The Flash comes to an end in May

#1 Posted by magicman620 (125 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Mumbles (846 posts) - - Show Bio

WTF! thought johns would be on that series for the long haul

#3 Posted by obscurefan (274 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeez, DC has tried everything under the sun to make a Flash comic that will stick around, including bringing back the only character in comics who everyone thought would remain dead, and even that hasn't worked. I wonder what this says for the future of Flash comics.

#4 Posted by tensor (4163 posts) - - Show Bio

that would really suck i hope it is only a break for now

#5 Posted by danhimself (22492 posts) - - Show Bio

how much do you want to bet that it comes back with combined numbering of all the Flash series

#6 Posted by Mumbles (846 posts) - - Show Bio

that would be great

#7 Posted by Yumulu (762 posts) - - Show Bio

It most likely only a pause for the flashpoint event, it will definitely restart with a #1 or a numbering compilation.

#8 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7681 posts) - - Show Bio
@Yumulu said:
" It most likely only a pause for the flashpoint event, it will definitely restart with a #1 or a numbering compilation. "
I hope they just jump straight back on with the numbers, just going back to 1 all the time is wearing a little thin, what is this? the 90's?
#9 Posted by Yumulu (762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omega Ray Jay: well it a fact that number 1 usually = more money, because in the mind of the casual comics collector a number 1 will eventually worth more money(yeah right...) and is way more easy to get into than let say detective comics number 885760.
#10 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7681 posts) - - Show Bio
@Yumulu: Yeah the whole new numbering order has always drawn in the cash I'm only saying that after 12 or so issues its a little much
#11 Posted by Krakoa (550 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mumbles said:
" WTF! thought johns would be on that series for the long haul "
I'm sure Flashpoint will provide a sufficient Flash fix, but it's a little disappointing that they felt they need to cancel the flagship book. 
#12 Posted by Trodorne (2584 posts) - - Show Bio

BOOOOOOOO! where is the dislike button on this news.

#13 Posted by Cosmic_Falcon (2039 posts) - - Show Bio

Well that sucks. 

#14 Edited by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, I can live with that...as long as it leads to WALLY BEING BACK IN THE DCU!!! Tired of all the #1 restarts though. If they restart it than do it from the actual issue number from here on out. I'm sure it's just on pause for Flash point, but if they do that I really, really want it to come with the numbering of the current series or numbering of the total issues of Flash thus far. 

#15 Posted by StarKiller809 (1238 posts) - - Show Bio

That is stupid. I ahven't been reading it but I love Flash and it really almost just started. I though they would keep it around because Geoff Johns was writing. Were the sales bad?
#16 Posted by entropy_aegis (15218 posts) - - Show Bio

First captain america now flash.Who is next? 
still it means flash wont go the way of green lantern.
#17 Posted by Lvenger (19320 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:
" First captain america now flash.Who is next? still it means flash wont go the way of green lantern. "
What's wrong with Green Lantern? With Geoff Johns writing it and Doug Mankhe pencilling it it's fast become one of my favourite comic books. Unless you're talking about the other 2 GL titles. In that case I have no expertise on those 2
#18 Posted by batflasharrow96 (445 posts) - - Show Bio

Bad move for DC. This series has to be in their top 5 highest selling of all their books

#19 Posted by daredevil21134 (11478 posts) - - Show Bio

Stupid!!!! Long Live Barry Allen
#20 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

The series is coming back after Flashpoint ends, this topic should be locked.

#21 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio
@mr.obvious: is that official?
#22 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mbecks14 said:
" @mr.obvious: is that official? "
Its supposed to start again after Flashpoint.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.