late.' In police interrogation, Barry is forced to talk to the captured Evan McCulloch, now officially dubbed 'the Mirror Master'. Evan mocks and taunts Barry constantly, forcing him to lean forward and punch him with extreme speed and power, only for Evan to disappear, revealing that he is actually a hologram. He informs his boss about this disturbance, and then leaves. This of course takes time, meaning that he'd be late for the date.

After leaving the police station, he meets Iris, who complains that he is late. After trying to reason with her, tension arises between the two of them, up until the point where Iris accidentally knocks over the waitress passing next to them. The world seems to freeze around Barry, and out of confusion, he gets up and looks around, only to see life as if time has stopped. This idea could potentially become an iconic cinematic moment if done correctly, as Barry is walking around the city, looking at everything passing him, all of which seems to remain in suspended animation in his perspective.

The next morning, he finds a box that has been posted to him by an anonymous person. Inside it is a ring, which when pressed, released the Flash costume.

NOTES

OK... this has taken a lot more time that I that it would have, but I was thinking about starting a blog to complete this. For the record, Professor Zoom is the enemy in the second film, as a dark reflection of Barry. His sudden appearance will explain a lot of things about the first film, and it may involve forcing Barry to travel back in time to make the thunderbolt that made him the Flash.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By sethysquare

I would like to see Captain Cold, Pied Piper and Reverse Flash.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
    TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

Just base it partially on The Flash: Rebirth.

RedLightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By RedLightning

It is my own opinion!

Barry Allen should be in it. I am thinking about a trilogy with him.

Iris West is a riporter, and a love interest of Barry. Jay Garrick might be a comic book character. Wally is a kid. (In the first film, we just getting heard about him by Iris, of course. Second movie, we getting know that he is going to come for a summer weakend to Iris. Third film is almost about him being Kid Flash). Chyre would be a supporting character.

Villains: The story would narrated by Reverse Flash (Thawne), as a child, and at the end of it, he would be an adult. He doesnt appear in the first film, but main antagonist in the 2. Captain Cold, Weather Wizard and Mirror Master would be the antagonists. They are The Rouges.

Direction: It wouldnt be a dark movie. Much more light then Nolan's Batman. Brighter, funnier.

Actors (So far, not completed):

The Flash - Ryan Gosling

Iris -

Captain Cold - Clive Owen

Weather W. -

Mirror Master (McCulloch) - Jared Padalecki

Reverse-Flash - Michael Rosenbaum (Voice)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.